Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

RightUpInCider

Jay Dasilva

Jay seems to have come back like he has never been away, fully fit and match sharp which is fantastic for us. By contrast I don't think Korey is anywhere near being the same yet, and maybe Kalas is just starting to find his feet again.

Was always the most exciting of the three Chelsea boys for me. We definitely look more balanced with him... which isn’t surprising given that he’s playing his preferred position!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Jay and Niclas just seem to click and be totally on each other`s wavelength. It was a joy to watch them today - Luton didn`t have a clue how to deal with them.

Indeed. First half both of them linked up superbly.

• Like 1

Wasn't able to make the game today due to family commitments but I am glad to hear this. I was beginning to think my memory was playing tricks on me when I saw a couple of posts on the threads over the past couple of months, claiming he wasn't all that, couldn't defend, couldn't cross a ball, etc etc. Because I remember a player who was in the mould of some of our very best left backs and that is a high compliment.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Wasn't able to make the game today due to family commitments but I am glad to hear this. I was beginning to think my memory was playing tricks on me when I saw a couple of posts on the threads over the past couple of months, claiming he wasn't all that, couldn't defend, couldn't cross a ball, etc etc. Because I remember a player who was in the mould of some of our very best left backs and that is a high compliment.

I think Rowe did such a good job in the early months that Jay’s quality was being forgotten.  He showed how good he can be...and is still getting up to speed.

But well done Tommy Rowe in his absence.

• Like 13

Looks far more assured offensively and defensively than Rowe. His defending is underrated because of his size and maybe looking like he shouldn't be able to defend. But he certainly can. He wouldn't have kept Kelly out if he was just good on the ball.

And I assume he is not even close to match fitness so he will only get better. Gives us balance now on either side as we attacked both wings fairly equally I thought.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Perfect timing, another 60-70 v Brentford then 10 day rest until Wigan (he can have a rest v Shrewsbury).

Agreed, giving Rowe the spot against Shrews keeps him involved, the least he deserves for doing a half season “job”.

Just now, Davefevs said:

I think Rowe did such a good job in the early months that Jay’s quality was being forgotten.  He showed how good he can be...and is still getting up to speed.

But well done Tommy Rowe in his absence.

Agreed, I think Rowe is handy to have around as a utility player at this level. I think he would have been the first name on the bench if Dasilva had been fit this season, and I mean that in a positive way. He can provide cover for a few positions and allow for a tactical change of formation.

• Like 2

It's been so long that I've forgotten what Tommy Rowe's main position is? I know he was brought in as a utility player but what's his preferred role?

He's done a fine job filling in at LB / LWB and every possible kudos to him. 

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

It's been so long that I've forgotten what Tommy Rowe's main position is? I know he was brought in as a utility player but what's his preferred role?

He's done a fine job filling in at LB / LWB and every possible kudos to him. 

Isn't he an industrious centre midfielder?

Tommy Rowe has done brilliantly and could probably do with a rest now anyway! The other bonus is that we will now have a CM on the bench with a bit of an edge and who is a class A shithouser should such a thing be needed.

• Like 1

He was a breath of fresh air.

Other long-term injured players have been slowly getting up-to-speed and edging their way back into the side. JD looks like he has never been away.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Will be up against his brother in the next game

No he won't - Josh Dasilva is no relation to Jay. Jay does have a brother (Cole) who plays for Brentford B but hasn't been called up to the first team yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SinéadB said:

No he won't - Josh Dasilva is no relation to Jay. Jay does have a brother (Cole) who plays for Brentford B but hasn't been called up to the first team yet.

He has two twin brothers - Cole and Rio.

Cole is capped for Wales u21.

All three went to Chelsea from Luton aged 12 and 13.

Looks like we may have got the best one..

42 minutes ago, SinéadB said:

Always thought it was his brother 

He was excellent when he came on at Charlton at HT along with NE changed the game just unfortunately we couldn't do the basics after going 1.2 up..... And 100% a steal... I'm hearing we could also be having his m8 from Chelsea fingerscrossed and I can only presume that's cover for Baker or Williams?? That would be nice to bag Eddie and him in January.

23 hours ago, RedM said:

Jay seems to have come back like he has never been away, fully fit and match sharp which is fantastic for us. By contrast I don't think Korey is anywhere near being the same yet, and maybe Kalas is just starting to find his feet again.

Hate to say it and hope I’m wrong, but. The squad has evolved a lot over the last year and perhaps korey has been left behind a bit. 
As for Jay, great to have him back, quality player. 

• Like 2

If not the best, one of the best left backs in the league imo. So comfortable on the ball & has so much belief in his own ability. Is only going to get better as well. Probably the best signing of the summer, especially taking into account the price. COYR 

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Tommy Rowe has done brilliantly and could probably do with a rest now anyway! The other bonus is that we will now have a CM on the bench with a bit of an edge and who is a class A shithouser should such a thing be needed.

Wonder if he could slot into a midfield 3. 

As you say, bit of edge, shithouser- experience to add to that too..yet not bad technically.

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

He was excellent when he came on at Charlton at HT along with NE changed the game just unfortunately we couldn't do the basics after going 1.2 up..... And 100% a steal... I'm hearing we could also be having his m8 from Chelsea fingerscrossed and I can only presume that's cover for Baker or Williams?? That would be nice to bag Eddie and him in January.

Is that Marc Guehi? He looks quality.

He is tiny mind. During the warm up with the defence the other day the height difference is huge compared to Kalas etc. Anyone know what his height actually is? It doesn’t effect his play - just a bit unusual

cracking player though !

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He is tiny mind. During the warm up with the defence the other day the height difference is huge compared to Kalas etc. Anyone know what his height actually is? It doesn’t effect his play - just a bit unusual

cracking player though !

When the players went off after warming up yesterday he walked off talking to Ash W. He looked like he only came up to his waist!

10 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

cracking player though !

5 foot 7 apparently

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Is that Marc Guehi? He looks quality.

Yes it is.... I have some good friends at Chelsea youth level and they've not been wrong with Tammy, Kalas or Jay so far which I've previously posted but all say we took a gamble with KP due to attitude and his overall application and that is already started to show and not sure he'll play against Brentford.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

Yes it is.... I have some good friends at Chelsea youth level and they've not been wrong with Tammy, Kalas or Jay so far which I've previously posted but all say we took a gamble with KP due to attitude and his overall application and that is already started to show and not sure he'll play against Brentford.

Interesting what LJs plans will be if we get him. I can't see him not getting in the side. Do we go back to 3 at the back I wonder. 

10 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

cracking player though !

I remember his debut , he looked so small I was worried that he wouldn’t cut it .

But as no woman ever said to me ‘ size isn’t important ‘ .

Top player .