IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 26

Septic Peg

18 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Some people are desperate for any excuse to have a go at Johnson

No desperation - since the start of the season there have been 20 or more 'excuses' in our squad, all WeeLee acquisitions, that are each resignation letters personified.

Just now, Top Robin said:

Yes it does....if we had a strong manager he would have drilled into the players that you dont risk a yellow by getting involved in petty dust ups. 

A player of Williams' experience surely doesn't need a strong manager to tell him that!

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Such a super fan dragging yourself down to the ground on New Years day! 

Unlike you, I am at the game, I've not got the benefit of TV replays, from my seat, and judging by the applause from the fans, it looked a good tackle. As I said,  happy to admit I'm wrong once I've seen replays!!

Only a mug would waste their time going down the ground at the moment!

And there are no benefits of replays on the red button. Was a clear foul hence why Williams walked straight off when it happened without any protest!

1 minute ago, Super said:

More down to you spouting shit on yet another thread.

As I said, IM AT THE GAME! I dont have the benefit of replays here. Have you actually ever been to a game? Or do you watch exclusively on TV? Because if you have ever been to a game you would understand how it's easy to get something wrong with the naked eye yet you have decided to repeatedly insult me. 

3 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

I feel so humble on here, in the presence of so many experienced professional football managers (who, oddly, seem to be at home on their keyboards as opposed to being out there in the dugouts). 

It isn't just about today, more of a build up of massive frustration with LJs limitations.

1 minute ago, Highguy said:

Because johnson is the 1 who picked him also you could see there was something there as they clashed and got booked lil LJ didnt think to get message to williams 

Then he leaves watkins fam and wiemann om the pitch and takes off NL but ofcourse your goldenboy cant do no wrong can he

Yeh Johnson picked him, somehow I doubt he expected him to do what he did?

And he took Eliasson off as he’s the least defensively minded player out of the 4 you mentioned, which is what we need to focus on till half time.

And LJ can do no right in your eyes let’s be honest...

8 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Perhaps all those WeeLee apologists out there can explain why he waits for us to go two down before bringing on the 2nd centre half we're screaming out for but then sacrifices the only bloke offensively who's the ability to take players on and attempt to get us back in the game?

Agreed, shocking management. 

26 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, 8th in the Championship, certainly grounds for sacking.

The grounds for sacking are that despite having a large and talented squad he often appears to fail to set his sides up properly and consistency demonstrates a lack of capacity when it comes to game management. He's a lucky chap to have had so long. It's all very frustrating. A more experienced and talented manager would get a better tune out of this bunch pf players.

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yes it does....if we had a strong manager he would have drilled into the players that you dont risk a yellow by getting involved in petty dust ups. 

So your saying williams should be a robot or perfect and not try and make up for being angry/upset for conceding the first after beating Luton so well?

2 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

I feel so humble on here, in the presence of so many experienced professional football managers (who, oddly, seem to be at home on their keyboards as opposed to being out there in the dugouts). 

I understand your dislike of the knee jerk and the insults flying around, I’m with you on the most part. 

However, Looking purely at the last half an hour in isolation, we’ve had a CB sent off and not replaced him when we have a ready made sub on the bench at a time in the match where it’s all going wrong, yet we’re only 1-0 down and still very much in a position to salvage something. 

Why risk it? Why not get the best possible option (Moore) to continue our match on the pitch ASAP. 

We’ve waited. We’ve conceded. And our most creative player, the only one who looks to be able to create anything (and does, time and time again) is taken off. 

In isolation that is a very questionable set of actions from a professional football manager, hence why many are feeling, quite justifiably, they could have done a bit better. 

Archived