Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

The Dead of 2020 / OTIB Death Pool

Veteran stage and film actor Sir Ian Holm, who played Bilbo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings films and the android Ash in the 1979 Alien film, has died aged 88.

Very sad to hear that movie director Joel Schumacher has died aged 80.  I was in a movie directed by Joel and he was genuinely a really nice guy. RIP Joel, you were a lovely man. I will forever remember your encouragement " good work Tony, good work".  I am a very sad man tonight.

Edited by BigTone
  • Sad 1
20 hours ago, BigTone said:

Very sad to hear that movie director Joel Schumacher has died aged 80.  I was in a movie directed by Joel and he was genuinely a really nice guy. RIP Joel, you were a lovely man. I will forever remember your encouragement " good work Tony, good work".  I am a very sad man tonight.

Condensed version.

😢

• Sad 1
On 22/06/2020 at 19:26, BigTone said:

Go o, which film ?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Jackie Charlton passes away aged 85. Another World Cup winner gone.

Another one of our era gone RIP wor Jackie

Edited by oldstandrobin
  • Sad 1
38 minutes ago, TomF said:

Kelly Preston - John Travolta's wife dead at 57 due to Brest Cancer.  

2 year battle. Very sad. 

What I find strange, and no finger pointing to you Mr Tom as the media have done it too, is say that she's John Travolta's wife in the headline. She had a career in her own right. They could have just said actress Kelly Preston dies in the headline then allude to who she is married to down the line. 

Had it been the other way around, I doubt they'd have said John Travolta. Kelly Preston's husband passes away 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, The Batman said:

2 year battle. Very sad. 

What I find strange, and no finger pointing to you Mr Tom as the media have done it too, is say that she's John Travolta's wife in the headline. She had a career in her own right. They could have just said actress Kelly Preston dies in the headline then allude to who she is married to down the line. 

Had it been the other way around, I doubt they'd have said John Travolta. Kelly Preston's husband passes away 

No I agree, I guess he is one of the Hollywood A-List so its envitable.   Pretty tough for the bloke - lost his son and wife now

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, TomF said:

No I agree, I guess he is one of the Hollywood A-List so its envitable.   Pretty tough for the bloke - lost his son and wife now

Yes very sad for him. 

A quick glance on Google of her name and going to the news tab, most allude to her being John Travolta's wife in the headline, but others dont. Since the otib update, I can't add a screenshot but I've just done it and top 2 are John Travolta's wife dies, third is celebrities pay tribute to her and fourth is John Travolta pays tribute to wife.