IGNORED

Football League team of the decade

Dr Balls

Saw this in the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/30/football-league-team-of-the-decade-schmeichel-sharp

Luke Ayling makes it in as right back. Considering he had 2 promotions from League 1 to the Championship  in the 2010s and could go one better with Leeds this season, you can understand the reasoning.

And we sold him for how much? 750,000? I know there were other circumstances after the Cheltenham episode, but no wonder some view us as small fry compared to Leeds to let him go for quite so small an amount.

4 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/30/football-league-team-of-the-decade-schmeichel-sharp

Luke Ayling makes it in as right back. Considering he had 2 promotions from League 1 to the Championship  in the 2010s and could go one better with Leeds this season, you can understand the reasoning.

And we sold him for how much? 750,000? I know there were other circumstances after the Cheltenham episode, but no wonder some view us as small fry compared to Leeds to let him go for quite so small an amount.

Thought he was superb against Birmingham the other day , and rightly credited for his performance by the TV pundits.

7 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

The quote at the time was that they didn't want to stand in his way, and couldn't offer him a better deal or whatever Leeds were offering. Maybe he was superkeen on the move, and Leeds would have been half a step up but with Pi$$Gate I'm sure LJ was keen to be shot. Very disappointed at that time that he left, and he is still to be adaquately replaced.

I must be one of the few who never did, and still don’t, rate him as a right back defensively. 

On the ball and going forward he is outstanding, but his positioning is so often non existent and his defensive ability isn’t that strong, especially for someone who gets so much praise 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

I must be one of the few who never did, and still don’t, rate him as a right back defensively. 

On the ball and going forward he is outstanding, but his positioning is so often non existent and his defensive ability isn’t that strong, especially for someone who gets so much praise 

His positioning at Cheltenham was certainly naive

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The quote at the time was that they didn't want to stand in his way, and couldn't offer him a better deal or whatever Leeds were offering. Maybe he was superkeen on the move, and Leeds would have been half a step up but with Pi$$Gate I'm sure LJ was keen to be shot. Very disappointed at that time that he left, and he is still to be adaquately replaced.

Passing watergate?

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

You're not alone....

Archived