Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

TomF

The Dead of 2020 / OTIB Death Pool

Recommended Posts

As promised - we’ll run this thread as a general RIP/Fallen list along side the death pool. The easily offended are probably best leaving the thread now. 

Pick your ten hits for 2020 -  you can choose one as a joker which will get you double points.  1 point for anyone 85+, 2 points for 65-85 and 3 for anyone below 65.

Few rules - only one joker per year. You may replace any hits but they only become active after 5 days.  You cannot choose yourself and if you are found to be involved in any of your picks deaths then your excluded too. 

You may want to use deathlist.net as a useful tool for research.   Entries by PM to me.  Go..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2019 at 13:30, Lanterne Rouge said:

Do we have to nominate our joker now or can we wait until we hear someone`s got ill?

Sorry yes when you submit your list. 
 

I’ll be updating thread tomorrow once I’ve regained normality  - anyone else want to join in message me.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throwing down the lists for 2020:

Phantom:

The Queen (Joker)
Prince Phillip
Kirk Douglas
Paul Gascoigne
Tommy Robinson
Sean Connery
Tony Bennett
Angela Lansbury
Michael J Fox
Sarah Hyland

BigTone:

Prince Phillip (Joker)
Barbara Windsor
George Alaguyer 
Ossie Osbourne
Cliff Richard
Kirk Douglas
June Brown
King Salman of Saudi Arabia
Julie Andrews
Ronnie Wood

One Team in Keynsham:

David Attenborough
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Prince Phillip
Michael J Fox
Jimmy Carter
Billy Connolly (Joker)
Michael Schumacher
Harvey Weinstein
Kirk Douglas
Alex Trebek

Ronnie Sinclair:

Dick Van Dyke
Joss Ackland
Petula Clark
Harvey Weinstein (Joker) 
Pete Murray
Nobby Stiles
Olivia Newton-John
Geoffrey Palmer
Tom Baker
Terry Jones

Maesknoll Red:

Prince Phillip  (Joker)
The Queen
Kirk Douglas
Mickey Thomas
Danny Wallace
Bob Dylan
Keith Richards
Paul McCartney
Jeremy Corbyn
Olivia Newton John

TomF:

Prince Phillip
Kirk Douglas (Joker)
Vera Lynn
Jimmy Carter
Daniel arap Moi
Leon Spinks
Nobby Stiles
Peter Sutcliffe
Mikhaïl Gorbachev
Jimmy Greaves

Med/Mad Hatter:

Kirk Douglas
Prince Philip
David Jason
Vera Lynn
Peter Sutcliffe (Joker)
Murray Walker
Charlie Sheen
Caitlyn Jenner
Michael Douglas
David Attenborough

Lanterne Rouge:

Lester Pigott
Julie Andrews
Sir Alex Ferguson
Terry Jones (Joker)
Geoffrey Boycott
Henry Blofeld
Little Richard
James Bolam
Michael Caine
John Cleese

Anymore fire em over..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derek Acorah of most haunted dead at 69.  Perhaps he can go and help Mary get what she needs now:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomF said:

Derek Acorah of most haunted dead at 69.  Perhaps he can go and help Mary get what she needs now:

 

I'm sure I had him on my list Tom

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daored said:

Prince Andrew might go missing this year !!

With any luck

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2020 at 10:04, TomF said:

Throwing down the lists for 2020:

Phantom:

The Queen (Joker)
Prince Phillip
Kirk Douglas
Paul Gascoigne
Tommy Robinson
Sean Connery
Tony Bennett
Angela Lansbury
Michael J Fox
Sarah Hyland

BigTone:

Prince Phillip (Joker)
Barbara Windsor
George Alaguyer 
Ossie Osbourne
Cliff Richard
Kirk Douglas
June Brown
King Salman of Saudi Arabia
Julie Andrews
Ronnie Wood

One Team in Keynsham:

David Attenborough
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Prince Phillip
Michael J Fox
Jimmy Carter
Billy Connolly (Joker)
Michael Schumacher
Harvey Weinstein
Kirk Douglas
Alex Trebek

Ronnie Sinclair:

Dick Van Dyke
Joss Ackland
Petula Clark
Harvey Weinstein (Joker) 
Pete Murray
Nobby Stiles
Olivia Newton-John
Geoffrey Palmer
Tom Baker
Terry Jones

Maesknoll Red:

Prince Phillip  (Joker)
The Queen
Kirk Douglas
Mickey Thomas
Danny Wallace
Bob Dylan
Keith Richards
Paul McCartney
Jeremy Corbyn
Olivia Newton John

TomF:

Prince Phillip
Kirk Douglas (Joker)
Vera Lynn
Jimmy Carter
Daniel arap Moi
Leon Spinks
Nobby Stiles
Peter Sutcliffe
Mikhaïl Gorbachev
Jimmy Greaves

Med/Mad Hatter:

Kirk Douglas
Prince Philip
David Jason
Vera Lynn
Peter Sutcliffe (Joker)
Murray Walker
Charlie Sheen
Caitlyn Jenner
Michael Douglas
David Attenborough

Lanterne Rouge:

Lester Pigott
Julie Andrews
Sir Alex Ferguson
Terry Jones (Joker)
Geoffrey Boycott
Henry Blofeld
Little Richard
James Bolam
Michael Caine
John Cleese

Anymore fire em over..

Few more contenders added to the mix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much longer before someone has a go at The Donald ? 

