Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

RedDave

Section 82

Recommended Posts

Sadly the club don’t want any kind of atmosphere, then if you do try and move it will piss off the people currently there . 
section82 is no longer I’m afraid. , next season I will look to move seats. I sing every game if if people around me aren’t.  
 

  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some angry blokes - well, kiddie blokes - in there yesterday, mind. Bitter, angry, twisted; dead, soulless eyes. Foaming mouths. Attacking and berating their own players/team. 

What joy and happiness abounds, what lightness of being, what perspective and ability to put things into context, when things go pear-shaped at AG.

Happy New Year. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kivsy said:

Sadly the club don’t want any kind of atmosphere, then if you do try and move it will piss off the people currently there . 
section82 is no longer I’m afraid. , next season I will look to move seats. I sing every game if if people around me aren’t.  
 

I went to see City vs QPR at Loftus Rd a couple of seasons back. There was a lad in front of me trying to get some singing going. Regrettably he sounded like a Hippo being castrated without anaesthetic.

  • Rovers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the atmosphere was quite good in there yesterday, considering the disaster unfolding in front of us.

I was thinking of why I like going in section 24 of the ground and it’s not just about singing.

I like shouting, I occasionally swear, I certainly love standing and can’t imagine having to sit for an hour and half.

I think people who don’t stand in there, think it’s something it isn’t. 

Its an area where I can be relaxed with like minded others without offending other people.

Edited by 054123
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I thought the atmosphere was quite good in there yesterday, considering the disaster unfolding in front of us.

I was thinking of why I like going in section 24 of the ground and it’s not just about singing.

I like shouting, I occasionally swear, I certainly love standing and can’t imagine having to sit for an hour and half.

I think people who don’t stand in there, think it’s something it isn’t. 

Its an area where I can be relaxed with like minded others without offending other people.

Do you genuinely feel the atmosphere in there was good yesterday? As in, objectively, seriously and honestly? A good atmosphere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Do you genuinely feel the atmosphere in there was good yesterday? As in, objectively, seriously and honestly? A good atmosphere?

Objectively yes, I do.

Was it Forest at home in 89 or Rovers at home in 96, or a host of others, no.

Is football ever going to be that again? No.

It can’t be. In order to curb hooliganism you had to neuter the tribalism and partisan atmosphere, the two were always linked.

Considering we were watching a house fire yesterday, I thought it was on the whole supportive and people tried to keep spirits up. I can only comment on the area where I stand so in other parts of the ground it may have been worse. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I went to see City vs QPR at Loftus Rd a couple of seasons back. There was a lad in front of me trying to get some singing going. Regrettably he sounded like a Hippo being castrated without anaesthetic.

 

24CC626900000578-2914886-image-a-25_1421527865695.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Objectively yes, I do.

Was it Forest at home in 89 or Rovers at home in 96, or a host of others, no.

Is football ever going to be that again? No.

It can’t be. In order to curb hooliganism you had to neuter the tribalism and partisan atmosphere, the two were always linked.

Considering we were watching a house fire yesterday, I thought it was on the whole supportive and people tried to keep spirits up. I can only comment on the area where I stand so in other parts of the ground it may have been worse. 

It was quite possibly the worst atmosphere since the stadium rebuild. At times worse than a pre season friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

It was quite possibly the worst atmosphere since the stadium rebuild. At times worse than a pre season friendly.

I understand your frustrations with it all, I genuinely share the same feelings.

it wasn’t the worst atmosphere since the rebuild and, as you probably know, not the worst atmosphere down the gate.

it wasn’t in the ‘top 10’ either.

Things’ll get better👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I understand your frustrations with it all, I genuinely share the same feelings.

it wasn’t the worst atmosphere since the rebuild and, as you probably know, not the worst atmosphere down the gate.

it wasn’t in the ‘top 10’ either.

