IGNORED

LJ Post-Match

LondonBristolian

42 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Well said Bar

I just find these whingers who cant celebrate a City win too laughable to take seriously 

Is it they dont go or they dont love City as our fans do? 

If someone thinks Hughton will come here then why not Klopp?!

Its like saying we should buy one two or three top strikers? What really? Really, like they off the conveyer belt for free? Really? 

The game i went to today was excellent, decent opposition, great attacking play and 3 strikers all scoring for City. Get in! 

You’re currently making @reddogkev look like @Andy082005

33 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You’re the epitome of someone you don’t want on your side in an argument. 

A quick look at your posting history shows a very different view no less than 4 days ago. 

Please choose a side and stick with it otherwise you come across as a bit of a loon!

@Hampshire Red my apologies, I take this back. It appears you’re one letter off being a different poster!

Just now, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Didn’t they draw with Fulham last game? Can only beat what’s in front of you, you’d be quick to get the abuse out if we lost today so why not give some credit.

If we had lost today, this place wouldn't have been good tonight that's for sure. 

47 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Well said Bar

I just find these whingers who cant celebrate a City win too laughable to take seriously 

Is it they dont go or they dont love City as our fans do? 

If someone thinks Hughton will come here then why not Klopp?!

Its like saying we should buy one two or three top strikers? What really? Really, like they off the conveyer belt for free? Really? 

The game i went to today was excellent, decent opposition, great attacking play and 3 strikers all scoring for City. Get in! 

Decent opposition? What game did you go to? Luton were awful, offered very very little unless we sat back and invited them on.  Let's face it, they were there for the taking.  They were not decent.

Great win though and needed.

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

Decent opposition? What game did you go to? Luton were awful, offered very very little unless we sat back and invited them on.  Let's face it, they were there for the taking.  They were not decent.

Great win though and needed.

Indeed Loco. On that performance, I fear for them at this level. 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

All those idiots on here who said pre match we need 3strikers-oh did we have 3 scorers today who play up front. 

This forum had so many numpties. 

We are a point off top 6 - please come on here and suggest a better manager we could get than Lee. Please do. Please do. 

We all loved the Lee bounce and real Ashton love-in with our manager today - must make those stay-away numpties who post rubbish on the forum feel very insignificant and foolish. 

The club in 13th place are only 3 points off the top 6.

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

All those idiots on here who said pre match we need 3strikers-oh did we have 3 scorers today who play up front. 

This forum had so many numpties. 

We are a point off top 6 - please come on here and suggest a better manager we could get than Lee. Please do. Please do. 

We all loved the Lee bounce and real Ashton love-in with our manager today - must make those stay-away numpties who post rubbish on the forum feel very insignificant and foolish. 

I think we need at least 2 strikers, as Rodri will likely be gone and Semenyo loaned out.

if we had lost today,we would be in 13th. if we hadn't lost all four of the last games,probably still in top 6. cant afford to get it wrong very often this season that's for sure.

really pleased we won today,can only boost confidence but will have to be right on it to get anything from the next match.

13 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

The club in 13th place are only 3 points off the top 6.

It's a massively close League. 

There isn't a lot between a lot of the sides. Don't think we're demonstratably better or demonstrably worse than many...is how the League seems to be this year! 

We're a top 6 contender, we're in the shakeup and we have a chance. Top 2? No. I never expected that this year though in any case.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I think we need at least 2 strikers, as Rodri will likely be gone and Semenyo loaned out.

I think one as Afobe could yet at least as per the last update as read on here, be available for the last 10-11.

Has to be a good quality one though...Adams, Vydra- or less likely but equally suitable McBurnie, McGoldrick- or of course Nketiah, yes one of these would be a strong loan addition.

5 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

if we had lost today,we would be in 13th. if we hadn't lost all four of the last games,probably still in top 6. cant afford to get it wrong very often this season that's for sure.

really pleased we won today,can only boost confidence but will have to be right on it to get anything from the next match.

If and buts of course - and all clubs could say similar - but if only we’d managed six points from that four game disaster-streak, we’d be sitting pretty in third, feeling very good about life and we wouldn’t be having conversations about Chris Hughton!

Really hope we can take today’s form into Brentford and put that run behind us once and for all.

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you know what, both his pre-match and post-match interviews showed a bit of humility, a bit of “I may have got some things wrong”.  That goes a little way to getting people onside.

There was none of this - I coached that move all week and it came off - stuff today.

Name one other professional manager who says ‘I may of got things wrong?’ 

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think one as Afobe could yet at least as per the last update as read on here, be available for the last 10-11.

Has to be a good quality one though...Adams, Vydra- or less likely but equally suitable McBurnie, McGoldrick- or of course Nketiah, yes one of these would be a strong loan addition.

I still think we need another option from the bench too. No guarantee Afobe will return, or be fit and in form when he does. Rodri seems unlikely to stay and Semenyo does not seem ready. Diedhiou was great today but I am worried we lack options in case of injury, suspension or things not working out. Our gamble first half of the season was only getting Afobe and we have paid the price at times.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Let's also not believe that a win over a poor Luton side makes up for the pathetic performances against Millwall, Blackburn, Wednesday and Charlton. Look at the table, we COULD have been closing in on 2nd without that dreadful series of games. 

The performance at Hiillsborough was dour but not pathetic and warranted a worthy point.

Just now, Malvern Red said:

The performance at Hiillsborough was dour but not pathetic and warranted a worthy point.

Each to their own Malvern. Yes, it did deserve a point but it wasn't to the standards we have previously set. I appreciate Wednesday are a good side but we were extremely cautious up there. Maybe we didn't need to be?

I don't know, I'm just a fan. I grouped that performance in with the Millwall, Blackburn and Charlton ones to be honest and they were dreadful, let's not kid ourselves they were anything but.

1 hour ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I'm not fully in the LJ out camp, but to answer your question - Chris Hughton

Lets not forget Luton were terrible

I still think we need to remember that no manager - however good on paper - is a guaranteed success. Chris Hughton is a very good manager and, if he wanted to come here, should be strongly considered if LJ does leave but there are no guarantees at all he would do a better job than LJ and he could very easily join Steve Coppell and SOD for us, Nigel Pearson at Derby, Neil Warnock at Leeds, Karanka at Forest and countless others across the Championship as great appointments on paper that prove to be the wrong appointment in reality.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would be great to get Adobe back. But if we only bring in one striker then we only have 3 if Rodri leaves and Semenyo is loaned out until he returns. And it may take time for him to get back to his best after such a bad injury.

Unless of course Watkins is seen as a striker. But then LJ doesn't seem to fancy him there.

11 minutes ago, Malvern Red said:

I thought it was awful, and I’m normally one trying to find positives.  It might as well have been attack v defence.  Dour it was not imho.  Yes, we defended well, but we were inept with the ball, the worst I’ve seen us this season.  Wednesday didn’t create many gilt-edged chances, but for many to say a shocking penalty decision cost us a point, although true in the black and white of football, it would’ve been a unanimous points victory for Wednesday without it.

My opinion only. ?

5 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

Oh, my. You didn't get your Hampshire Red's mixed, did you?

?

He did

Archived