IGNORED

Closer Rovers links - bad commercial sense?

B-Rizzle

With the players we have out on loan already, I don't think it will make a lot of difference what club he goes to geographically.

So on that basis, I'm not convinced a move to the Fewers is in his best interests. Especially working under a manager with no managerial experience who was never a professional players.

He might as well come and work for me, he'll learn as much about football as he will do there.

I think we're mainly agreed that he needs to go out on loan to a half decent league one club where he is guaranteed game time. I think Sunderland be a bad move as there is too much pressure, at Rovers on the other hand he might get too much hassle if things went wrong (or right :)). I don't want him putting the Gas in the play-offs but I would love it if he could go there and score a hatful only for them to fail to get promoted at the final hurdle.

I don’t care about them or any other club tbh. 

I suppose if the unimaginable happened and they get promoted (and we aren’t in the prem) then the 2 local derbies would be interesting, but apart from that I simply don’t care...... if it works out financially good for us to loan to them then fine. 

Are people really so fickle to say that if he did go there they’d not want him to do well? Baffles me. If he goes there on loan and doesn’t perform well, they’ll just drop him. If he performs well, yes they might be promoted, but it’d give us an excellent option next season because get this, he’s not signing for them on a permanent. Don’t care if they get promoted, we should worry about us and not them, and if loan wise Rovers makes the most sense then loan him there. Don’t want him to go to Newport because that brings him no closer to the first team 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

With the players we have out on loan already, I don't think it will make a lot of difference what club he goes to geographically.

So on that basis, I'm not convinced a move to the Fewers is in his best interests. Especially working under a manager with no managerial experience who was never a professional players.

He might as well come and work for me, he'll learn as much about football as he will do there.

Garner might not have been a manager or a player but he’s undoubtedly a good coach. He was instrumental in bringing through a lot of young players at Crystal Palace, such as Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Victor Moses, Nathaniel Clyne, Wilfried Zaha, Sean Scannel, Jonny Williams and John Bostock. I know he’s at the sags, but developing young players is actually something he’s renowned for. Considering their need for a striker other than Clarke-Harris, I’d imagine it would be a good move. 

24 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Are people really so fickle to say that if he did go there they’d not want him to do well? Baffles me. If he goes there on loan and doesn’t perform well, they’ll just drop him. If he performs well, yes they might be promoted, but it’d give us an excellent option next season because get this, he’s not signing for them on a permanent. Don’t care if they get promoted, we should worry about us and not them, and if loan wise Rovers makes the most sense then loan him there. Don’t want him to go to Newport because that brings him no closer to the first team 

They publicly accused us of wrongdoing over the Taylor transfer despite his release clause appearing to be fairly common knowledge for months prior to his signing. They made a big song and dance about the 2 clubs never, ever doing business again. So **** the gas, **** their shit little fan base and **** their attempts at Promotion.

20 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

20 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Imagine the abuse those deranged idiots would dish out to one of ours....even if he was doing well for them. Wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

20 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I would not give them the steam off of my piss. Far from wanting them , or even helping them to get promoted , I want to see them go the other way. 
Imagine if the roles were reversed, would they help us out? Not a chance Fukc 'em

19 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

We shouldn't give them diddly squat, not even the steam off uncle Steve's piss. 

Careful Irene is into Watersports!

22 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

Recently, there was a local news report along the lines of City/Rovers developing a closer relationship regarding loans etc. Today, Semenyo is linked as favourite to join them on loan.

Sending a loan player down the road is appealing for obvious reasons but considering Rovers are pushing for the play-offs isn’t it a terrible commercial idea to help them out? In terms of attracting new fans/tourists in Bristol, don’t you want your rivals as far away from you as possible?

Rovers in the championship (humongous if still!) wouldn’t be great for BCFC - would it?

Only benefit of links is to them. Like old firm touching themselves about joining the Premier league. 

10 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Hate them. Always have done, always will. But do miss the local derbies.

But playing devils advocate, if they did get promoted, it would make Lansdown focus the mind ref ensuring our results being better than them,. It would add a bit of needle/passion back into Bristol football (like a library at AG at the moment).

it would also add a bit of “gentle pressure” in LJ ensuring this inconsistency of form stops. At the moment he can go on a relegation style run and still know his job is 100% safe. So don’t want them coming up, but all is not lost if they do IMO. But I will be in the minority I know.

You sound as though you have a bout of gaslogic here, I highly doubt SL is the slightest bit worried about what they are doing, he wouldn’t give those weirdos a seconds thought.

Or if your a Fewer he’s behind literally everything that goes wrong at their tin pot outfit.

Archived