IGNORED

Holloway ...how the mighty have fallen!

Spoons

36 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Why's that then, mate?  Is that just you or a general feeling amongst all Rovers fans?

Thought he was a cult (think I spelt that right ?) hero with your lot? 

Great player for us and had us playing some really good stuff when he was manager but that was 20 years ago . I'm not sure he would be right for us now.

18 minutes ago, bredwood said:

That’s depressing. He’s 56 - I thought he was at least 10 years older than me but in reality I’m a few years older than him.

Still find it hard to believe that I’m older than Nigel Farage and Andrea Leadsom.

That one shocked me when I saw it during the election campaign, would have had him down for early 60s at least.

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

As with everywhere, there are good places to live up there away from the dross and 500k or so will probably get him a big house with an acre or two in a nice area. So standard of living isn't compromised.

Plenty of space for a few chicken hutches then.

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

Good luck to the bloke. He's Bristolian and managed in the Premier League, not many examples of that! I can forget the Rovers stuff. Actually, it's easy to forget Rovers in general seeing as we never play them.

Who?

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

I went as well. Tuesday night ? Aaron brown scored? 

First one was the best headed goal I have seen from a City player from a corner (from the much and unjustifiably maligned Lee Miller) and the second was from Aaron with an overhead kick that nearly took someone's head off,  but the ref allowed it. 

The reason I have a lot of time for Grimsby Town is that my son and I arrived late and a steward led us around the edge of the pitch to our seats!

Brilliant, brilliant night.

1 minute ago, southvillekiddy said:

First one was the best headed goal I have seen from a City player from a corner (from the much and unjustifiably maligned Lee Miller) and the second was from Aaron with an overhead kick that nearly took someone's head off,  but the ref allowed it. 

The reason I have a lot of time for Grimsby Town is that my son and I arrived late and a steward led us around the edge of the pitch to our seats!

Brilliant, brilliant night.

Remember it well! Good times. I kind of miss away games to Grimsby on a Tuesday night!!

9 hours ago, kivsy said:

Not a bad set of fans , proper of school ground.  
I feel old last time I went there it was on a news years day and Andy cole was playing for us ! 

ha, my one and only trip to Grimsby. Bloody cold by the end and Grimsby scoring a few minutes before the end if I'm right. I'm certain this was the lowpoint of a pretty mad Christmas period that featured West Brom away, Forest and Stoke at home? 

Well at least he won't be needing his mullet there, the balding freak.

Mind you, what he is good at is getting sacked so getting sacked by Grimsby of all plaices might just sink his managerial career to the mobey dick murky depths forever.

Archived