IGNORED

Luton

Lez

Just now, JBFC II said:

Yep they weren’t great. 

Makes the fact we won so comfortably even better, considering how we’ve struggled against poor sides at home so regularly 

To be other teams have a real defensive shape which is hard to break down and then smash you on the break.....they had nothing.

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

So...how in the hell did they beat us 3-0 earlier this season?

I'm talking about their performance today.

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Or we made them look awful . I think they have hit a bit of a wall after Fulham.

This division pardons nobody. 

If you are not 100% on it you lose , it is as simple as that .

Their away record suggests it's a big problem for them.

Any side struggles on coming up to this league, we did. They were poor to be fair but the step up must be fairly large now. I think it says more about L1 than it does the Championship as not many seem to survive up here.

Their Chairman has been moaning about financial disadvantage on promotion and asking for a wage cap. Never going to happen. Welcome to the Championship Hatters, it gets even worse with the Parachute payment clubs.

To be fair, we sat back and gave them a few spells of dominance,  but they were definitely the warmest opponent faced at Ashton Gate. Huddersfield put in a good 2nd half against us at least.

Shame we only got 3 points out of Luton this season and 1 point out of Charlton!

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

To be fair, we sat back and gave them a few spells of dominance,  but they were definitely the warmest opponent faced at Ashton Gate. Huddersfield put in a good 2nd half against us at least.

Shame we only got 3 points out of Luton this season and 1 point out of Charlton!

Pretty sure we got three points out of Charlton as well!

33 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Normally when you play someone as awful as Luton were today you can usually pick out one or two of theirs who looked half decent - not today, they were all terrible.

Their no 17 looked decent in the first half, but much more quiet in the second half. Harry Connick (14) was a bit of a handful up front, but never looked like scoring. If he added Jr to his name, perhaps he might go for a song! (I’ll get my coat....)

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Their no 17 looked decent in the first half, but much more quiet in the second half. Harry Connick (14) was a bit of a handful up front, but never looked like scoring. If he added Jr to his name, perhaps he might go for a song! (I’ll get my coat....)

“.....it had to be you, it had to be you....” ?

Bree at RB, was awful....no surprise he didn’t come out for second half.

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

“.....it had to be you, it had to be you....” ?

Bree at RB, was awful....no surprise he didn’t come out for second half.

No but the replacement RB was “old school”. It only took 30 seconds of the 2nd half before he hacked Eliasson to the ground and left his calling card. Fortunately Niclas was too good for him as well.

Archived