IGNORED

Section 82

And Its Smith

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Move S82 back to the Atyeo, internal segregation, open up the lower sections of the stand for both home and away supporters and watch the atmosphere thrive.

A row of orange clad stewards seem to be able to keep premiership fans from knocking lumps out of each other and with high quality CCTV there is no reason to believe that fans there won't behave/self police themselves.

This will give the club a better opportunity to sell the section occupied at the moment without that bonkers 10% reduction.

Granted, the club might sell a few less pints in the concourse, but given a lot don't use it because of the queues, that gap would likely be covered anyway.

(Just to add)

Should safe standing be introduced, lower Dolman would be an obvious candidate for both rugby fans and any extension to S82.

I must admit I enjoyed it more in the Atyeo more than I do now.

39 minutes ago, T R said:

I think we should move the disabled section into more of the dolman stand. And shorten the ones in the south stand. More people will be able to sit down in the front of the south stand if they wanted to.

327470883_SeatingPlan-Football.png.5b1be57d94d04a3b3ded55dd540e193c-Copy.thumb.png.c8ea264c48881577a9b2b44c657b0456.png

Current disabled section in the picture above. changes to disabled section below.

876209422_SeatingPlan-Football-Copy.thumb.png.973b3d7f94d973437bbb5eb5e877dda0.png

222113392_south-stand-ashton-gate-bristol-city-1493917840-Copy(2)-Copy.thumb.jpg.e696cf94d7a00001516168592a1d73a1.jpg

602009855_south-stand-ashton-gate-bristol-city-1493917840-Copy-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.1741cb503160ee95aab16784316eeab2.jpg

I know this will never happen but I am just winding the hours away.

Good effort!

2 hours ago, redapple said:

Pongo 88 /Mr Popodopolopus ( wasn’t he the laundrette owner, Dot Cotton’s boss in Eastenders ? ) I respect change is never easy , both practically and logistically. But it’s far from being impossible . Standing in one far corner of the Lower Lansdown wouldn’t obscure anyone’s views sitting elsewhere in the stand. CCTV should be an adequate deterrent to anti-social behaviour. Other singing sections at the backs of stands if needs be would help stimulate some sort of atmosphere. Let’s face it at the moment it’s not even a library more of a morgue. The players might tweet gratitude for support but that’s just media training . In reality they might as be playing on the Moon. If we could get the atmosphere generated in the games against Wolves, Man U , Man City in the new stadium then Ashton Gate just might become an intimidating place again and help the team . 

Ha yes, indeed- enjoying my retirement! ;)

Serious note, I'm NOT against this. I'm actually for an Expanded Singing Section- I made a thread 2 years ago and another thread with a poll on it...

My point isn't so much about the views in that area, more that the stand is of a character that perhaps doesn't mesh with the Singing Section, swearing etc- which isn't unnatural at football. Most expensive tickets, family area, corporate areas upstairs...it's annoying as it's our largest stand but it's like oil and water!

Singing Sections at the back? Would that require standing- the very thing the club asked back in August fans to refrain from, outside the Singing Section. I know and you know and likely the club know but there was much debate a few months ago over persistent standing, or clampdowns, whether led by the club or led by others!! We're working in that context...why would the SAG etc suddenly allow it when the club put out a statement back in late August?

I agree there is not much atmosphere and hasn't been for a while. I also in that season, though not on that level enjoyed the Stoke atmosphere, the Crystal Palace one, the 4-1 vs Derby one, probably Aston Villa back in August under the lights- sure there would've been more too!

I digress, we do need a better atmosphere and agree the restrictions are daft...but what do you think the SAG will say when the club approach them with these proposals? Is the back row of the South Stand and to varying levels the Dolman standing, allowed?

What I'm looking for is ideas to lobby the club who in turn can lobby the SAG with. My thread two years ago was looking for this and so far, fresh ideas for the SAG to consider.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but I said it two years ago and said it again recently I think and if I didn't I'll say it two years on...I believe, and fear that this is the best we will get in terms of a Singing Section, broadly speaking. In terms of area, size etc.

Prove me wrong club and SAG!

I’ll get on to the club with my views ! Formal emails to JL and LJ. 

I used to have access to Jon Lansdown but not for a few years now , and he only ever talked about the rugby. Was very guarded when talking about the Football side . 

Funnily enough LJ would probably be the best official at the club to push for anything that gives a 1% improvement of the teams chances or in this case 10%.

Archived