Things’ll get better👍

It was shocking. Absolutely terrible. Your defence of it is Johnsonesque.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

It was shocking. Absolutely terrible. Your defence of it is Johnsonesque.

😂

You won’t always feel like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pre match music before the game starts is doing my head in. Me and my mates have given up trying to start anything up before the match starts. Both the chemical brothers galvinize song. and the cringey seven nation army song are sucking the life out of the atmosphere. Seven nation army got old 10 games ago.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I will as long as the atmosphere is so shit and people are defending it as good.

Embarrassing. 

That’s fair enough.

I suppose my point isn’t that the atmosphere was good compared to a myriad of other games, but that given the the state of the game and the constant feeling that a large proportion of our fans are ready to march Lee Johnson our, what did you want or expect?

When the boos started after the Eliasson sub I thought the whole thing in the stands might have gone to rat shit.

Edited by 054123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

It was shocking. Absolutely terrible. Your defence of it is Johnsonesque.

Xmas games are always rubbish for atmisphere apart from the 2-2 with Plymouth when Collier & Merrick replied to Mariner & Rafferty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2-1 to Wolves in 2017...granted it was a gut wrenching result but top of the table clash, thought the atmosphere was rather good...if only Frankie hadn't made that challenge eh, if only we hadn't left Flint up top at 1-0 vs 10 etc!

Atmosphere was of course good though, under the lights, top v 2nd, us very much on the rise, on Sky...yeah that was good! Nothing wrong with the atmosphere that evening...last Saturday of 2017!

If only, if only...

Was an impressive atmosphere though- very much in and around the Christmas period.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Section 82 should be seated in Block 11 and 12 of the Lansdown Stand closer to the away supporters . Another singing section in the Dolman (Old A & B blocks) and behind the goal in the South Stand .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redapple said:

Section 82 should be seated in Block 11 and 12 of the Lansdown Stand closer to the away supporters . Another singing section in the Dolman (Old A & B blocks) and behind the goal in the South Stand .  

Problem is that it can displace long standing ST holders in Upper E34 and Upper E33- assuming you mean them as A and B, traditionally quite vocal areas of the ground? Lower was H and I IIRC.

Lansdown...that one is more interesting but doesn't necessarily seem to fit the demographic of that stand- higher ticket prices, plus in the upper Corporate type areas and of course the family- don't see the clib doing for that.

A further one in the South Stand...can't see the SAG or the police going for that- though it sounds like it might be a club led decision, but I dare say the All Seeing but Never Seen SAG have a bigger say?

How many of these would be standing...how does that fly?

Reserved or unreserved seating...one of standing or unreserved has a 10% reduction in capacity I believe.

Don't get me wrong, I like the ideas...but a lot, no a hell of a lot, of obstacles to overcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Problem is that it can displace long standing ST holders in Upper E34 and Upper E33- assuming you mean them as A and B, traditionally quite vocal areas of the ground? Lower was H and I IIRC.

Lansdown...that one is more interesting but doesn't necessarily seem to fit the demographic of that stand- higher ticket prices, plus in the upper Corporate type areas and of course the family- don't see the clib doing for that.

A further one in the South Stand...can't see the SAG or the police going for that- though it sounds like it might be a club led decision, but I dare say the All Seeing but Never Seen SAG have a bigger say?

How many of these would be standing...how does that fly?

Reserved or unreserved seating...one of standing or unreserved has a 10% reduction in capacity I believe.

Don't get me wrong, I like the ideas...but a lot, no a hell of a lot, of obstacles to overcome!

I agree that lots of obstacles are in the way ( not as many as the old Williams Stand) but to improve the atmosphere it’s a must. And I’m sure it’s the lack of atmosphere that is having a negative effect on home performances as well as some of the selections and tactics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

2-1 to Wolves in 2017...granted it was a gut wrenching result but top of the table clash, thought the atmosphere was rather good...if only Frankie hadn't made that challenge eh, if only we hadn't left Flint up top at 1-0 vs 10 etc!

