IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 26

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

Probably because he does’nt address or learn from mistakes.

Exactly, every City fan knows full well that under LJ’s management we will go on an awful run of results at least once in any given season. He just doesn’t seem to learn from his past mistakes. Let’s face it, who has a centre half sent off, then waits ten minutes to stick another one on. Is a no brainier for literally every other pro manager, but not him. I’ve personally got zero confidence we as a club can go anywhere with him in charge. 

Regardless of 10 or 11 men today, Brentford are miles ahead of us, they actually have a plan!!!

7 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I can see the argument for stability, what I am struggling with is the football on offer, the lack of on pitch leadership and the bizarre tactical decisions, which seem to be use the players as well.

I am fairly confident in my mind that we have travelled as far on our journey as we are going to get with LJ and a change of Manager is very likely needed to take the next step up.  But as to who, I have no idea and wouldn’t want to be making that decision.

I don’t necessarily think you are wrong and I think, on balance, I favour a change of manager. However I also think it is a much bigger risk than some on here acknowledge and I also think, if he left tomorrow, LJ would go having done a really strong job of taking the club forward for four years and would leave us in a far stronger position than when he arrived and I think, even if he has taken us as far as he can, he deserves far more credit than he sometimes gets on here for how far he has taken us.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The red card alone isn’t enough to excuse this. We were one down and being overrun before it happened. Johnson must not escape criticism for this shambles.

He away's does from a few on here, he is their perfect head coach and can do no wrong. One day even those will realise!

They signed Ollie, we signed Marley. One, a West Country starlet (presumably our scouting network doesn't extend to W-S-M let alone Exeter,) the other a player with whom WeeLee had been closely acquainted.

A Tale Of Two Watkins. Go figure.

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

They signed Ollie, we signed Marley. One, a West Country starlet (presumably our scouting network doesn't extend to W-S-M let alone Exeter,) the other a player with whom WeeLee had been closely acquainted.

A Tale Of Two Watkins. Go figure.

City knew about him and now 17 goals for him!

LJ has had four years and multi millions to spend on our squad and yet we look no nearer having a style of play or a ‘ solid ‘ look about the team.

I very much hope that Mr Lansdown is not satisfied with what he is seeing and will bring in a new coach at the end of the season.

I don’t doubt LJ’s sincerity or effort but we need someone to take us to the next level. 

Archived