Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

The Dead of 2020 / OTIB Death Pool

29 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It might just be that we`re all growing old together.

I hope I remain growing old longer than some of these famous types. Good job I'm only a legend in my own lunchtime.

• Like 3
On 29/04/2020 at 13:28, Ronnie Sinclair said:

its like 2016 again isn't it?

Yep it feels like it. 

Mind you I'm still not over Bowie going.  He choose a pretty good 70 year chunk of the universe to exist. 1947 to 2016.

Can't deal with another as good as him going this year, not sure who'd you'd be able to compare to his death this year. 

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Yep it feels like it. 

Mind you I'm still not over Bowie going.  He choose a pretty good 70 year chunk of the universe to exist. 1947 to 2016.

Can't deal with another as good as him going this year, not sure who'd you'd be able to compare to his death this year. 

It`s something I`ve considered sometimes - who would have the same global impact as Bowie when they went. I came up with a few possibles;

Bob Dylan

Paul McCartney

Mick Jagger

Madonna

Elton John

Rod Stewart

There`s a few more that would have a huge impact over here like Ringo Starr, Tom Jones, Phil Collins, Brian May, Ray Davies or Cliff Richard but globally I can`t think of too many more.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s something I`ve considered sometimes - who would have the same global impact as Bowie when they went. I came up with a few possibles;

Bob Dylan

Paul McCartney

Mick Jagger

Madonna

Elton John

Rod Stewart

There`s a few more that would have a huge impact over here like Ringo Starr, Tom Jones, Phil Collins, Brian May, Ray Davies or Cliff Richard but globally I can`t think of too many more.

Springsteen

Stevie Wonder

The Cheeky Girls

42 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The top two yes, the third, only in Lembit Opik`s house.

Streisand would be another.

Barry Gibb - last surviving BeeGee

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Dave Greenfield of The Stranglers aged 71 - absolutely gutted

So shocked and saddened at this. Another covid victim. 

Dave was a true innovator and a nice chap. 

RIP 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
25 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Dave Greenfield of The Stranglers aged 71 - absolutely gutted

What a shit year this is turning into. I was half expecting Jet might go as he`s been very ill for years and is 81 but not Dave.

RIP big man.

• Sad 2

Gutted about the death of Dave Greenfield. Always been in my life since I saw them (The Stranglers) aged 12 , about 70 odd gigs ago. He was a magnificent  keyboard player whose melodies will live on. 

• Like 1

RIP Dave Greenfield. I remember being so excited by The Stranglers playing Hanging Around live on the Old Grey Whistle Test. Dave playing one handed keyboards whilst holding a can of lager in the other. I can't find that version but this is from a year later.

I am also a huge fan of the Stranglers and rate  Dave Greenfield as the best keyboard player ever . Full Stop .

I was lucky enough to see them for the last time in the Summer of 2018 and Dave had lost nothing of his incredible talent.

My thoughts go out to his family , loved ones and the fans in black .

When Cornwell left the group he was , finally, replaced by Baz and the band rolled on . I can’t see how they can continue now as Dave was irreplaceable. 

Sad times indeed .

Fly straight Dave .

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I am also a huge fan of the Stranglers and rate  Dave Greenfield as the best keyboard player ever . Full Stop .

I was lucky enough to see them for the last time in the Summer of 2018 and Dave had lost nothing of his incredible talent.

My thoughts go out to his family , loved ones and the fans in black .

When Cornwell left the group he was , finally, replaced by Baz and the band rolled on . I can’t see how they can continue now as Dave was irreplaceable. 

Sad times indeed .

Fly straight Dave .

He was said to be on a par with Ray Manzarek of The Doors and I find it hard to disagree with that. I think you could be right about the band too - Dave`s gone, Jet`s in really poor health so it`s left to Jean-Jaques to decide I guess.

16 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Millie Small, aged 73, singer of 'My Girl Lollipop'.

God, more of my youth disappearing , RIP Millie , a joy to watch her when she recorded this.

3 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Millie Small, aged 73, singer of 'My Girl Lollipop'.

And just in case someone is about to post a young Rod Stewart played the harmonica solo, that's a myth.

4 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

And just in case someone is about to post a young Rod Stewart played the harmonica solo, that's a myth.

Yes, was about to post something along those lines (although according to the BBC News it was Millie that said Rod played the solo, which Rod denied).  Reminds me of the myth that Bob Holness played the saxophone solo on Jerry Rafferty's Baker Street. RIP Millie.

10 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Yes, was about to post something along those lines (although according to the BBC News it was Millie that said Rod played the solo, which Rod denied).  Reminds me of the myth that Bob Holness played the saxophone solo on Jerry Rafferty's Baker Street. RIP Millie.

Really? Bob Holness instead of Rab Ravenscroft! That might explain why the sax solo is so loud...."I'll have an f please Bob!" (Musical joke hopefully).

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

Really? Bob Holness instead of Rab Ravenscroft! That might explain why the sax solo is so loud...."I'll have an f please Bob!" (Musical joke hopefully).

Blockbusters makes a come back in the year 2075

Spotty little oik:  "Uh, can i have a P please, Bob (or whoever it is hosting) ? snigger, snigger...

Host: For sure. "What P swept the world in 2020 and totally pissed everybody off because for months on end nobody was allowed out, football got scrapped etc etc ?

Little oik: "The coronavirus?

Host: "Beginning with P. Sorry, pandemic is the answer I was looking for"

Little oik: "Shit, of course it was. My great grandad used to bang on about it"

Edited by AppyDAZE
1 hour ago, New Dazzler said:

According to Danny Baker they were both early versions of fake news created by the staff at the NME to see how far it would go. Another one was that Danny had inadvertently killed Bob Marley by tackling him in an exhibition football match and the injury became infected and Bob died from it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Just stumbled on this story too.

Verdammte Scheiße.