Atmosphere was of course good though, under the lights, top v 2nd, us very much on the rise, on Sky...yeah that was good! Nothing wrong with the atmosphere that evening...last Saturday of 2017!

If only, if only...

Was an impressive atmosphere though- very much in and around the Christmas period.

Fair shout but yet another disappointing result for BCFC in a league game, do we ever win a big and important league game? Even our double winning promotion year we only won once in 6 against the other 3 top teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, redapple said:

I agree that lots of obstacles are in the way ( not as many as the old Williams Stand) but to improve the atmosphere it’s a must. And I’m sure it’s the lack of atmosphere that is having a negative effect on home performances as well as some of the selections and tactics. 

Some solutions to the obstacles would be interesting to hear! Problem, Solution etc.

Internal Obstacles:

  1. Problem with possible Season ticket holder displacement, especially when long-term as surely quite a few would be. Thinking of the Dolman A and B here.
  2. Will it change the character of the Lansdown Stand? It could! Corporate Revenue, higher ticket areas...like oil and water. I've long given up on a noisy Lansdown Stand. Could be difficult.
  3. 10% reduction in capacity in areas that have Reserved Seating.

External Obstacles:

  1. The Police and SAG may object as it increases the risk of Interaction between Home and away fans.
  2. The SAG especially would certainly object- possibly the SGSA but more likely the SAG- to possible standing areas in not one, not two but three Singing Areas in the ground.

Unknown issues- potentially Obstacles:

  1. Would the singing areas be sitting or standing? If the latter then see External.
  2. Reserved or Unreserved- see the 3rd point under Internal if the latter?

Yes, there are definitely a lot of issues. I remember making about ideas, to add to a debate a push for an Expanded Singing Section about 2 years ago but it gradually slipped down and we're no further forward with any of it.

NOT that I'd expect my threads to make a bit of difference, just highlighting that we're where we were two years ago, but probably with less noise and no further forward!

See this and this.

Literally where we were then- except probably less noisy!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I currently have a ST  in Lansdown 11 . There aren’t that many ticket holders there. Lots of pay on the day ( they take forever finding their seats and know more opposition players than home) and injured players, celebs getting freebies etc . I’m sure you’d be able to fit S82 in and still find seats for current ST Holders in the lower Lansdown . A few beer vouchers to compensate would satisfy me. I can’t see that the Prawn Sandwiches would be effected at all . Might need a bit more stewarding  in the corner but that cost is peanuts compared with a new player and be more advantageous than most signings. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SAG?

The police?

Their input and approval would be a necessity here.

Surely a singing area would be standing...unreserved? Bit hard to sell a singing area if you have to sit! At least one of those categories has a 10% reduction in capacity in these areas as mandatory- or so I'm led to believe.

Nobody has addressed these very real obstacles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

As the singing section is always sold out what about a second one in the opposite corner S18/19?

I’m led to believe south stand including section82 is sold out due to season ticket holders ? 
yet on a matchday theres a load of empty seats all around, even watching the highlights on tv. Still lots of empty seats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The SAG?

The police?

Their input and approval would be a necessity here.

Surely a singing area would be standing...unreserved? Bit hard to sell a singing area if you have to sit! At least one of those categories has a 10% reduction in capacity in these areas as mandatory- or so I'm led to believe.

Nobody has addressed these very real obstacles.

These can be overcome. Every stadium in the UK is different in the way they accommodate away fans, singing fans , juniors etc, doesn’t that prove that Police , Safety Groups can be flexible. Section 82 would probably want a big say as well and any other groups that might pop up . 

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I’m led to believe south stand including section82 is sold out due to season ticket holders ? 
yet on a matchday theres a load of empty seats all around, even watching the highlights on tv. Still lots of empty seats 

10% reduction in capacity in the Singing Area due to Unreserved/tolerance of standing.

At games in general there is an differential between tickers sold and attendees.

