IGNORED

LJ Post-Match

LondonBristolian

Only seen excerpts of the post match interview but two things stood out:

1) He was talking about the importance of team dynamics and the problems you get if one player is out of sync with the game plan. Is it reading too much to wonder if it is a dig at one or two of the players left out today?

2) He seems very confident we will sign one or two “quality” players during the transfer window.

We shall see...

16 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

1) He was talking about the importance of team dynamics and the problems you get if one player is out of sync with the game plan. Is it reading too much to wonder if it is a dig at one or two of the players left out today?

2) He seems very confident we will sign one or two “quality” players during the transfer window.

We shall see...

I’m hearing that at least 1 incoming transfer is to be a “significant” signing. 

All those idiots on here who said pre match we need 3strikers-oh did we have 3 scorers today who play up front. 

This forum had so many numpties. 

We are a point off top 6 - please come on here and suggest a better manager we could get than Lee. Please do. Please do. 

We all loved the Lee bounce and real Ashton love-in with our manager today - must make those stay-away numpties who post rubbish on the forum feel very insignificant and foolish. 

2 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

All those idiots on here who said pre match we need 3strikers-oh did we have 3 scorers today who play up front. 

We are a point off top 6 - please come on here and suggest a better manager we could get than Lee. Please do. Please do. 

We all loved the Lee bounce and real Ashton love-in with our manager today - must make those stay-away numpties who post rubbish on the forum feel very insignificant and foolish. 

I'm not fully in the LJ out camp, but to answer your question - Chris Hughton

Lets not forget Luton were terrible

2 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

For me we just need one quality striker to play alongside Fam with Weimann as back up. I wouldn’t go all in for another striker till the summer, Fam deserves a run alongside a more mobile striker who can benefit from his hold up play.

5 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

What a belter, we have just beat quite possibly the worst team I have seen at this level and your getting all moist about it!

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I've seen worse teams than luton tbf. I went to the away fixture and the only difference is that they scored first and had that confidence whilst ours was knocked. I thought being a physical side we coped really well. Luton kept going to the end! Good result and performance!

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

You say Chris Hughton like he’s announced that he’d love to be our manager. 
Ignore for a moment that we aren’t looking for a new manager - why on earth do you think he’d be interested anyway..?

This isn’t some computer game where you just get what you (might) want. 

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

What a belter, we have just beat quite possibly the worst team I have seen at this level and your getting all moist about it!

Why can’t you just enjoy a good win..?! 
We’ve beaten better teams than Luton this season. Do those results mean nothing now..?! 

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I've seen worse teams than luton tbf. I went to the away fixture and the only difference is that they scored first and had that confidence whilst ours was knocked. I thought being a physical side we coped really well. Luton kept going to the end! Good result and performance!

Though I agree largely, Luton are shocking on the road. 

Nonetheless a good win today. Hopefully will help with confidence and maybe see us start building steadily- with each result, confodence will grow, hopefully the performance level will rise over time.

Lot of good things about today but would still like to see us more dominant in possession. One step at a time though and this could be a useful first one...return of DaSilva very much helped too. 

Brentford will be a much sterner test.

20 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Why undermine your case with name calling? Otherwise you have a point in that only Leeds and West Brom have scored more goals than us.

We are short of options when it comes to strikers though, which is why we are said to want 2.

So you and those who disagree with you (which doesn't make them numpties) are both right.

A 1-1 draw then.

Well said Bar

I just find these whingers who cant celebrate a City win too laughable to take seriously 

Is it they dont go or they dont love City as our fans do? 

If someone thinks Hughton will come here then why not Klopp?!

Its like saying we should buy one two or three top strikers? What really? Really, like they off the conveyer belt for free? Really? 

The game i went to today was excellent, decent opposition, great attacking play and 3 strikers all scoring for City. Get in! 

32 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Someone's had a beer....

3 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Well said Bar

I just find these whingers who cant celebrate a City win too laughable to take seriously 

Is it they dont go or they dont love City as our fans do? 

