IGNORED

Jay Dasilva

RightUpInCider

Jay seems to have come back like he has never been away, fully fit and match sharp which is fantastic for us. By contrast I don't think Korey is anywhere near being the same yet, and maybe Kalas is just starting to find his feet again.

Wasn't able to make the game today due to family commitments but I am glad to hear this. I was beginning to think my memory was playing tricks on me when I saw a couple of posts on the threads over the past couple of months, claiming he wasn't all that, couldn't defend, couldn't cross a ball, etc etc. Because I remember a player who was in the mould of some of our very best left backs and that is a high compliment.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Wasn't able to make the game today due to family commitments but I am glad to hear this. I was beginning to think my memory was playing tricks on me when I saw a couple of posts on the threads over the past couple of months, claiming he wasn't all that, couldn't defend, couldn't cross a ball, etc etc. Because I remember a player who was in the mould of some of our very best left backs and that is a high compliment.

I think Rowe did such a good job in the early months that Jay’s quality was being forgotten.  He showed how good he can be...and is still getting up to speed.

But well done Tommy Rowe in his absence.

Looks far more assured offensively and defensively than Rowe. His defending is underrated because of his size and maybe looking like he shouldn't be able to defend. But he certainly can. He wouldn't have kept Kelly out if he was just good on the ball.

And I assume he is not even close to match fitness so he will only get better. Gives us balance now on either side as we attacked both wings fairly equally I thought.

Just now, Davefevs said:

I think Rowe did such a good job in the early months that Jay’s quality was being forgotten.  He showed how good he can be...and is still getting up to speed.

But well done Tommy Rowe in his absence.

Agreed, I think Rowe is handy to have around as a utility player at this level. I think he would have been the first name on the bench if Dasilva had been fit this season, and I mean that in a positive way. He can provide cover for a few positions and allow for a tactical change of formation.

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

It's been so long that I've forgotten what Tommy Rowe's main position is? I know he was brought in as a utility player but what's his preferred role?

He's done a fine job filling in at LB / LWB and every possible kudos to him. 

Isn't he an industrious centre midfielder?

8 minutes ago, SinéadB said:

No he won't - Josh Dasilva is no relation to Jay. Jay does have a brother (Cole) who plays for Brentford B but hasn't been called up to the first team yet.

He has two twin brothers - Cole and Rio.

Cole is capped for Wales u21.

All three went to Chelsea from Luton aged 12 and 13.

Looks like we may have got the best one..

Archived