Then maybe some stay away for example due to discontent with the team/LJ and it can start to add up.

However yes, it is hard to get tickets in the South Stand for that reason.

Was under the impression that the Singing Section was ST only or has that changed now?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

As the singing section is always sold out what about a second one in the opposite corner S18/19?

S19 is cooperate seating linked to the Heineken lounge. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, redapple said:

These can be overcome. Every stadium in the UK is different in the way they accommodate away fans, singing fans , juniors etc, doesn’t that prove that Police , Safety Groups can be flexible. Section 82 would probably want a big say as well and any other groups that might pop up . 

Away fans are a different category, in a sense- they generally stand because it's how it is these days...not ST holders, only at a ground once, twice a year usually and it's seen as more pragmatic. Home fans, many are ST holders- easier to control in a sense- well that 2nd bit my theory anyway!

I see what you're saying but I just don't see it as feasible as things are...I believe the best we can hope for is an expanded or maybe centralised Singing Section in the South Stand.

Maybe we could stick some in E28, to help noise spread across the Dolman a bit? They seem to like to stand at the top of the Dolman and the South Stand, clearly more people would like the opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

S19 is cooperate seating linked to the Heineken lounge. 

I didn’t know that, cheers. I Suppose they couldn’t even be moved to W17 as it would be difficult getting back in and out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Spoons said:

S19 is cooperate seating linked to the Heineken lounge. 

Which in turn, though it's at the other end of the stand, comes back to a problem with sticking them in the Lansdown- anywhere in the Lansdown- IMO.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

2-1 to Wolves in 2017...granted it was a gut wrenching result but top of the table clash, thought the atmosphere was rather good...if only Frankie hadn't made that challenge eh, if only we hadn't left Flint up top at 1-0 vs 10 etc!

Atmosphere was of course good though, under the lights, top v 2nd, us very much on the rise, on Sky...yeah that was good! Nothing wrong with the atmosphere that evening...last Saturday of 2017!

If only, if only...

Was an impressive atmosphere though- very much in and around the Christmas period.

That was the defining match of the decade for our club wasn’t it. A goal and a man up and we somehow conspired to lose. What an absolute sickener it was. Feels like we’ve never truly recovered from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kivsy said:

I’m led to believe south stand including section82 is sold out due to season ticket holders ? 
yet on a matchday theres a load of empty seats all around, even watching the highlights on tv. Still lots of empty seats 

On 85 mins there were more empty seats than fans...

20200101_164842.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 054123 said:

That’s fair enough.

I suppose my point isn’t that the atmosphere was good compared to a myriad of other games, but that given the the state of the game and the constant feeling that a large proportion of our fans are ready to march Lee Johnson our, what did you want or expect?

When the boos started after the Eliasson sub I thought the whole thing in the stands might have gone to rat shit.

The atmosphere was shite, the fact we had a shite ref helped raise the decibels for a short while as it always does but overall it was bad. Of course the result didnt help but even had we of won, it wouldnt have been much better.

Saturday mid day kick offs, anytime on a Sunday and New Years day games always produce a terrible atmosphere, always! 

There was plenty of empty seats around the stadium, I reckon there was only 17k there. The fan zone was absolutely dead, barely had to queue for a beer out there. 

Personally I didnt get home until 4am from the New Years celebrations, if I didnt have a ST, I probably wouldn't have gone. I was tired and cold and hardly had any enthusiasm for the game.

9 hours ago, Spoons said:

S19 is cooperate seating linked to the Heineken lounge. 

Hmmm not so sure about that. In parts yes, just below the lounge but predominantly it is season ticket holders and I believe is sold out.

I sit in S18, the club dont openly sell STs there but I do see the same faces every week so there is a fair few other ST holders in there but I think its reserved for pay on the day sales and complimentary tickets etc.

Edited by Up The City!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spoons said:

S19 is cooperate seating linked to the Heineken lounge. 

