IGNORED

Section 82

And Its Smith

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Can anyone who sits there help me? Why do fans choose to be in that area and then not sing? 

Seems a weird thing to do to me. Would have thought if one wanted to sing they would do for majority of game. Very quiet today 

Please help me. Why do people assume that everyone wants to (or must) sing at a football match ?

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Can anyone who sits there help me? Why do fans choose to be in that area and then not sing? 

Seems a weird thing to do to me. Would have thought if one wanted to sing they would do for majority of game. Very quiet today 

Far too many who want to in amongst it but do not want to create it. 

Kudos to cider head, north Street etc who were vital in getting the east end reopened, I was in the second wave thanks to them. Loud hailers, drums beaten with trainers, threshing machines. It was good while it lasted. It is now back to how it was before

Me and my lad go in there , always singing, although not many seem to , used to be stickers for sale readily , lots of flags and twopoles , for big games even a display .

ive tried to do my bit buying stickers , scarves, t shirts , the annual online fundraiser 

however I suppose you can’t make people sing , or come into section82 for cheaper tickets. Or force people out of the concourse after half time ! 

I appreciate the lads efforts thus far , but it’s no wall of red like I imagined when I stated going in there , sadly for my lad who loves it in there I might switch stands so I can get a good view of the game ! 

The club have made it difficult for them and it now looks like the club have got what they’ve wanted all along , our season ticket money months in advance and passive fans who just sit there 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It’s not a sining section, it’s a standing section. City can’t call it a standing section because standing isn’t allowed. People go there because they want to stand. 

People should ‘sit’ in my row of the Dolman then. I swear i spend more time on my feet getting up for people to come and go from the concourse. 

my god i must be getting old.

1 minute ago, kivsy said:

Me and my lad go in there , always singing, although not many seem to , used to be stickers for sale readily , lots of flags and twopoles , for big games even a display .

ive tried to do my bit buying stickers , scarves, t shirts , the annual online fundraiser 

however I suppose you can’t make people sing , or come into section82 for cheaper tickets. Or force people out of the concourse after half time ! 

I appreciate the lads efforts thus far , but it’s no wall of red like I imagined when I stated going in there , sadly for my lad who loves it in there I might switch stands so I can get a good view of the game ! 

The club have made it difficult for them and it now looks like the club have got what they’ve wanted all along , our season ticket money months in advance and passive fans who just sit there 

I really like the idea of it and i thought when it 1st started it was perfect. A section for atmosphere to be generated but it’s slowly stagnated (thats not a dig at anyone who sits/stands there). I would not go in there because i go to football to watch the game look at the tactics (yes i am that boring). The atmosphere is a good addition to that which i get involved in when it takes me. 

The problem with the singing/standing section is that there are to many young kiddies in there who are more interested in their phones instead of singing. I see it every game I’m in the singing section and 99% of them spend the whole game on social media. I’m talking about teenagers by the way, what happened to going to football and singing with your mates instead of standing next to each other snap chatting ?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Not meaning to sound disrespectful at all with this comment but was the smartphone about when you were that age? 

Yeah very much so I’m 25 myself and keep my smart phone firmly in the pocket until half time my younger brother who is 15 is able to do it as well.

1 minute ago, Red94 said:

Yeah very much so I’m 25 myself and keep my smart phone firmly in the pocket until half time my younger brother who is 15 is able to do it as well.

Crikey you and your brother are a rare breed. I get my phone out to check scores (mainly my bets) now and again but am not glued to it.

The booing when people don't bounce around is very tongue in cheek, I wouldn't take it to heart. Actually thought the atmosphere wasn't to bad today, winning does help of course. It could be so much better though, shame only about 20% of the people in there regularly try to sing.

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

Crikey you and your brother are a rare breed. I get my phone out to check scores (mainly my bets) now and again but am not glued to it.

Admittedly I use my smart phone a lot outside of football but we both just love to create an atmosphere and sing that’s the real reason we go to watch city really. Completely understand people checking their phones for a bet or something but some people spend the full 90 on social media it makes no sense to me especially being in the ‘section’ that should be creating an atmosphere.

1 minute ago, Red94 said:

Admittedly I use my smart phone a lot outside of football but we both just love to create an atmosphere and sing that’s the real reason we go to watch city really. Completely understand people checking their phones for a bet or something but some people spend the full 90 on social media it makes no sense to me especially being in the ‘section’ that should be creating an atmosphere.

You seem like the type that the singing/standing section was made for

Archived