IGNORED

Section 82

And Its Smith

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

I'm sure every policeman agrees with you and would much rather be catching sex offenders and rapist's rather than old men with no teeth wearing stone Island gear.

What's wrong with Stone Island Gear ? You taking the Mick buddy ? You want some? Some of what what I'm not sure but gives me some street cred to use on here. Is Stone Island like Barry Island ?

On 29/12/2019 at 21:38, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Far too many who want to in amongst it but do not want to create it. 

Kudos to cider head, north Street etc who were vital in getting the east end reopened, I was in the second wave thanks to them. Loud hailers, drums beaten with trainers, threshing machines. It was good while it lasted. It is now back to how it was before

Heads getting scrambled now but, I think/remember when less than 100 went back in there of which I was one v Notts County? was it 5-0? prob wrong but no doubt someone will know; anyway certainly some atmosphere later on when more came back in;

Also remember The Subbers, "Santas gonna get you" in The Williams and yellow marigolds etc; now didnt they move/go off into the Williams near EE, cant remember if it was before/after or while City fans were back in the EE;

Anyway all gone now never be 1967/8 again..........now what day is it ?:dunno:

Hi @JulieH

Am wondering on this point.

As me and @Phileas Fogghave discussed periodically, other clubs seem to be able to have home and away fans in the same stand, with only a line to a few lines of stewards and where necessary bolstered by police and SIA- perhaps I'm even overstating the lines of segregation in terms of few lines but anyway it's something in that range!

Do you have a view on why this seems not to be possible at City- purely club led or?

Whilst on the subject, has anyone else noticed that none of the stewrds display SIA badges?

'Open you coat' on the way in the frequently bellowed by someone - which could be anyone - who just happens to have a day glow jacket.

I thought there was a requirement for badges to be on display.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hi @JulieH

Am wondering on this point.

As me and @Phileas Fogghave discussed periodically, other clubs seem to be able to have home and away fans in the same stand, with only a line to a few lines of stewards and where necessary bolstered by police and SIA- perhaps I'm even overstating the lines of segregation in terms of few lines but anyway it's something in that range!

Do you have a view on why this seems not to be possible at City- purely club led or?

Not a policing decision, ultimately it is for the club to decide and we provide observations either way .

On 29/12/2019 at 21:13, RedDave said:

Can anyone who sits there help me? Why do fans choose to be in that area and then not sing? 

Seems a weird thing to do to me. Would have thought if one wanted to sing they would do for majority of game. Very quiet today 

Probably a decent view for selfies and filming with a smartphone. 

14 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Not a policing decision, ultimately it is for the club to decide and we provide observations either way .

And what have those observations been please? Also is atmosphere (or the lack of it) ever discussed at SAG meetings or is just not of any concern?  Thanks. 

Some angry blokes - well, kiddie blokes - in there yesterday, mind. Bitter, angry, twisted; dead, soulless eyes. Foaming mouths. Attacking and berating their own players/team. 

What joy and happiness abounds, what lightness of being, what perspective and ability to put things into context, when things go pear-shaped at AG.

Happy New Year. 

2 hours ago, kivsy said:

Sadly the club don’t want any kind of atmosphere, then if you do try and move it will piss off the people currently there . 
section82 is no longer I’m afraid. , next season I will look to move seats. I sing every game if if people around me aren’t.  

I went to see City vs QPR at Loftus Rd a couple of seasons back. There was a lad in front of me trying to get some singing going. Regrettably he sounded like a Hippo being castrated without anaesthetic.

I thought the atmosphere was quite good in there yesterday, considering the disaster unfolding in front of us.

I was thinking of why I like going in section 24 of the ground and it’s not just about singing.

I like shouting, I occasionally swear, I certainly love standing and can’t imagine having to sit for an hour and half.

I think people who don’t stand in there, think it’s something it isn’t. 

Its an area where I can be relaxed with like minded others without offending other people.

6 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I thought the atmosphere was quite good in there yesterday, considering the disaster unfolding in front of us.

I was thinking of why I like going in section 24 of the ground and it’s not just about singing.

I like shouting, I occasionally swear, I certainly love standing and can’t imagine having to sit for an hour and half.

I think people who don’t stand in there, think it’s something it isn’t. 

Its an area where I can be relaxed with like minded others without offending other people.

Do you genuinely feel the atmosphere in there was good yesterday? As in, objectively, seriously and honestly? A good atmosphere?

6 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Do you genuinely feel the atmosphere in there was good yesterday? As in, objectively, seriously and honestly? A good atmosphere?

Objectively yes, I do.

Was it Forest at home in 89 or Rovers at home in 96, or a host of others, no.

Is football ever going to be that again? No.

