Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

cityexile

Your Highlight of the decade!

Highlight of the decade  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Yea we won a double.

Yea we beat Man U last minute...

In the last decade, theres only one winner. Nothing tops beating Rovers 2-1 in the second round of the paint dry trophy. Love it love it love it and can't wait for the next derby.

I couldn't care less if we never play them again🤷

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Chucking in Carlisle away to anyone who went, no away win in months to see a win 4-2? Also Lewis Dunk playing for City before injury I believe in that game... 

Remember driving up wondering what we were doing. Questioning at every junction if we should just turn around and not bother. JETS perfect hat trick was worth every mile

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Chucking in Carlisle away to anyone who went, no away win in months to see a win 4-2? Also Lewis Dunk playing for City before injury I believe in that game... 

I think you mean no win at all for months. That Carlisle victory was our first win of the 13/14 season, it was at the very end of October. 

It came nearly eight months after our last win in a League match when we beat Middlesbrough 2-0 at the beginning of March. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

Going 1.0 up at the Etihad in a Semi Final of a major Cup competition was surreal AND we were playing some really good football and all of the plaudits that followed made me very proud to be a Bristol City fan but doing the Lower League Double has to be the moment of the decade. Historically its up there along with finishing runners up in the league, the F A Cup final and promotion to the first division, that was its significance.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2019 at 15:13, cidercity1987 said:

The Utd game was nice but nothing compared to a few others on the list. I didn't find Bristol's best team beating Manchester's second team as once in a lifetime experience as some on here as I feel that's levels we should be competing at. Many clubs have beaten Utd this decade. Not many have cantered to a league title with a 6-0 win.

Not a bad Man U second team to be fair! Bryan’s goal v Man U is also one of my favourites of all time - cracking move and a great strike, plus I was right in line as the ball came towards me! 7E5E7314-5FA8-4A47-AB7C-5A31A38621FD.thumb.png.17851a6e0f2db06a234f01a4e39a724d.png

9 minutes ago, eardun said:

Not a bad Man U second team to be fair! Bryan’s goal v Man U is also one of my favourites of all time - cracking move and a great strike, plus I was right in line as the ball came towards me! 7E5E7314-5FA8-4A47-AB7C-5A31A38621FD.thumb.png.17851a6e0f2db06a234f01a4e39a724d.png

I meant the second team in Manchester behind Man City however yes the reserves of Manchester's second team. It wasnt an unexpected win to me. Someone else has raised the point of the Man City game, being up against them away from home when they were almost unbeatable, that was brilliant.

45 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I meant the second team in Manchester behind Man City however yes the reserves of Manchester's second team. It wasnt an unexpected win to me. Someone else has raised the point of the Man City game, being up against them away from home when they were almost unbeatable, that was brilliant.

Fair enough although it was the context as well for me; not often you win a cup Q final in the last minute.