IGNORED

Our SLO

BigAl&Toby

Is a bloody good egg.

Predecessors often maligned but Jerry is excellent. We had “an issue” with the boy’s Christmas gift from Santa. The steward told us at halftime that our banner was banned.....

Unable to tell us why we were told it could stay but not to bring it again. Very polite but told to contact the SLO.

So we did. That evening and by mid morning Jerry had tracked us down and called us. By lunchtime he’d called us again with the news that the banner was unbanned.

Now that’s what I call excellent liaison.... ?

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What was on the banner?

Father Christmas is a **** ?

Watch the 3rd goal and you’ll see it. We’re right behind the goal.

Issue was simply that I needed to get permission and confirm it had the necessary fire certificate. 

Who’d have thought it?

I remember the days my father brought a wooden stool for me to sit on, balanced on a barrier in the Williams whilst swinging a wooden rattle...

Hang on though. That was 45 odd years ago.....

All I wanted to say was a massive thank you to Jerry. Like others I’m often quick to moan and less quick to offer praise.

And for what it’s worth Toby has been up all night stitching more letters to it for tomorrow....

W E L C O M E. E D D I E ?

5 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Is a bloody good egg.

Predecessors often maligned but Jerry is excellent. We had “an issue” with the boy’s Christmas gift from Santa. The steward told us at halftime that our banner was banned.....

Unable to tell us why we were told it could stay but not to bring it again. Very polite but told to contact the SLO.

So we did. That evening and by mid morning Jerry had tracked us down and called us. By lunchtime he’d called us again with the news that the banner was unbanned.

Now that’s what I call excellent liaison.... ?

Lovely to hear, Jerry is such a 'people person' so great to find he is settling into his new role and dealing with such things quickly and professionally. The result is that all parties are happy.

9 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I must contact him about those two bloody irritating stewards trying to check tickets on the steps from the concourse to the Lansdown.

What is all that about?

Probably people with tickets to cheaper seats trying to move to the more expensive ones?

37 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I must contact him about those two bloody irritating stewards trying to check tickets on the steps from the concourse to the Lansdown.

What is all that about?

Us unreserved section season ticket holders get that any time we go in. 

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Us unreserved section season ticket holders get that any time we go in. 

It just seems a huge waste of resources and for some reason winds me up a treat. So far I have just ignored them and walked past.

I put my ticket through the automatic reader when I go in, I have no desire to stop and retrieve it from my pocket again.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Drew Peacock said:

It just seems a huge waste of resources and for some reason winds me up a treat. So far I have just ignored them and walked past.

I put my ticket through the automatic reader when I go in, I have no desire to stop and retrieve it from my pocket again.

It's the same with the rugby. 

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Agree. The kiosk staff always ask for my season card when I buy beer. Resolutely refuse to offer it. And I still get served.

8 hours ago, phantom said:

The wheels in motion, but it was important that he settled in to his new role first

Thanks buddy.Glad to hear Jerry will be joining us.As someone who doesn't use Twitter or Facebook  I was hoping he would be on here.Welcome to you Jerry when you do arrive. 

So Jerry introduced himself to us before the game. The now unbanned banner took pride of place - not that it did any good today - Christ Almighty...

I’m sure Jerry will introduce himself to us all in time but he struck me as being a “fans’ fan” rather than a “club man”. Told us of all the years supporting BCFC and the number of consecutive home and away games he’s been to.

Jerry thanks again and it was good to met you!

11 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

What is all that about?

Quite simple.

People in that Lansdown/South corner are perhaps prone to wandering across into the Lansdown.

People also post about it on here...club alerted and alert reinforced.

Result-- beefed up ticket checks- they do read this forum, I'm sure!

12 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

What is all that about?

We seem to get a new steward every match. No great problem with that, except they treat us like its our first visit to the ground, look at out ticket and try to usher us to our seat!

Archived