It can’t be. In order to curb hooliganism you had to neuter the tribalism and partisan atmosphere, the two were always linked.

Considering we were watching a house fire yesterday, I thought it was on the whole supportive and people tried to keep spirits up. I can only comment on the area where I stand so in other parts of the ground it may have been worse. 

20 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Objectively yes, I do.

Was it Forest at home in 89 or Rovers at home in 96, or a host of others, no.

Is football ever going to be that again? No.

It can’t be. In order to curb hooliganism you had to neuter the tribalism and partisan atmosphere, the two were always linked.

Considering we were watching a house fire yesterday, I thought it was on the whole supportive and people tried to keep spirits up. I can only comment on the area where I stand so in other parts of the ground it may have been worse. 

It was quite possibly the worst atmosphere since the stadium rebuild. At times worse than a pre season friendly.

5 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

It was quite possibly the worst atmosphere since the stadium rebuild. At times worse than a pre season friendly.

I understand your frustrations with it all, I genuinely share the same feelings.

it wasn’t the worst atmosphere since the rebuild and, as you probably know, not the worst atmosphere down the gate.

it wasn’t in the ‘top 10’ either.

Things’ll get better?

8 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I understand your frustrations with it all, I genuinely share the same feelings.

it wasn’t the worst atmosphere since the rebuild and, as you probably know, not the worst atmosphere down the gate.

it wasn’t in the ‘top 10’ either.

Things’ll get better?

It was shocking. Absolutely terrible. Your defence of it is Johnsonesque.

The pre match music before the game starts is doing my head in. Me and my mates have given up trying to start anything up before the match starts. Both the chemical brothers galvinize song. and the cringey seven nation army song are sucking the life out of the atmosphere. Seven nation army got old 10 games ago.

50 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I will as long as the atmosphere is so shit and people are defending it as good.

Embarrassing. 

That’s fair enough.

I suppose my point isn’t that the atmosphere was good compared to a myriad of other games, but that given the the state of the game and the constant feeling that a large proportion of our fans are ready to march Lee Johnson our, what did you want or expect?

When the boos started after the Eliasson sub I thought the whole thing in the stands might have gone to rat shit.

2-1 to Wolves in 2017...granted it was a gut wrenching result but top of the table clash, thought the atmosphere was rather good...if only Frankie hadn't made that challenge eh, if only we hadn't left Flint up top at 1-0 vs 10 etc!

Atmosphere was of course good though, under the lights, top v 2nd, us very much on the rise, on Sky...yeah that was good! Nothing wrong with the atmosphere that evening...last Saturday of 2017!

If only, if only...

Was an impressive atmosphere though- very much in and around the Christmas period.

1 minute ago, redapple said:

Section 82 should be seated in Block 11 and 12 of the Lansdown Stand closer to the away supporters . Another singing section in the Dolman (Old A & B blocks) and behind the goal in the South Stand .  

Problem is that it can displace long standing ST holders in Upper E34 and Upper E33- assuming you mean them as A and B, traditionally quite vocal areas of the ground? Lower was H and I IIRC.

Lansdown...that one is more interesting but doesn't necessarily seem to fit the demographic of that stand- higher ticket prices, plus in the upper Corporate type areas and of course the family- don't see the clib doing for that.

A further one in the South Stand...can't see the SAG or the police going for that- though it sounds like it might be a club led decision, but I dare say the All Seeing but Never Seen SAG have a bigger say?

How many of these would be standing...how does that fly?

Reserved or unreserved seating...one of standing or unreserved has a 10% reduction in capacity I believe.

Don't get me wrong, I like the ideas...but a lot, no a hell of a lot, of obstacles to overcome!

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Problem is that it can displace long standing ST holders in Upper E34 and Upper E33- assuming you mean them as A and B, traditionally quite vocal areas of the ground? Lower was H and I IIRC.

Lansdown...that one is more interesting but doesn't necessarily seem to fit the demographic of that stand- higher ticket prices, plus in the upper Corporate type areas and of course the family- don't see the clib doing for that.

A further one in the South Stand...can't see the SAG or the police going for that- though it sounds like it might be a club led decision, but I dare say the All Seeing but Never Seen SAG have a bigger say?

How many of these would be standing...how does that fly?

Reserved or unreserved seating...one of standing or unreserved has a 10% reduction in capacity I believe.

Don't get me wrong, I like the ideas...but a lot, no a hell of a lot, of obstacles to overcome!

I agree that lots of obstacles are in the way ( not as many as the old Williams Stand) but to improve the atmosphere it’s a must. And I’m sure it’s the lack of atmosphere that is having a negative effect on home performances as well as some of the selections and tactics. 

Archived