IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 26

Septic Peg

This is what many said would be a yardstick to guage where we are. As Luton were a very poor team. Well as many might have feared we don't measure up and neither does our Manager. How many times will he blow a chance of the playoffs. I wish I had had bosses as easygoing as SL when I was at work. All LJ had to do is turn up, his performance doesn't seem to matter.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

At least they are at the game. I don’t think anyone not there can criticise personally 

That's quite the statement. Any chance you can send me some air miles for the 9000 mile round trip to make the next game so I can be a real fan and have an opinion?

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Well I for one am looking forward to the freak sending off of the Brentford keeper early in the 2nd half completely against the run of play and the subsequent comeback to 3-2 with an injury time bicycle kick from Fammy to win it, whose with me?

All the rest of them at the asylum.

19 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

That sending off will save him (L J)

He must be really thanking the sending off

Cluless bringing off NE

he could make up the 10men with his tricks

Why do you only post when we are losing?

nowhere to be seen since Sunday then 2-0 down and here he is...

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

So much this. LJ is a flawed coach who makes mistakes. However he has also improved us in many ways and I am far from convinced that 

a) changing manager is a guaranteed and risk-free way to improve performances 

and

b) there are any managers willing to manage at Championship level that are without flaws 

and 

c) that there are any managers, however good, that don’t have the occasional utterly disastrous day at the office.

I do not understand for the life of me why LJ did not bring on a CB earlier or why he responded to being 2-0 down by taking off the only player we have who can change a game. I am not happy about that.

But I am also sick off this constant expectation people have to either be at the extreme of backing the manager no matter what or wanting him sacked every time he makes a mistake.

It’s perfectly possible to be nuanced and get frustrated with his decisions whilst also acknowledging his record on the whole is better than that of most managers we have had.

I actually thought when Williams went off that it could be to our advantage to replace him with the more mobile Taylor Moore . I was a bit surprised ? when the excellent centre back that is Korey Smith was put into cover.

I was less surprised when we conceded again.

1 minute ago, Highguy said:

2 seasons ago at christmas we was 2nd where did we finish?

Last seasom we bottled play offs 

Yes rowe over kelly and kalas over webster and weimann over reid

Reid was a 1 season wonder,kelly was a cb playing at lb didnt look all that and a bag of chips tbh 

We ran out of steam with our high pressing game and cup run not helping.

We didn’t bottle the play offs last year, we just missed out on them...

Kalas wasn’t a replacement for Webster, and to say you’d want Rowe over an England u21 international and Weimann over Reid is hilarious 

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If, tomorrow at work, I was to walk up to a client and, instead of shaking his hand, punched him in the face, I guess that would be my manager's fault going by the logic on here?

Good to know.

Put it this way, if you punched someone in the face at work your manager/supervisor/team leader would be being asked why that happened and how did they not sort out the issue that lead to it.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

At least they are at the game. I don’t think anyone not there can criticise personally 

Sorry but that’s not fair. We have fans who live in the USA, are they not allowed to watch on TV and criticize?  BTW home games are a 600 mile round trip for me, a bit tricky after New Year’s Eve. 

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I thought we were supporters not customers. That’s the attitude of a customer. Anyone leaving a game with over an hour to go doesn’t know what it means to be a supporter. Empty seats further diminish our chances of salving something from the game. It’s pathetic.

We’re treated like customers here now unfortunately. It’s what football has become and Ashton Gate is a bastion to it.  

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

With respect, Williams ran straight off the pitch after his red card. He knew and everyone else knew ( except you it seems) that it was a red. Sometimes you need to take your red tinted glasses off. 

What about the fans that applauded the tackle? Do they need to take them off also?

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Who shall me replace him with? I’m torn between McInnes, SOD or Coppell. All have good track records at other clubs and are sure to succeed here...

Hughton… proven record of promotion from the Championship and is available. 

Sorry just cannot see LJ delivering us a play-off place, however much we strengthen in the transfer window.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I thought we were supporters not customers. That’s the attitude of a customer. Anyone leaving a game with over an hour to go doesn’t know what it means to be a supporter. Empty seats further diminish our chances of salving something from the game. It’s pathetic.

Well I'm sat at home with my feet up, having paid a tenner to watch a match on TV that I have a ticket for...saved myself a wasted journey. I'm afraid that there is more to life than watching a mediocre and over-promoted football manager wring the life out of what used to be an afternoon's entertainment. Personally I put in a shift in the early part of the season but there is a limit!

19 minutes ago, Selred said:

So many individual errors here, even though I don't like LJ I don't think he can take the blame. 

Hunt to blame for first goal, Williams for sending off and Bentley for 2nd. Not much LJ can do about those. 

Substituting Elliasson is poor. 

Who would you have took off?

with 10 men we’ve decided to keep both strikers on so really it’s NE or MW and the latter is more of a battler which we’d need in this position

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Bit gutless leaving like that imo.

Misplaced sense of entitlement and I agree that it is pathetic, just chucking dummies out of their prams.

Anyway, the half ended much better than it started where we were a mess (small mercies I know).

Other positives to take - Diedhiou hasn't given up and is having a very good game and showing others that it needs some guts to get something from the game. Moore is also having a good game since coming on and steadied the defence. Brave of LJ to keep two attackers up top.

Negatives - pretty obvious really..

Why does it always seem like this supporting City ? One step forward and two back.

Happy New Year!

First half in a nutshell.....a quite shocking first goal to concede, Hunt was badly at fault, when attempting to deal with a hopeful long ball, then very naive from Williams to get his first booking, which shortly afterwards was followed by his second yellow. Bents should have done much better with the initial shot which ultimately resulted in their second. 

So at an early stage Brentford are 2-0 up against 10 men and LJ makes a very unpopular decision to replace NE with TM.....however, since that change we have been much better, with Fammy, in particular, leading by example and winning his battles and using the ball well.

We are certainly in a position now where any neutral would expect a comfortable away win, nevertheless, always believe.....the next goal will be crucial, if we can get it....who knows!

Archived