Not correct I have a ST in S19, think it may be the upper part of S20 that is linked to the Heineken lounge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Not correct I have a ST in S19, think it may be the upper part of S20 that is linked to the Heineken lounge.

I've sat in S19 several times whilst attending Heineken lounge. As you've said I've also sat in S20 as well. S19 has some padded seating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spoons said:

I've sat in S19 several times whilst attending Heineken lounge. As you've said I've also sat in S20 as well. S19 has some padded seating. 

Fair enough didnt know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, T R said:

The pre match music before the game starts is doing my head in. Me and my mates have given up trying to start anything up before the match starts. Both the chemical brothers galvinize song. and the cringey seven nation army song are sucking the life out of the atmosphere. Seven nation army got old 10 games ago.

Quite why they need to start the bass line to seven nation army 5 minutes before anyone is even in the tunnel I don’t know. It drones on and kills any sort of pre match atmosphere 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dredd said:

Quite why they need to start the bass line to seven nation army 5 minutes before anyone is even in the tunnel I don’t know. It drones on and kills any sort of pre match atmosphere 

Especially bad last game when Brentford took an age to line-up in the tunnel!

But at least it's an easy sound clip to loop when this happens?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S82 need to be middle of SS. There are a good number of pockets of people in the middle section and more towards the Heineken lounge that do try and sing. Sitting in s23 there are often 2 songs going on in the same stand from each corner of the SS. Get everyone central and you’d have another 3/400 singers incorporated into section 82. Job done, only issue is resolving how you do that because of existing season ticket holders, either way need to find a way that would effect my ticket but I’d happily support the club in any attempt to align all singers in one central area to improve atmosphere which is so important particularly in spells like the one we are currently going through. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

S82 need to be middle of SS. There are a good number of pockets of people in the middle section and more towards the Heineken lounge that do try and sing. Sitting in s23 there are often 2 songs going on in the same stand from each corner of the SS. Get everyone central and you’d have another 3/400 singers incorporated into section 82. Job done, only issue is resolving how you do that because of existing season ticket holders, either way need to find a way that would effect my ticket but I’d happily support the club in any attempt to align all singers in one central area to improve atmosphere which is so important particularly in spells like the one we are currently going through. 

I suppose a counter argument might be that if it's near the Dolman it can spread along the ground a bit in a wrap along effect, at least in terms of South Stand and Dolman especially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, redapple said:

Section 82 should be seated in Block 11 and 12 of the Lansdown Stand closer to the away supporters . Another singing section in the Dolman (Old A & B blocks) and behind the goal in the South Stand .  

These sort of suggestions keep cropping up without considering the consequences. Standing sections in the corners of the South Stand and the Dolman stand would block the view of those sitting when the play was in the corners of the pitch. I don’t wish to be rude but standing behind the goal in South Stand is a crazy suggestion as it would block the view of everyone else sitting on either side. 
 

Another factor to be considered is how many people actually want to stand. It’s a perennial topic on the forum but beyond the forum I’m not convinced that there is any great demand for standing. There are probably more people who want to stand than the current capacity in the corner of the South Stand, but I doubt there are sufficient to justify major disruptions around the ground by creating extra standing sections 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

These sort of suggestions keep cropping up without considering the consequences. Standing sections in the corners of the South Stand and the Dolman stand would block the view of those sitting when the play was in the corners of the pitch. I don’t wish to be rude but standing behind the goal in South Stand is a crazy suggestion as it would block the view of everyone else sitting on either side. 
 

Another factor to be considered is how many people actually want to stand. It’s a perennial topic on the forum but beyond the forum I’m not convinced that there is any great demand for standing. There are probably more people who want to stand than the current capacity in the corner of the South Stand, but I doubt there are sufficient to justify major disruptions around the ground by creating extra standing sections 

Agree in so far as the same points and counterpoints, consequences vs benefit analysis, but in general on this round and round it goes!

This thread is regurgitating a lot of the same arguments from 2 years back! Goes nowhere...