… recent events, present climate etc, it wouldn't surprise me to be honest unrest at home and abroad, wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

How much longer before someone has a go at The Donald ? 

… recent events, present climate etc, it wouldn't surprise me to be honest unrest at home and abroad, wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now.

They said that about Obama too and he survived. Most of the gun loons in US probably look up to DT rather than hate 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2020 at 13:08, TomF said:

They said that about Obama too and he survived. Most of the gun loons in US probably look up to DT rather than hate 

Yeah I don’t see him being assassinated.

But he’s not the healthiest bloke in the world and  is in his 70s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Yeah I don’t see him being assassinated.

But he’s not the healthiest bloke in the world and  is in his 70s.

The security around the President of America is incredibly tight.  No wannabe assassin can get within a mile in a line of fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The security around the President of America is incredibly tight.  No wannabe assassin can get within a mile in a line of fire. 

That’s basically what I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Erithacus said:

It was a few years ago but tell that to old hopalong Reagan.

RR.png.ebb8b2b91cb608856df0325bc6dd288f.png

I think that's the last one?  Nearly 40 years ago, given how loopy the US is with school shootings etc its surprising nobody else has had a pop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2020 at 03:01, Med/MadHatter said:

Ghislaine Maxwell should keep her head down that's for sure!

No answer to that really

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Robbored said:

The security around the President of America is incredibly tight.  No wannabe assassin can get within a mile in a line of fire. 

Not strictly true. Some years ago I was staying at a hotel near Ft Lauderdale airport, across Griffin Road from the far reaches of the runway. Dubya happened to be in town that day, and Air Force One was parked on that patch of runway. As he came down the steps I had a clear line to him, and defo under a mile, although I suspect I would not have evaded the Secret Service in the bloody aftermath. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Neil Peart...Rush

Not many 'celebrity' deaths bother me in the slightest but Rush, and Neil Peart in particular, were a huge part of my life growing up. Neil to this day remains one of the people in this world I admire above others. #1 on my dream dinner party list every single time.

 

RIP

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Super said:

Monty Python star Terry Jones has died at the age of 77

RIP Terry. Made I laugh. He's not the Messiah.................he's a very naughty boy 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Sorry its my fault for having him on my list :(

Me too. I must admit I heard an interview with Michael Palin a month or two back where he said he anticipated Terry would pass away soon as he was in the final stages of dementia and that`s why I included him if I`m being honest but take no pleasure from being right.

RIP Terry. You were one of the funniest men around and have left a lot of us with some very happy memories.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated - 22/1 - Terry Jones RIP

Phantom:

The Queen (Joker)
Prince Phillip
Kirk Douglas
Paul Gascoigne
Tommy Robinson
Sean Connery
Tony Bennett
Angela Lansbury
Michael J Fox
Sarah Hyland

BigTone:

Prince Phillip (Joker)
Barbara Windsor
George Alaguyer 
Ossie Osbourne
Cliff Richard
Kirk Douglas
June Brown
King Salman of Saudi Arabia
Julie Andrews
Ronnie Wood

One Team in Keynsham:

David Attenborough
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Prince Phillip
Michael J Fox
Jimmy Carter
Billy Connolly (Joker)
Michael Schumacher
Harvey Weinstein
Kirk Douglas
Alex Trebek

Ronnie Sinclair:

Dick Van Dyke
Joss Ackland
Petula Clark
Harvey Weinstein (Joker) 
Pete Murray
Nobby Stiles
Olivia Newton-John
Geoffrey Palmer
Tom Baker
Terry Jones

Mary Berry - Replacement active as of 27/1/2020

Maesknoll Red:

Prince Phillip  (Joker)
The Queen
Kirk Douglas
Mickey Thomas
Danny Wallace
Bob Dylan
Keith Richards
Paul McCartney
Jeremy Corbyn
Olivia Newton John

TomF:

Prince Phillip
Kirk Douglas (Joker)
Vera Lynn
Jimmy Carter
Daniel arap Moi
Leon Spinks
Nobby Stiles
Peter Sutcliffe
Mikhaïl Gorbachev
Jimmy Greaves

Med/Mad Hatter:

Kirk Douglas
Prince Philip
David Jason
Vera Lynn
Peter Sutcliffe (Joker)
Murray Walker
Charlie Sheen
Caitlyn Jenner
Michael Douglas
David Attenborough

Lanterne Rouge:

Lester Pigott
Julie Andrews
Sir Alex Ferguson
Terry Jones (Joker)
Geoffrey Boycott
Henry Blofeld
Little Richard
James Bolam
Michael Caine
John Cleese

Rolf Harris  - Replacement active as of 27/1/2020

League Table:

Lanterne Rouge - 4pts

Ronnie Sinclair - 2pts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

RIP Kobe Bryant.

Awful.  I’m a Boston Celtics fan, but when we went to LA, we went to a Lakers game (after Kobe stopped playing), but his face is everywhere.

Anything accident like this is tragic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And his daughter was on the helicopter too. News hitting pretty hard as basketball was my thing growing up and Kobe was the best for a long time. RIP to all that were on board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Quite tragic, but, TBH ,I'd never heard of him .

Slarti, same here yet BBC make him sound as though we should have 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Quite tragic, but, TBH ,I'd never heard of him .

My dad is the same tbh. Probably a generation thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Slarti, same here yet BBC make him sound as though we should have 

Just makes it sound like a hell of a lot of people have heard of him, which is correct. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...