IGNORED

Fammy

BCFC Rich

Thought he was great today, first few touches were off but after that he was so good, hold up play is improving all the time. and you can see him getting onto Eliasson's wavelength. 

One thing that has struck me for a while now is how hard it is to be a big strong forward in this league. I have lost count of the number of soft fouls given against Fammy and the number of times he is completely man handled off the ball or climbed all over with nothing given. He has to really control his physicality to be able to even be allowed to compete for the ball. Despite this he is consistently solid and always a threat as well as occupying defenders and creating space for others. If we can get Afobe back and/or get a forward in that mold in then we can really vary the way we attack and make it really hard for opposition to counter us. 

Very good performance today. Still don't like the partnership with Weimann even if we scored 3 and they both scored.

They did link up better today though to be fair. But against Brentford i can't imagine 442 would work. We really need to match their numbers in midfield.

He was good today but let’s not get carried away. His contribution was in the link up play, but he didn’t look like scoring. He had a couple of headers - one off target when off side and one straight at the goalkeeper.  We need a clinical forward who can nick a goal in a tight match

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

He was good today but let’s not get carried away. His contribution was in the link up play, but he didn’t look like scoring. He had a couple of headers - one off target when off side and one straight at the goalkeeper.  We need a clinical forward who can nick a goal in a tight match

I think he puts himself about a lot more than he gets credit for

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

He always has been a handful for opposing defenders and today he carried on doing the same.

What let’s him down at times is his ball skills although recently he’s been more reliable in controlling the.ball and laying it off.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Judging by  your moniker I’d guess you could put yourself about a bit, but are you a clinical goal scorer? 

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Proven me wrong over the last few games.

He is now looking like a Championship centre forward and those Luton defenders today will not have enjoyed that game against him.

About time, but better late than never.

Sorry to be negative but if we are going to progress we need to seriously upgrade either in Jan or the summer.....decent player but not at the level if we are going to progress.

4 minutes ago, Lez said:

Sorry to be negative but if we are going to progress we need to seriously upgrade either in Jan or the summer.....decent player but not at the level if we are going to progress.

Completely agree, really poor free header with that a decent chance in the first half.

He will score a few goals but he will not score 20+ plus a season or provide the necessary quality to push on.

3 minutes ago, Jacky Boy said:

Completely agree, really poor free header with that a decent chance in the first half.

He will score a few goals but he will not score 20+ plus a season or provide the necessary quality to push on.

Was offside (not that it makes a difference)

He has good games and bad games, some times can hold the ball up, sometimes it bounces off him... barely wins many standing headers but awesome at defensive headers .. he will score a few ... but not enough and that shows by the lack of shots on target he has ... maybe 1 in every 3 games of late ? It’s just not enough,

he’s on his heels most of the time Doesn’t offer movement and stiffles creativity and plays deep with his back to goal ... he’ll be a good back up player to bring on, but we do need to upgrade if we wanna be serious... it showed with Afobe... 

but I certainly can’t knock his effort and passion for the our badge

46 minutes ago, Lez said:

I don't disagree at all.

Just giving some credit where it is due.

Problem with him and Weimann is they are both great workers but not goal scorers. Weimann dropped deep today quite a bit and I thought it brought the best out of both forwards. Right to mention the support they got today though. They weren’t as isolated as they have been. We need a striker in January and needs to be a natural goal scorer. Dream scenario is we are in playoff race come March/April and Afobe comes back into the fold and gets 3-4 games before playoffs to add to new striker Weimann and Fam. 

9 hours ago, italian dave said:

He was helped today by having teammates give him the support he needs but all to often lacks. Watkins, Nagy, Brownhill, Eliasson all worked hard to give him immediate options when he won the ball.

This was what really struck me. Fammy does a lot of his best work when he drops deep, pulls a defender or two out of position, competes for the ball and plays it on to team mates running on into the space he has created. The major difference between today and some of our other games was the number of players taking advantage of the space he was creating.

When he drops back and nobody is there running on - such as against Leeds at home and Brentford away - he just looks isolated and ineffective.

Mind you, what also impressed me at times today was how classy some of his touches were. He certainly was not doing that earlier in the season.

13 hours ago, GILLI said:

He has good games and bad games, some times can hold the ball up, sometimes it bounces off him... barely wins many standing headers but awesome at defensive headers .. he will score a few ... but not enough and that shows by the lack of shots on target he has ... maybe 1 in every 3 games of late ? It’s just not enough,

he’s on his heels most of the time Doesn’t offer movement and stiffles creativity and plays deep with his back to goal ... he’ll be a good back up player to bring on, but we do need to upgrade if we wanna be serious... it showed with Afobe... 

but I certainly can’t knock his effort and passion for the our badge

This is pretty much spot on.  The old cliche almost applies to Fam of "World Beater one week, panel beater the next"... but realistically you could substitute the word week for minute.  He could show a sublime piece of control and skill like he did in the middle of the park yesterday when he nutmegged their midfielder and broke away, but within a few minutes the ball will bounce 40 yards off his chest!

Theirs no doubting his effort and application, but he's not clinical enough or consistent enough to not be replaced.  If he was more clinical in front of goal he'd be on 15 goals this season by now.  

Very good performance in general yesterday though.

14 hours ago, italian dave said:

He was helped today by having teammates give him the support he needs but all to often lacks. Watkins, Nagy, Brownhill, Eliasson all worked hard to give him immediate options when he won the ball.

He did well at that yesterday...but is still so inconsistent for me.

His percentage pass completion is 63%...the worst in the team apart from Bentley the GK, who is 55%. That is woeful for an outfield player. Rest of team and in other teams in his position all in the 70/80% mark. Also has made no assists.

His movement is awful. Weimann and Watkins put him to shame yesterday, by getting across their men.

His movement and understanding where to move is poor at this level, his pass success rate is poor, his assists poor.

He wins a few headers...but the ball often ends up with the opposition. He'll get fouled or give away a foul.

He had one bright period yesterday in the first half, where he came deeper. And that was that.

As you can tell...I think he's not very good...and gets far too much credit. 

Seems a nice chap though  ?

7 hours ago, spudski said:

He did well at that yesterday...but is still so inconsistent for me.

His percentage pass completion is 63%...the worst in the team apart from Bentley the GK, who is 55%. That is woeful for an outfield player. Rest of team and in other teams in his position all in the 70/80% mark. Also has made no assists.

His movement is awful. Weimann and Watkins put him to shame yesterday, by getting across their men.

His movement and understanding where to move is poor at this level, his pass success rate is poor, his assists poor.

He wins a few headers...but the ball often ends up with the opposition. He'll get fouled or give away a foul.

He had one bright period yesterday in the first half, where he came deeper. And that was that.

As you can tell...I think he's not very good...and gets far too much credit. 

Seems a nice chap though  ?

Yep ... this is exactly how I see it too ... no wonder Palmer is lost when he plays 

Archived