IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 26

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

LJ has had four years and multi millions to spend on our squad and yet we look no nearer having a style of play or a ‘ solid ‘ look about the team.

I very much hope that Mr Lansdown is not satisfied with what he is seeing and will bring in a new coach at the end of the season.

I don’t doubt LJ’s sincerity or effort but we need someone to take us to the next level. 

Why wait till the end of the season? We'll be in a relegation battle before long. Get rid tomorrow

Stuck at home with the remnants of the dreaded Christmas flu bug..... 

Missing our New Years Day home match....

Woe is me....

But no, its turned into an OK afternoon, relaxing with Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson and the rest of The Magnificent Seven.. A bloody decent afternoon, no complaints, and I ain't wasted a penny going to The Gate.

A 4 nil hiding (so far) at home.. Shite!

But even then we can all look on the bright side, we could be Cardiff supporters.... Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear! 6 -1 thrashing

Happy New Year 

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Against one of the best teams in the league against ten men? 

We should be one of the best, no excuse his players team selection.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don’t necessarily think you are wrong and I think, on balance, I favour a change of manager. However I also think it is a much bigger risk than some on here acknowledge and I also think, if he left tomorrow, LJ would go having done a really strong job of taking the club forward for four years and would leave us in a far stronger position than when he arrived and I think, even if he has taken us as far as he can, he deserves far more credit than he sometimes gets on here for how far he has taken us.

I agree, he has got us as a settled club in the Championship.  The half a season with the cup run and subsequent plaudits was great, but since then we seemed to been in a constant state of flux, with no structure, no direction and a lack of consistency.  Maybe LJ isn’t bold enough, better to lose a couple and win a couple than draw them.  Something needs to change, maybe LJ needs a helping hand, but would he accept it, our previous attempt with Ward/Lennartson wasn’t a raging success, so maybe that’s a non starter.

I question the professionalism of the players. I saw Weimann and Hunt in a pub in Portishead (with Marlon Pack) on the night after the Sheffield Wednesday game having a few beers. Should they be doing this ? 

Really bad day today. We were awful but this Brentford team are class. What was he handbags between Johnson and the Brentford boss all about at the end ?

1 minute ago, Highguy said:

Which is down to the manager 

It is, but he works to Ashton, who should be the one ensuring there is an on field as well as an off field plan. That should be agreed before you plan recruitment.

They must have regular reviews so I wonder what, if any, questions are being asked of LJ.

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

So are you suggesting he didn't like the set-up?

The report received by the club from the scout had every possible box ticked - ..along with the highest possible recommendation...

The 'club' in their infinate wisdom construed then to sit on collective hands.

2 minutes ago, City_USA said:

Why wait until end of season? This squad is capable of salvaging the season IMO

Because the plans will already be in place for new transfers.

We are not going down and we can take our time to bring in the right coach to take us onto the next level.

There is a danger that bringing in a new coach straight away could see us getting involved in a relegation battle that we may not win.

We know what we’re getting with LJ and IMHO , mid table it is .

Just now, JBFC II said:

Probably because you’d make them at irrational moments, and had a dislike of Johnson since he came in. 

Now is the time for him to go though

Not really. I’ve been saying for a long time he is not good enough. The most backed manager ever yet after 4 years, about 65 signings....we are still have no identity 

Why? Because he hasn’t got a clue how to turn us from a mid table outfit into a top 6 team 

He isn’t just become clueless. He always has been 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Probably because you’d make them at irrational moments, and had a dislike of Johnson since he came in. 

Now is the time for him to go though

Wow things must be bad and there maybe hope...over to you Steve?

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I question the professionalism of the players. I saw Weimann and Hunt in a pub in Portishead (with Marlon Pack) on the night after the Sheffield Wednesday game having a few beers. Should they be doing this ? 

Really bad day today. We were awful but this Brentford team are class. What was he handbags between Johnson and the Brentford boss all about at the end ?

Football players, however bad they’re playing, are allowed a life. 

This isn’t North Korea. 

Archived