That aside, I believe that there IS latent demand tbh. There is...top of the Dolman like to stand, so do the top row of the South Stand.

People who used to try and get into s82 suggests that there is scope- another 100-200 maybe more?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Move S82 back to the Atyeo, internal segregation, open up the lower sections of the stand for both home and away supporters and watch the atmosphere thrive.

A row of orange clad stewards seem to be able to keep premiership fans from knocking lumps out of each other and with high quality CCTV there is no reason to believe that fans there won't behave/self police themselves.

This will give the club a better opportunity to sell the section occupied at the moment without that bonkers 10% reduction.

Granted, the club might sell a few less pints in the concourse, but given a lot don't use it because of the queues, that gap would likely be covered anyway.

(Just to add)

Should safe standing be introduced, lower Dolman would be an obvious candidate for both rugby fans and any extension to S82.

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Move S82 back to the Atyeo, internal segregation, open up the lower sections of the stand for both home and away supporters and watch the atmosphere thrive.

A row of orange clad stewards seem to be able to keep premiership fans from knocking lumps out of each other and with high quality CCTV there is no reason to believe that fans there won't behave/self police themselves.

This will give the club a better opportunity to sell the section occupied at the moment without that bonkers 10% reduction.

Granted, the club might sell a few less pints in the concourse, but given a lot don't use it because of the queues, that gap would likely be covered anyway.

(Just to add)

Should safe standing be introduced, lower Dolman would be an obvious candidate for both rugby fans and any extension to S82.

Would the 10% reduction not be moved to the bit of the Atyeo which contains home fans, if still unreserved? Granted the South Stand would have more seats, but is there something I'm missing here.

Certainly agree that the Interaction between home and away fans has potential to add to an atmosphere.

Extension to S82...would be interested to see lower Dolman, an obvious choice certainly.

Still wondering how it's sold to the SAG which is the point I was pushing two years ago, given the closer proximity of home and away fans...think their fears are unnecessary but nonetheless our one seem quite pernickerty to say the least!

You want to see bonkers, crazy segreation though? Look at this!

EKZ9U2-XsAAnTHY?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Birmingham fans in that upper Tier.

Looks like Lower Tier and sides unsold.

Side area no seats obviously...then a line of about 50 Stewards!!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pongo 88 /Mr Popodopolopus ( wasn’t he the laundrette owner, Dot Cotton’s boss in Eastenders ? ) I respect change is never easy , both practically and logistically. But it’s far from being impossible . Standing in one far corner of the Lower Lansdown wouldn’t obscure anyone’s views sitting elsewhere in the stand. CCTV should be an adequate deterrent to anti-social behaviour. Other singing sections at the backs of stands if needs be would help stimulate some sort of atmosphere. Let’s face it at the moment it’s not even a library more of a morgue. The players might tweet gratitude for support but that’s just media training . In reality they might as be playing on the Moon. If we could get the atmosphere generated in the games against Wolves, Man U , Man City in the new stadium then Ashton Gate just might become an intimidating place again and help the team . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should move the disabled section into more of the dolman stand. And shorten the ones in the south stand. More people will be able to sit down in the front of the south stand if they wanted to.

327470883_SeatingPlan-Football.png.5b1be57d94d04a3b3ded55dd540e193c-Copy.thumb.png.c8ea264c48881577a9b2b44c657b0456.png

Current disabled section in the picture above. changes to disabled section below.

876209422_SeatingPlan-Football-Copy.thumb.png.973b3d7f94d973437bbb5eb5e877dda0.png

 

222113392_south-stand-ashton-gate-bristol-city-1493917840-Copy(2)-Copy.thumb.jpg.e696cf94d7a00001516168592a1d73a1.jpg

 

 

602009855_south-stand-ashton-gate-bristol-city-1493917840-Copy-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.1741cb503160ee95aab16784316eeab2.jpg

I know this will never happen but I am just winding the hours away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...