IGNORED

Nagy

ScottishRed

4 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

Oddly me and those around me thought he was probably our weakest player today, funny how everyone sees it so differently. 

Agree that he wasn’t quite on song today. Doesn’t look quite the same player as we saw at the beginning of the season, especially going forward. 

1 hour ago, mightyreds89 said:

Oddly me and those around me thought he was probably our weakest player today, funny how everyone sees it so differently. 

Totally agree. I thought he was good until his ‘break’ but since then I really don’t see what the fuss is about. One of the weakest performances today. 

Thing is he’s had a move to a new country, had an injury hampering his settling in and had some trouble getting back to fitness. 

He looks to me like someone who is still settling and needs a bit of time to find a rhythm and routine. At times his touch is clumsy and his sharpness clearly is not 100% there but he did what he needed to do today. I think he is someone who will always be a little unnoticed in a lot of the better stuff he does - in the sense it is about the positions he takes up and the opposition attacks that then do not start in the first place but I thought he was decent enough yesterday, particularly given his stop-start beginning to his time with us.

Wow what differences of opinion! 

This is the sort of post many people enjoy about this forum. I thought he was really good, whereas he was SUPERB at Fulham then 'mixed' at Charlton where he was pants first half and effective second half.  

I like the bloke in our team with Brownhill but like most of us we dont agree on the 'Best 11 at home' nir the 'Best 11 away'. Fortunately we have one man in charge who does and gets it more right than wrong.

Eliasson, Massengo, Smith, CoD, Rowe, loanees, - so many options for that one or two remaining spot

1 minute ago, Hampshire Red said:

Wow what differences of opinion! 

This is the sort of post many people enjoy about this forum. I thought he was really good, whereas he was SUPERB at Fulham then 'mixed' at Charlton where he was pants first half and effective second half.  

I like the bloke in our team with Brownhill but like most of us we dont agree on the 'Best 11 at home' nir the 'Best 11 away'. Fortunately we have one man in charge who does and gets it more right than wrong.

Eliasson, Massengo, Smith, CoD, Rowe, loanees, - so many options for that one or two remaining spot

I don’t even agree with myself on what our best eleven is...

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Thing is he’s had a move to a new country, had an injury hampering his settling in and had some trouble getting back to fitness. 

He looks to me like someone who is still settling and needs a bit of time to find a rhythm and routine. At times his touch is clumsy and his sharpness clearly is not 100% there but he did what he needed to do today. I think he is someone who will always be a little unnoticed in a lot of the better stuff he does - in the sense it is about the positions he takes up and the opposition attacks that then do not start in the first place but I thought he was decent enough yesterday, particularly given his stop-start beginning to his time with us.

Exactly my thoughts LB.

I thought he was decent yesterday, not spectacular but he had a very reasonable game.  We have to remember that he’s new to the Championship and with his injuries restricting his game time he’s not fully adapted the hurly burly just yet.

One thing I really noticed yesterday was just how slight he is. At one point he was near the Dolman and we got a close look at him. There’s not much to see! He looked as if he could do with a few more hearty meals in his diet.

I realise this is a bit of a ‘jam tomorrow’ thought, but I think he would benefit from a little bulk being added and also a full pre season with us. I think there is a slight tendency to be bullied when defending at the mo, but agree his first thought on the ball is positive, which makes him an asset.

Also interesting that LJ mentioned Dasilva having been working hard in the gym. 

20 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Thought he was average today , im still unconvinced hes that mich of an upgrade on pack .... definatly worse in the air .

He’s obviously going to be worse in the air with his height. What he does do is cover more ground and recovers the ball a lot better. He always makes himself available and tries risks with passing which is hard to do when sometimes there is no movement in the final third. Thought he was our best starting player against Charlton, but wasn’t great against Blackburn.

58 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

He’s obviously going to be worse in the air with his height. What he does do is cover more ground and recovers the ball a lot better. He always makes himself available and tries risks with passing which is hard to do when sometimes there is no movement in the final third. Thought he was our best starting player against Charlton, but wasn’t great against Blackburn.

I’d say he’s almost 6 foot.  Stood next to him a few times and he’s taller than he looks.  But he runs hunched over, so looks shorter.

In terms of technical ability there isn't any other player in the squad anywhere close to him other than Massengo.

Both those players receive the ball with their body position such that they receive and move - not receive, control, turn, then move.

Excellent player and probably a cut above BCFC as is Massengo.

He just needs to cut his cloth and try to fit in with the dross in the second tier of English hoof ball.

11 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

5 foot 10 according to Wiki.

What’s a couple of inches between friends ?

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

In terms of technical ability there isn't any other player in the squad anywhere close to him other than Massengo.

Both those players receive the ball with their body position such that they receive and move - not receive, control, turn, then move.

He just needs to cut his cloth and try to fit in with the dross in the second tier of English hoof ball.

Nagy’s problem is that he played so well in his opening couple of games.  He then got injured, we aren’t playing quite as well and there’s pressure on him.  All whilst he’s adjusting to Championship football, a new country, etc.

Just need a bit of patience.  Like you, I think you can tell his qualities.

15 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I’d say Palmer would har something to say about that!

15 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Palmer would have something to say about that!

Archived