IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 26

Septic Peg

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Same 18. Makes sense after a win, means those outside need to force their way back in whilst rewarding those in possession of a shirt. 

Can we afford to spend £3.75 million on a player I not even make our squad? I think he’s off on loan, which will be a disgrace if so. 

Just now, alexukhc said:

Playing Brentford just reminds me of Paul Allen

Playing Brentford reminds me of the time we relegated them - must be 25 years ago now.  One very fat, very bald Brentford fan was gesticulating incessantly to the Dolman throughout the game before being hit with "he's fat, he's round his team are going down - baldy, baldy!"  He soon shut up.

2 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Can we afford to spend £3.75 million on a player I not even make our squad? I think he’s off on loan, which will be a disgrace if so. 

You pick your match day squad based on performances, not price tag. If he’s not cutting it and it’s in everyone’s best interests for him to go on loan - with someone else paying his wages - then so be it. Hardly a “disgrace”.

19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I can see the logic in giving Nagy a rest but would have preferred Massengo than Smith.

Watching from home as down with the lurgi since Monday.

My wife has it as well, a nasty virus and to make matters worse most remedies give her more problems, so not much of a New Years Eve for us.  Never mind, I really expect City to win today, just as long as they come out the way they did against Luton, now 3 - 1 up at Millwall,  So let's hope it's a happy new year for us all after 17,00, 19.00 here. COYR's

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You pick your match day squad based on performances, not price tag. If he’s not cutting it and it’s in everyone’s best interests for him to go on loan - with someone else paying his wages - then so be it. Hardly a “disgrace”.

I think serious questions need to be asked though about why he was signed in the first place 

To spend that much money on a player 4 months ago, a player LJ worked with last season so must have thought he had the right 'DNA'....only to see his form dip so dramatically to the point he cannot even make the bench....is worrying 

Brentford, one of two sides - Preston the other - that I use as a measure of our progress. 

In that mini-league, we have the better finances, more stability, better ground, larger attendances, more established Academy.

If we have the better manager and CEO who’ve contracted the right coaches, scouts and assembled a strong playing squad, we should top that league.

We need the Club to deliver today. 

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Brentford, one of two sides - Preston the other - that I use as a measure of our progress. 

In that mini-league, we have the better finances, more stability, better ground, larger attendances, more established Academy.

If we have the better manager and CEO who’ve contracted the right coaches, scouts and assembled a strong playing squad, we should top that league.

We need the Club to deliver today. 

Hear, hear. Spot on mate and the major obstacle is the owner.

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Really hope we don’t set up 442 compared to their 433

yes too much can be made of formations but I think we’ll get done if we’re light in central midfield. LJ knows exactly how Brentford set up so he wouldn’t only go with 2 central. Would he ? 

Aahh...the territory of the tactical genius is the double bluff..(not to be confused with double chin)..?

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Really hope we don’t set up 442 compared to their 433

yes too much can be made of formations but I think we’ll get done if we’re light in central midfield. LJ knows exactly how Brentford set up so he wouldn’t only go with 2 central. Would he ? 

Yes he would, 442 I expect with Watkins and Eliasson being asked to 'tuck-in' when we have not got the ball - has to be as Watkins is no more a CM player than COD ...

… hang-on LJ might not think that!

Archived