IGNORED

Weimann - last two goals were Premiership quality

southvillekiddy

I think he’s underrated by many on the forum. If he gets the correct service he can score. He’s never going to be prolific but, paired with the right forward  partner, he will contribute a lot to the team. 

When he came to us it was clear that he wanted to play in his preferred position up front. If I remember correctly Derby fans were saying when he signed for us that he had been mainly used as a wide player where he was OK but not great. 

Most of the goals he's scored for is have come as part of a front two or with him up top on his own. 

While agree with the points that he's never going to be prolific he is definitely not as useful out wide as part of a front three or as a three behind one lone striker as he is as part of a front two. 

The right peg in the right hole. 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I think he’s underrated by many on the forum. If he gets the correct service he can score. He’s never going to be prolific but, paired with the right forward  partner, he will contribute a lot to the team. 

Indeed hence why it was such a big loss to lose Afobe early doors. 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

He’s probably under rated by me to be honest. For my sins I really struggle to rate the bloke as much as many on here. 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Every player has his critics, even Weimann but he was great today, good runs, fabulous finish and he must be so tempted to enter this forum with facts to argue against his critics. At least those who watch him know the positive contribution he makes - top player. 

Wtf does that mean - complete tosh 

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Everytime people start to doubt his place in this side, he comes up with performances and goals that show why he is the first name on the teamsheet.

image.png.f9707490d5ad5f22a155b0169ecb8881.png

Not sure I get your point.

Just because he’s our top gol scorer does not warrant a starting place.

He should of scored more goals and has missed a fair few opportunities.

1 in 3 is okay. 

4 minutes ago, Bristol_Badger said:

It’s about time to be fair as he’s been Tosh the 4 games prior to Charlton.

He’s a decent Champ player but if we are looking to get promoted then either him or Fam will need to make way for someone with a bit more quality.

Even if we domt go up I assume we will be looking to offload fam in the summer.

I can see why people might rate him because he buzzes about and gives 100% (which is a phrase i hate because that is the minimum i expect). I think his footballing brain is far far better than his ability. If he had the skill to finish or give the final ball from the positions his very intelligent runs get him into alot of the time he would still be a Premier League player. He plays for us because he lacks that quality in my opinion

58 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I can see why people might rate him because he buzzes about and gives 100% (which is a phrase i hate because that is the minimum i expect). I think his footballing brain is far far better than his ability. If he had the skill to finish or give the final ball from the positions his very intelligent runs get him into alot of the time he would still be a Premier League player. He plays for us because he lacks that quality in my opinion

Yeah, you could label that at lots of players, but normally the other way around, e.g. if he had a footballing brain, he’d be in the Prem.  I get what you’re saying with Weimann.  His movement is on a different level.  His movement isn’t just for himself, it’s to create space for other.  Sometimes his feet and brain aren’t linked up.

I still see him as one of our better players, and one who’ll be even better if we had better players.  Again, he looked a better player again with Afobe alongside him who made complimentary runs.

He’s on target to get 15+ goals for us.  He’s not playing a role to be our fox in the box, so I’d say it’s pretty impressive he’s got 9 already, plus his general contribution to his play.

Not everyone is gonna get him, but I really rate him.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, you could label that at lots of players, but normally the other way around, e.g. if he had a footballing brain, he’d be in the Prem.  I get what you’re saying with Weimann.  His movement is on a different level.  His movement isn’t just for himself, it’s to create space for other.  Sometimes his feet and brain aren’t linked up.

I still see him as one of our better players, and one who’ll be even better if we had better players.  Again, he looked a better player again with Afobe alongside him who made complimentary runs.

He’s on target to get 15+ goals for us.  He’s not playing a role to be our fox in the box, so I’d say it’s pretty impressive he’s got 9 already, plus his general contribution to his play.

Not everyone is gonna get him, but I really rate him.

I am probably a bit harsh on him. He in one of our better players not one of our better footballers. I think he is crucial to how we play but is not the bobby reid replacement everyone thought he would be. But if he was then he would be gone by now.

