IGNORED

Holloway ...how the mighty have fallen!

Spoons

Much as I dislike Holloway and will feel better for not having his gurning face staring out of my TV each week, there is a touch of grudging respect here.

I’d be willing to bet a club with the resources of Grimsby aren’t particularly paying a great wedge. And it probably isn’t a massive uptick on what he gets from his media work. Yet despite that, at the age of what, 60, he’s taken the job that relies on him being at the other side of the country from his family 90% of the time. He probably didn’t need the job at his age/with the finances involved but seems to have taken it for the love of the game, so may be some respect due.

However, I still hope he sinks faster than Ladbabys Xmas #1 and is left clinging to the corpse of Harry D Haddock as he cries over the last vestiges of his career

“Ian and Kim have committed to selling up and moving into the area, seeing Grimsby as a long-term project.'

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/holloway-appointed-first-team-manager/

Of course you have Ian. You're going to swap your home town and salubrious pad in gods own West country for a flat in Cleethorpes. Yeah right! :liar:

22 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

“Ian and Kim have committed to selling up and moving into the area, seeing Grimsby as a long-term project.'

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/holloway-appointed-first-team-manager/

Of course you have Ian. You're going to swap your home town and salubrious pad in gods own West country for a flat in Cleethorpes. Yeah right! :liar:

He said on the EFL highlights show that he had moved house 42 times during his career, so a long term project for him is approx 6 months 

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't think our board would want him anywhere near our club and he knows that.

Bristol Post misquoting sound bites again? 

9 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Was he ever mighty?!

I still find it amazing how many people refer to him as this great manager. 

Mourinho started it by being outspoken but at least he could back it up 

Seems like he also has a seat on the board and a share holding as well as manager, it'll be difficult to get rid of him if it goes tits up.

As with everywhere, there are good places to live up there away from the dross and 500k or so will probably get him a big house with an acre or two in a nice area. So standard of living isn't compromised.

Not such a bad move for the bloke.

Be interesting to see how long the clown lasts up there.

Archived