IGNORED

LJ Post-Match

LondonBristolian

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

We have pretty placid fans compared to many clubs yet the atmosphere is currently quite toxic with tit for tat posts between pro and anti Johnson elements. Nothing you can do about that I'm afraid. 

Was ever thus 

As one of the firmly LJ-out brigade I'm obviously happy City won today - enjoyed today as much as everyone else, and admittedly partook in one too many pints which I will likely regret at work tomorrow. You can only beat whats in front of you, as they say. 

I think what other City fans (I really wish I wasn't using those terms) are mistaking is that, the "brigade" who want LJ out, such as myself (I don't consider myself anti-LJ, just pro-progression, but the labels have been hinted at already within this thread) , will not bemoan and boo the team and wish us failure, as they seem to wish we did. Its not a bashing contest, we support the same cause.

Myself and others support the team that wears the shirt. Period.

My view is simply that we do not have an 'identity' or style to our play. We have one gameplan and when that doesn't work we flop harder than James Cordon belly first into a paddling pool. Which if stuck to, could cause us to stagnate. 

If I see that improve I have no issue with LJ remaining manager, and we'll be all the better for it, as I'm sure thats the same reservation most who wanted him gone after the last 4 fixtures will have had. 

Now the hope is to see if we can carry the confidence gained into Brentford. That's the real character test - keeping the confidence. 

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I’m hearing that at least 1 incoming transfer is to be a “significant” signing. 

Any idea if we have something lined up as the window opens? Or will it be the classic ‘we have to wait for our place in the queue’  type situation where we pick someone up on the last week of the window once others make their moves?

7 hours ago, Fuber said:

As one of the firmly LJ-out brigade I'm obviously happy City won today - enjoyed today as much as everyone else, and admittedly partook in one too many pints which I will likely regret at work tomorrow. You can only beat whats in front of you, as they say. 

I think what other City fans (I really wish I wasn't using those terms) are mistaking is that, the "brigade" who want LJ out, such as myself (I don't consider myself anti-LJ, just pro-progression, but the labels have been hinted at already within this thread) , will not bemoan and boo the team and wish us failure, as they seem to wish we did. Its not a bashing contest, we support the same cause.

My view is simply that we do not have an 'identity' or style to our play. We have one gameplan and when that doesn't work we flop harder than James Cordon belly first into a paddling pool. Which if stuck to, could cause us to stagnate. 

If I see that improve I have no issue with LJ remaining manager, and we'll be all the better for it, as I'm sure thats the same reservation most who wanted him gone after the last 4 fixtures will have had. 

Now the hope is to see if we can carry the confidence gained into Brentford. That's the real character test - keeping the confidence. 

Well said, enjoyed the win but still firmly in the LJ out camp. Don't believe he will achieve the top 6 finish the clubs investment deserves. At least we might have seen the last of him picking COD in cm which has been a factor in poor performances. 

12 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I was always taught not to ask a question I already know the answer to. 

Just to alleviate any confusion though, it’s the other one you’re best mates with though isn’t it?

Yeah, I was on the verge of agreeing with him for the first time

Then my Hampshire Red radar went off

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Dour it was not imho.  Yes, we defended well, but we were inept with the ball, the worst I’ve seen us this season. 

Fair challenge. You’re the stats man but I sense lack of ball retention will cost us a playoff place and I fear a masterclass in this discipline when Brentford visit next.

15 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

All those idiots on here who said pre match we need 3strikers-oh did we have 3 scorers today who play up front. 

Yeah, idiots all when one considers our first scorer hit the net for the first time in 15 months, our second scored an ill-deserved pen otherwise threatened the net not once and again squandered his best chance for lack of movement and application. Our third scorer, his second neat finish in a week, averages 5-6 goals per season and saw his other shot nearly hit the corner flag.

Lets shut those idiots up as and when we play a very poor side at home once in a blue moon.

4 minutes ago, Malvern Red said:

Fair challenge. You’re the stats man but I sense lack of ball retention will cost us a playoff place and I fear a masterclass in this discipline when Brentford visit next.

At Wednesday apart from playing it across the back line we didn’t retain the ball at all.  

I don’t think we set up to play like that, we were just poor, and it was convenient to say we came for a 0-0 and were denied by the ref.

I think you are right. We do need to retain the ball better. 

12 hours ago, Fuber said:

I agree with everything in this quote.

2 hours ago, Malvern Red said:

Fwiw, our possession stats this season from what I've seen, are on average under 50%.

Granted, possession isn't the be all and end all, but even with yesterday an improvement, I still think we need to be better at controlling the ball, and retaining it. For want of a better phrase, taking care of the ball. 

Archived