Weimann makes so many good runs that aren’t picked out by our players. He is definitely a player who would achieve even more with players on his wavelength. He really wanted that 3rd goal today and the flick finish was absolute class.

I will admit he hasn’t always got the best shooting boots but should we get promoted with this group of players, he is one of the few who would cut it at Premiership level, as long as he received the right kind of service. He is also probably the fittest player we have. Around where I sit we call him “Duracell bunny” because he never stops running.

5 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Weimann makes so many good runs that aren’t picked out by our players. He is definitely a player who would achieve even more with players on his wavelength. He really wanted that 3rd goal today and the flick finish was absolute class.

I will admit he hasn’t always got the best shooting boots but should we get promoted with this group of players, he is one of the few who would cut it at Premiership level, as long as he received the right kind of service. He is also probably the fittest player we have. Around where I sit we call him “Duracell bunny” because he never stops running.

Weimann hasn’t played Premier League football since 2015 and there is a reason for that. If we get promoted whilst he is still with us and he is in our 1st team then something has gone seriously wrong. 

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

Weimann hasn’t played Premier League football since 2015 and there is a reason for that. If we get promoted whilst he is still with us and he is in our 1st team then something has gone seriously wrong. 

There are a number of players shining in the Premier League this season who were in the Championship last season. No reason why Weimann could not play at that level again in the right formation.

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

There are a number of players shining in the Premier League this season who were in the Championship last season. No reason why Weimann could not play at that level again in the right formation.

Massive step up, I have to watch the Saints (reluctantly) more than my beloved City these days due to location and my Son's love of the Saints.

Che Adams bagged over 20 goals last year in the championship and has barely had a shot on target.

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Weimann

The bloke is excellent. We got a bargain. Anyone that thinks he’s not among five players that could easily play in the Premier League in the right side is not a very good judge of a football player.

So since 2015 every manager/scout/whoever buys players in the premier league is ‘not a very good judge of a football player’?

1 minute ago, Jacky Boy said:

Massive step up, I have to watch the Saints (reluctantly) more than my beloved City these days due to location and my Son's love of the Saints.

Che Adams bagged over 20 goals last year in the championship and has barely had a shot on target.

Che Adams has been unlucky not to get many starts for Southampton. it doesn’t help that Ings has been fsntastic for them, while I have no idea why Hassenhutl picks Shane Long ahead of Adams. Long couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo. Weimann is definitely a better player than Long, although that’s a pretty low bar! 

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

Che Adams has been unlucky not to get many starts for Southampton. it doesn’t help that Ings has been fsntastic for them, while I have no idea why Hassenhutl picks Shane Long ahead of Adams. Long couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo. Weimann is definitely a better player than Long, although that’s a pretty low bar!

Can't disagree that Weimann would-be an improvement on Long, unfortunately neither are Prem Quality in my opinion.

Stand out players are JD, Massengo, Eliasson and a fully fit Nagy.

19 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

So since 2015 every manager/scout/whoever buys players in the premier league is ‘not a very good judge of a football player’?

Yes earlier today you told me that the men in white coats would come and get me because I thought pre match we should have been playing Watkins in a light weight midfield! So I can tell you're not a judge of a player or a team! 

I said in the right team, he’s an excellent player and we are lucky to have him...We are. To what extent Enquiries have been made for Weimann from other clubs you will have to ask LJ or MA, but being as we only have two forwards and Weimann is top scorer, who knows if we would sell, clearly you are ITK on that one and that hasn’t happened? Care to elucidate what else you know?

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes earlier today you told me that the men in white coats would come and get me because I thought pre match we should have been playing Watkins in a light weight midfield! So I can tell you're not a judge of a player or a team! 

I said in the right team, he’s an excellent player and we are lucky to have him...We are. To what extent Enquiries have been made for Weimann from other clubs you will have to ask LJ or MA, but being as we only have two forwards and Weimann is top scorer, who knows if we would sell, clearly you are ITK on that one and that hasn’t happened? Care to elucidate? 

Hindsight is a bloody wonderful thing. Clearly not in the know just trying to have a bit of debate about a City player. This is all just opinion based and i apologise if i have hit a nerve

Archived