IGNORED

Are southstanders more fickle?

the frampton balti

I sat in williams on sunday.

I couldnt help noticing that there was loads of empty seats in the south stand whereas the dolman was practically full. I deduce that because the game was sold out almost in the southstand that these empty seats were season ticket holders that either moved like myself or more likely simply did not turn up. What did the williams look like.? Are dolman fans less fickle than southstanders ? Are johnson complainers mainly southstanders ??? Not that interesting but a little bit ....there really was a massive difference in the number of empties...

When I was in the Family section of the Lansdown last season, I always thought there were a lot of empty seats in the South Stand considering I couldn't get four STs in a row there.

I think people either buy there not expecting to make every match, or people buy kids tickets as well and then rarely/never take them.

I must confess that because of the logistics of getting from that london I only attend around 13 home games a year.  Fewer saturday games each year doesnt help. However i dont think my situation is that common. Did seem that dolmon was almost full though. Maybe there are less season t holders there??

5 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Sit in the SS in S19. Good view of the pitch from there and cheap as a senior at £300 a year. Lot of prawn sandwich around where I sit so can explain sometimes if lots of seats vacant.

1 minute ago, oldstandrobin said:

Sit in the SS in S19. Good view of the pitch from there and cheap as a senior at £300 a year. Lot of prawn sandwich around where I sit so can explain sometimes if lots of seats vacant.

Sit in S21, mixed kind of crowd (age wise), families and groups. Not sure what constitutes a prawn sandwich (possibly me) but they are all usually there every game.

9 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Sit in S21, mixed kind of crowd (age wise), families and groups. Not sure what constitutes a prawn sandwich (possibly me) but they are all usually there every game.

Max....its the Hospitality seats, my mates son works for BCFC and a lot of that area is hospitality, Seats are also padded for tender bot bots !!

7 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

You must drink in the packet!!

Used to be a publican before food took over, punters always like a gert big cheese and bunion roll with their pint, used to drink in The Miners when I lived on Winterstoke Road under the watchful gaze of Madge, the landlady. Happy days

• Admin
1 hour ago, the frampton balti said:

I sat in williams on sunday.

I couldnt help noticing that there was loads of empty seats in the south stand whereas the dolman was practically full. I deduce that because the game was sold out almost in the southstand that these empty seats were season ticket holders that either moved like myself or more likely simply did not turn up. What did the williams look like.? Are dolman fans less fickle than southstanders ? Are johnson complainers mainly southstanders ??? Not that interesting but a little bit ....there really was a massive difference in the number of empties...

We know the club leave 10% of the S82 section empty, I wonder how many people from other parts of the South Stand fill this 10%?

16 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Used to be a publican before food took over, punters always like a gert big cheese and bunion roll with their pint, used to drink in The Miners when I lived on Winterstoke Road under the watchful gaze of Madge, the landlady. Happy days

The Reading House in Clevedon was my first local, Ham, cheese and onion or cheese and pickle, 50p & a pint of Blackthorn 48p. And 21 L&B £1.00.

2 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

The Reading House in Clevedon was my first local, Ham, cheese and onion or cheese and pickle, 50p & a pint of Blackthorn 48p. And 21 L&B £1.00.

Lived in Clevedon all my life (31 years) and never heard of that. Do you know if it’s still a pub? 

Archived