If someone thinks Hughton will come here then why not Klopp?!

Its like saying we should buy one two or three top strikers? What really? Really, like they off the conveyer belt for free? Really? 

The game i went to today was excellent, decent opposition, great attacking play and 3 strikers all scoring for City. Get in! 

Haha.....

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why can’t you just enjoy a good win..?! 
We’ve beaten better teams than Luton this season. Do those results mean nothing now..?! 

We have pretty placid fans compared to many clubs yet the atmosphere is currently quite toxic with tit for tat posts between pro and anti Johnson elements. Nothing you can do about that I'm afraid. 

40 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

You’re the epitome of someone you don’t want on your side in an argument. 

A quick look at your posting history shows a very different view no less than 4 days ago. 

Please choose a side and stick with it otherwise you come across as a bit of a loon!

Just now, Natchfever said:

We have pretty placid fans compared to many clubs yet the atmosphere is currently quite toxic with tit for tat posts between pro and anti Johnson elements. Nothing you can do about that I'm afraid. 

The atmosphere isn’t toxic around the ground. It’s just the shit stirrers on here and social media. 

45 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Let's also not believe that a win over a poor Luton side makes up for the pathetic performances against Millwall, Blackburn, Wednesday and Charlton. Look at the table, we COULD have been closing in on 2nd without that dreadful series of games. 

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Let's also not believe that a win over a poor Luton side makes up for the pathetic performances against Millwall, Blackburn, Wednesday and Charlton. Look at the table, we COULD have been closing in on 2nd without that dreadful series of games. 

And here lies the issue, people think we got a god given right to beat these teams?! Millwall are just below us!! 

wake up and realise we are not a big team in this league and Top 6 would be a huge achievement not a certainty.

Just now, SODS_LAW said:

And here lies the issue, people think we got a god given right to beat these teams?! Millwall are just below us!! 

wake up and realise we are not a big team in this league and Top 6 would be a huge achievement not a certainty.

Hence the 'COULD' and not 'would'. You cannot disagree that we were crap in those 4 games (apart from 20 minutes against Charlton) surely? To use your phrase, 'here lies the issue'. I'm far too long in the tooth to expect to beat anyone but we couldn't have beaten an egg playing as we have been in those 4 games yet we know we can play a lot better.

Thanks for the lecture though. :)

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

We shall see...

Do you know what, both his pre-match and post-match interviews showed a bit of humility, a bit of “I may have got some things wrong”.  That goes a little way to getting people onside.

There was none of this - I coached that move all week and it came off - stuff today.

I'm not sure that a great deal divides the LJ sceptics from the LJ true-believers. Apart from those who delight in a bit of name calling.

We all want City to do well.

Some think LJ will deliver - and it's great to read their certainty - others see too little evidence to convince them...I'm in that category, and on reflection sometimes a little too enthusiastically so, when disappointment gets the better of me.

I can't speak for others but if LJ turns out to be the messiah I for one will be fully converted and heartily repent...

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you know what, both his pre-match and post-match interviews showed a bit of humility, a bit of “I may have got some things wrong”.  That goes a little way to getting people onside.

There was none of this - I coached that move all week and it came off - stuff today.

Well that’s nice to hear. Was said quote in the pre or post match? I’m quite sceptical you see!

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Give it a rest, like the ones that only post when we lose you seem to be the opposite, doesn't make you any better than the ones that moan consistently, when we lose which even you must admit tends to be in patches what is wrong with being a bit peed off, unless you're a saint it's human nature. 

58 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You say Chris Hughton like he’s announced that he’d love to be our manager. 
Ignore for a moment that we aren’t looking for a new manager - why on earth do you think he’d be interested anyway..?

This isn’t some computer game where you just get what you (might) want. 

The question was name a better manager - I said Chris Hughton.

not because I especially want him but surely you admit he has a much better track record than LJ at getting teams out of this division?
 Yes they had bigger budgets but he did ok in the prem on a very small comparative budget?

Archived