IGNORED

Sunderland - Semenyo

Unan

Everything I saw of him at Newport was brilliant. Looked like he was worth every penny of the 2m Chelsea reportedly bid for him in the summer. 

However since then looks like he’s playing cos he’s won a competition. 

I hope Sunderland get the former, because they’d better enjoy playing with 10 if they get the latter. 

17 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Semenyo linked with a move to Sunderland, we've been asked what our view is on the Sunderland forum. If you could give me your views on him I'd be highly appreciated, I will post them as a reply to their query.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/antoine-semenyo.1499531

Without being snide, in the Mackam's seemingly inexorable desire to hit rock bottom he'd be akin petrol on flames.

6 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

We really need to be getting him out on loan, undoubted potential but he is not getting minutes here any more. If LJ is not going to bring him on against Luton when 3 up he just isn't going to get any game time.

Yes, could not understand why LJ gave more game time to Rodri instead of Semenyo, given we were 3 up.

7 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

We really need to be getting him out on loan, undoubted potential but he is not getting minutes here any more. If LJ is not going to bring him on against Luton when 3 up he just isn't going to get any game time.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Yes, could not understand why LJ gave more game time to Rodri instead of Semenyo, given we were 3 up.

One could guess that he has a loan move lined up, and doesn't want to risk him getting an injury?

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

Yeah, he need to go out. But to Sunderland? They'll have higher expectations than we did at that level. Unless he hits the ground running there he might struggle with the pressure.

Semenyo simply not good enough for championship yet, his reading of the game is poor so often funded him self out of position with the game passing him by, he tends to get frustrated and start running after the ball all over the place meaning his not in the box enough, has found that streetwise defender are hard for him to beat, maybe better playing him on the wing where his pace could make a difference at the lower level, 

4 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Semenyo simply not good enough for championship yet, his reading of the game is poor so often funded him self out of position with the game passing him by, he tends to get frustrated and start running after the ball all over the place meaning his not in the box enough, has found that streetwise defender are hard for him to beat, maybe better playing him on the wing where his pace could make a difference at the lower level, 

He is a winger at this moment imo.

Surprisingly though he looked far better up top on his own briefly second half at home to Charton before being subbed.

He didn't seem so confused with where he had to run when on his own and looked decent imo. But in a 2 with Weimann he didn't look so comfortable. Still a lot to learn.

Archived