IGNORED

Team for Brentford

Will b11

33 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

Unchanged team I would go for personally - Bentley , Hunt , Kalas , Williams , Dasilva , Watkins , Brownhill , Nagy , Eliasson , Weimann , Diedhiou 

Keep the defence as it was Sunday but think we need fresh legs in midfield as this will be 3 games in 7 days 

Smith or Massengo to come in for Nagy as we need to have fresh legs for this game. Happy if Watkins starts as thought he did well and gave us an aerial threat 

If LJ goes 352 then we could have Smith, Massengo & Brownhill in midfield I suppose 

5 hours ago, Will b11 said:

Unchanged team I would go for personally - Bentley , Hunt , Kalas , Williams , Dasilva , Watkins , Brownhill , Nagy , Eliasson , Weimann , Diedhiou 

4 hours ago, INCRED said:

Keep the defence as it was Sunday but think we need fresh legs in midfield as this will be 3 games in 7 days 

Smith or Massengo to come in for Nagy as we need to have fresh legs for this game. Happy if Watkins starts as thought he did well and gave us an aerial threat 

If LJ goes 352 then we could have Smith, Massengo & Brownhill in midfield I suppose 

A toss-up for me whether you go same side, but expect to need to refresh players around the hour....or you bring in fresh legs like Smith at the start.

Would stay 442, and let them worry about Eliasson and Watkins.  I posted my reasons elsewhere.

We say all the time let teams worry about us. Same team same approach for me. We lose 4-2 all good for me if we have intent.

Can make a case for rotating 1 or 2 but who? Korey for me is done. Maybe he starts and plays a blinder but I need to see a good game to get back to thinking he can contribute. Maybe Massengo for Nagy Brentford don’t have the largest midfield so think Massengo could compete. 

You could match them but means dropping Fam or Weimann which I am not keen on. So yea all in all I go same team and try to cause same problems we did Luton. 

The only change that’s a possibly is midfield. Smith in for Nagy simply to add some physicality but we don’t know if everyone has recovered fully from the Luton game given the relatively short turn around.

The defence picks itself as do Weimann and Famara.

For me  Id love to see LJ Put A fresh Massengo and Moore into the team , I think it would be ideal to have Massengo in a midfield 3 yes i know we are home

I think we can be as creative aslong as weimann,Eliasson,Hunt and Dasilva start! With Moore playing it out from the back  or no moore and 4 3 3 formation.

So it could either be 3-5-1-1

Weimann

Eliasson

Dasilva Massengo nagy brownhil Hunt

Williams kalas Moore

Bentley

Or 

4-3-3

Eliasson-Fam -Weimann

Massengo brownhil nagy

Dasilva baker williams Hunt

Bentley 

9 hours ago, RedDave said:

Would be madness to play the same team again. Brentford pose unique problems that need to be countered 

I agree and also think we have more depth than some seasons other than upfront, so its silly to not use it during the festive period. 

I'd play...think we need to be more physical against Brentford. They don't like it up em so to speak.

Maybe Smith in centre. With the intention of bringing Eliasson on.

_______________Bents_______________

______Kalas____Williams___Baker_____

Hunt_____Nagy_____HNM_____DaSilva

_____________Brownhill______________

_______Watkins________Weimann_____

On balance, same side but with modified tactics. 

By which I mean more counterattacking, yet with a strong press (medium to high line), and when I say counterattacking I don't mean defensive but positive without the ball. 

Possession if we do this wouldn't be a huge priority..would be quite stupid to try and outpossess etc with this team IMO. 

When I say medium to high press, put the squeeze on when they come into midfield yet throw in occasional bursts of high pressure as and when- see the goal that settled their game v Millwall as a good example! 

I'm all for playing out from the back but that was a nonsense! A gift.

50 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'd play...think we need to be more physical against Brentford. They don't like it up em so to speak.

Maybe Smith in centre. With the intention of bringing Eliasson on...

_______________Bents_______________

______Kalas____Williams___Baker_____

Hunt_____Nagy_____HNM_____DaSilva

_____________Brownhill______________

_______Watkins________Weimann_____

... when we're losing.

Now where have i seen this before?

Why not just play Eliasson. I really don't get it. Brentford don't leave out that quality winger they have for games against tough opponents do they?

Eliasson is unplayable. Bloody start him LJ. Even if we play 352. He clearly looks quality in any attacking area of the pitch, he's a level above the attacking players we have.

24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Why not just play Eliasson. I really don't get it. Brentford don't leave out that quality winger they have for games against tough opponents do they?

Eliasson is unplayable. Bloody start him LJ. Even if we play 352. He clearly looks quality in any attacking area of the pitch, he's a level above the attacking players we have.

I'd play Eliasson if we matched them 433.

15 hours ago, RedDave said:

Would be madness to play the same team again. Brentford pose unique problems that need to be countered 

Very LJ (or indeed a Johnson family trait) to worry about the opposition instead of imposing our style on them. Keep the same team and go for it. Yes, Brentford is a tough game but they're hardly invincible, and because they'll play and not sit it should suit our counter attack style. 

Brentford have lost the most away games in the top half of the Championship (7) - not a great away record by any means.

Six of those by one goal.

Watkins and Mbeumo have scored 65% of their goals.

Keep it tight and get all over Watkins and Mbeumo and jobs a good 'un.

23 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Very LJ (or indeed a Johnson family trait) to worry about the opposition instead of imposing our style on them. Keep the same team and go for it. Yes, Brentford is a tough game but they're hardly invincible, and because they'll play and not sit it should suit our counter attack style. 

By go for it, could you define?

Do you mean go for it attacking wise, do you mean go for it in terms of a basketball game- ie we attack, you attack, try and dominate the ball- could you be a bit more specific in the ideal tactical blueprint?

Worth noting as well that only 40-45% of Championship games have resulted in a home win this season.

@bcfc01 Feels like a possible draw tomorrow to me, but the 7 away losses gives hope...they've won 5, drawn 1 and lost 7...conceded a shade under a goal a game on the road though!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Do you mean go for it attacking wise, do you mean go for it in terms of a basketball game- ie we attack, you attack, try and dominate the ball- could you be a bit more specific in the ideal tactical blueprint?

Worth noting as well that only 40-45% of Championship games have resulted in a home win this season.

Play on the front foot and, to use a basketball analogy, adopt a high court press. Brentford like to play out from the back and can be caught out as Millwall showed. 

8 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Play on the front foot and, to use a basketball analogy, adopt a high court press. Brentford like to play out from the back and can be caught out as Millwall showed. 

If we play the same team as Sunday though, I suspect we'll have <50% possession. If we're fine with that then I'm inclined.

High press? I'd use more sparingly personally however a good weapon, the medium press though, yeah 100%...but the goal they conceded to Millwall, yes credit where it's due but that was a gift- I doubt they'll piss about to that extent again! Just watched some highlights, my assertion was a bit damning but still Brentford were somewhat culpable in it!

On a general note, I feel we don't sufficently press, regardless of opposition.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@bcfc01 Feels like a possible draw tomorrow to me, but the 7 away losses gives hope...they've won 5, drawn 1 and lost 7...conceded a shade under a goal a game on the road though!

They seem to be a boom or bust side away from home.

Hope its bust tomorrow but, like you, I think a draw is on the cards.

Given the ridiculous odds for a City win though, I'll be having a few quid on that.

Archived