IGNORED

Nagy

ScottishRed

2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

LJ said in Presser he may need another Operation

Playing through the pain then?  Same player people thought we should be kicking out of the club for not playing a couple of months back.

I wonder if they will consider getting Morrell back in case?

On 30/12/2019 at 23:01, Davefevs said:

Nagy’s problem is that he played so well in his opening couple of games.  He then got injured, we aren’t playing quite as well and there’s pressure on him.  All whilst he’s adjusting to Championship football, a new country, etc.

Just need a bit of patience.  Like you, I think you can tell his qualities.

Without being harsh and whilst I agree with you and wish Adam all the best with finding full fitness we don’t have time for patience at this point in the season, we need someone who can play NOW! and try and push on and start winning games ....:yawn:

28 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

LJ said in Presser he may need another Operation

Sounds like he hasn't been so fit then, post return?

Was he another who was rushed back or? Kalas feels like he maybe was another...let's hope DaSilva doesn't make it an unlucky hattrick- notable difference between "fit" ie uninjured and match fit...

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was he another who was rushed back or? Kalas feels like he maybe was another...let's hope DaSilva doesn't make it an unlucky hattrick- notable difference between "fit" ie uninjured and match fit...

How many reserve games did Nagy, Kalas and Dasilva play to help get them back some match fitness? It seems they are just chucked back in with fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Smokey said:

How many reserve games did Nagy, Kalas and Dasilva play to help get them back some match fitness? It seems they are just chucked back in with fingers crossed.

Yep, a bit of a worrying theme- though I could be wrong of course.

I was worried too two years ago when Pisano made a bit of a sudden appearance at RB v Sheff Wed and O'Dowda a month later at Millwall.

26 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Without being harsh and whilst I agree with you and wish Adam all the best with finding full fitness we don’t have time for patience at this point in the season, we need someone who can play NOW! and try and push on and start winning games ....:yawn:

Find the right forwards and you can then play Palmer as a genuine 10 in midfield. We have plenty of players to fill the remaining midfield places, all they need to do is get the ball to Palmer as quickly and as often as possible.  

His continuing injury explains why he hasn’t looked on top form then. A shame we have such poor luck with injuries to our key signings. Full quote from LJ:

Adam’s ankle is affecting him. We’ve had a discussion on steps to take to ensure his ankle is in a better place.

These are the types of things people aren’t able to see. What we’re driving towards is a consistency and our performances of late have been too sporadic.

He can play but he is playing with pain, [an operation] is an option.

He’s a fantastic player and all we want is to help him.

42 minutes ago, eardun said:

His continuing injury explains why he hasn’t looked on top form then. A shame we have such poor luck with injuries to our key signings. Full quote from LJ:

Adam’s ankle is affecting him. We’ve had a discussion on steps to take to ensure his ankle is in a better place.

These are the types of things people aren’t able to see. What we’re driving towards is a consistency and our performances of late have been too sporadic.

Notwithstanding LJ's mistakes, we have been royally shafted by injuries this season.

Yes, get him fit for next season. No player can do themselves justice when playing high level / high intensity sport with an injury that potentially needs an operation.  It presumably explains why he looked such a high quality player early on in contrast to the relatively poor performances of late.

It''s the ideal chance to give Joe Morrell a chance and get a more effective central midfield that both protects the back four and provides some service to the forwards.

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Sounds like LJ is making excuses again

2 hours ago, Smokey said:

He always does it. Bailey Wright, Smith, Adelakun all had the same as well. It’s stupid.

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

He always does it. Bailey Wright, Smith, Adelakun all had the same as well. It’s stupid.

And he wonders why they are never fully fit again or performing consistently.. Personally I don't think the squad is fit enough or shall I say he doesn't get them fit enough.

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Why play an injured player in a position we have cover? Piss poor by management and/or medical team. Nagy should feel a bit guilty for earlier in the season but don't aggravate matters and he should have been forced to ease back in when properly recovered post op if necessary. 

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Sounds like LJ is making excuses again

Definitely not unfortunately. There was an interview with him in a Hungarian newspaper 3 days before Christmas, he mentioned a lot of other things and also his ankle. He said he feels it's not 100%, only like 95% but 'the doctors at the club said it's absolutely normal after an injury like his' so he just keeps pushing... It would be a minor operation as I recall from the time LJ mentioned it, getting out that small extra bone, so the injury could heal up to 100%.

On a funny note he also said that the first few times he took a cab for training and he always wanted to yell at the driver going in the wrong lane.

9 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

Definitely not unfortunately. There was an interview with him in a Hungarian newspaper 3 days before Christmas, he mentioned a lot of other things and also his ankle. He said he feels it's not 100%, only like 95% but 'the doctors at the club said it's absolutely normal after an injury like his' so he just keeps pushing... It would be a minor operation as I recall from the time LJ mentioned it, getting out that small extra bone, so the injury could heal up to 100%.

On a funny note he also said that the first few times he took a cab for training and he always wanted to yell at the driver going in the wrong lane.

Thanks for your post. I don't mean LJ was making excuses for Nagy, but for himself and the team's poor results

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Thanks for your post. I don't mean LJ was making excuses for Nagy, but for himself and the team's poor results

Oh, I understood that You meant that hence I wrote it. I might not post a lot but reading the (mostly rightfully I might say) LJ slackings and this time he's not making up any false excuses.

1 hour ago, eardun said:

I can only think a better place for his ankle remains at the base of his leg . 

25 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

Sounds like our medical team and LJ just thought it was part of the recovery and he needed to play to get that extra 5% 

3 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

I was probably posting more in response to some people suggesting we should get rid of him...which I think is bonkers.

1 hour ago, Gratz260689 said:

Absolute shit by Nagy and Johnson why play unfit? Korey and Massengo been better than him by a country mile for the last 6 week!! Shambles by the club and player there!! 

Let’s not forget how good he was v Fulham away.  He hasn’t been below par in all games.  We’ve seen others, including Brownhill off-form too.  Some might suggest it’s tactics / coaching ?

53 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

What he’ll find at Champ level is that you sometimes can’t play if less than 100%, certainly not at Bristol City where we need as many players on form (and fit) to get a result....we are about the sum of the parts.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What he’ll find at Champ level is that you sometimes can’t play if less than 100%, certainly not at Bristol City where we need as many players on form (and fit) to get a result....we are about the sum of the parts.

I do wonder if a lack of changes from a number of games in quick succession played its part in the Brentford debacle...

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's been clear since they have both been back that they are not 100%. They are half the players they used to be. People have been quick to criticise them but fail to take into account their injuries. They are both extremely talented players, you dont suddenly become a bad player over night like some seem to think they have become.

Get the OP over and done with now, get him nice and fit for the end of season run in. 

The difference with JD is he has come back and he actually looks fit, he looks ready to play again. Kalas and Nagy didnt.

Archived