IGNORED

We are mentally weak

Lez

Play the top teams, play a game where the pressure is on and we will crumble.

So many players hiding making dire mistakes....hunt William's bently passes going everywhere.

But it's ok, we beat possibly the worst team in championship history 3zip....papers over the cracks....no surprise we all saw it coming.

Millwall Preston brentford all above us.....MILLWALL.

Resources, stability, quality players.....yet we are regressing in a division where we should in and around the promotion mix...we arent even close.

Weak mentality, weak decision making, weak structure, weak identity....and when push comes to shove the teams we should be competing with we arent.

Buck stops with the manager. Cotts took us to a point and we were cut throat....LJ has taken us to a point....TIME TO BE CUT THROAT.

1 hour ago, Lez said:

Play the top teams, play a game where the pressure is on and we will crumble.

So many players hiding making dire mistakes....hunt William's bently passes going everywhere.

But it's ok, we beat possibly the worst team in championship history 3zip....papers over the cracks....no surprise we all saw it coming.

Millwall Preston brentford all above us.....MILLWALL.

Resources, stability, quality players.....yet we are regressing in a division where we should in and around the promotion mix...we arent even close.

Weak mentality, weak decision making, weak structure, weak identity....and when push comes to shove the teams we should be competing with we arent.

Buck stops with the manager. Cotts took us to a point and we were cut throat....LJ has taken us to a point....TIME TO BE CUT THROAT.

If you want a manager who has done very well with us so far sacked who is top half then I suggest you are mentally weak 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

If you want a manager who has done very well with us so far sacked who is top half then I suggest you are mentally 

But somehow lots of similar or "less" backed clubs have gone beyond and above us over many seasons now - I'm convinced that it's becoming a Bristolian thing to settle for ******* 2nd best all of the time?

Two points off play offs isn’t it ?

You dont understand. Your acting as if that is an achievement or a positive.....wechave lost 5 of the last 6....we are below Preston millwall and brentford.....we should be in the playoffs.... and a manager who actually had a clue would have us there.

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

You dont understand. Your acting as if that is an achievement or a positive.....wechave lost 5 of the last 6....we are below Preston millwall and brentford.....we should be in the playoffs.... and a manager who actually had a clue would have us there.

Think it’s you who doesn’t understand mate. 

1 minute ago, miketh2nd said:

I would love to see the cardiff and stoke forums , I wonder if their forums are as negative as ours??

4 nil isnt great at home but being 1 nil down within 5 minutes and invidual errors might have something to do with it....

Modern fans can’t stomach a project. Instant success or sack apparently 

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

We will bring a striker to replace Afobe our teams form is up and down but so are the rest of the league other than the top 3. Anyone can go up ... it could still be us but of course yes lets blame one man... not even experienced players like williams or any of LJ assistants... 

Think it’s you who doesn’t understand mate. 

Modern fans can’t stomach a project. Instant success or sack apparently 

City...a 'project'?...Brentford are a project, and a very successful one...our 'project' is a succession of handbrake turns, led by a club management team who've a track record of winning nothing, and despite having the keys to the sweetshop look more out of their depth by the week.

As for City fans expecting 'instant success'...be sensible...it's been 40 years...40...

2 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I would love to see the cardiff and stoke forums , I wonder if their forums are as negative as ours??

4 nil isnt great at home but being 1 nil down within 5 minutes and invidual errors might have something to do with it....

Used to be that a Manager , in what ever industry, took responsibility. But now yet another abysmal performance at home and you are making his excuses for him. If he takes his pay then he has to carry the can for the shambles that he serves up.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

City...a 'project'?...Brentford are a project, and a very successful one...our 'project' is a succession of handbrake turns, led by a club management team who've a track record of winning nothing, and despite having the keys to the sweetshop look more out of their depth by the week.

As for City fans expecting 'instant success'...be sensible...it's been 40 years...40...

Since the project started we have improved every season. 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

...well the wheels are falling off the wagon. If he'd got the boot 18 months ago, and been replaced by a manager with a track record of achievement, the 'project' - assuming it involves promotion - might be in a far better place given the players we have. He's had his chance...

18 minutes ago, Lez said:

“We *should* be on the playoffs”. There’s our problem.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

...well the wheels are falling off the wagon. If he'd got the boot 18 months ago, and been replaced by a manager with a track record of achievement, the 'project' - assuming it involves promotion - might be in a far better place given the players we have. He's had his chance...

Last time we appointed a manager with a track record of achievement (however you define that) it panned out well.

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Our league position yes, but can you honestly say we are better to watch which is as important to us fans, we have not really improved have we, only if you judge us by league position, do you think we will finish higher than 8th this season if not then what?

10 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

What makes Brentford a successful project? Last time I checked they were in the same league as us. Can’t even say they’ve improved league positions, since promoted they went 5th 9th 10th 9th 11th

It’s not just today is it. This season, given the football we have played I still think our current position is flattering. If Brentford are a true PO contender they were a country mile ahead of us all over the pitch.

Nothing against LJ at all. For every club we look at that is above us and spent less money, there is one below us that is spending more. Equally we do seem to have to build a new side every season. He done OK and we are a pretty established Championship side.

Equally, sometimes it just needs to be shaken up and a change is needed. I think on balance that time is now. The football is not fun to watch whatever the score, we should be at no real of relegation this year and that gives a new hand a bit if time.

Sad. Good innings. Time for a change.

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Last time we appointed a manager with a track record of achievement (however you define that) it panned out well.

I think the last time we did so we appointed Cotts, turned out brilliantly! Another like him please - or GJ. Someone with a track record of achieving what we want achieved.

That said I assume you are referring to Coppell...one of Lansdown's bigger mistakes...replaced by Keith Millen. I'm not over optimistic!

Just now, Red Exile said:

I think the last time we did so we appointed Cotts, turned out brilliantly! Another like him please - or GJ. Someone with a track record of achieving what we want achieved.

That said I assume you are referring to Coppell...one of Lansdown's bigger mistakes...replaced by Keith Millen. I'm not over optimistic!

I did mean Coppell, yes Cotts was brilliant in League 1 but hasn’t really done much at Championship level that I can remember and something clearly went wrong here after promotion 

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

What makes Brentford a successful project? Last time I checked they were in the same league as us. Can’t even say they’ve improved league positions, since promoted they went 5th 9th 10th 9th 11th

Brentford...I used to live around the corner...they are what, the 4th largest club in West London? Almost bust a few years ago and have invested brilliantly in a succession of sides that year in, year out, play lovely football. A success against the odds I'd say.

12 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Used to be that a Manager , in what ever industry, took responsibility. But now yet another abysmal performance at home and you are making his excuses for him. If he takes his pay then he has to carry the can for the shambles that he serves up.

Are we making a loss  ? Why do we deserve to go up compared to the top 12( or more?) Who all still have a chance of going up? ... if we had won today or not lost ground on the teams above we would be 3 points off 3rd... why do we deserve to.be in the top 2? 

We have no parachute payments , we are making huge profits on player on par with teams like Brentford. LJ is part of this....but obviously cant take all the credit...

Why is it LJ s fault Afobe the answer to our lack of goals and someone who can link play upfront with palmer/weimann got injured?

I think LJ could be a bit more brave with playing Massengo and less of korey smith but i think LJ is doing a decent job  but it is his assistants, analysists , fitness coach fault too .. 

47 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Two points off play offs isn’t it ?

Can’t keep saying that forever though Dave.

Five defeats in six now. We’ve been on the cusp of the play offs for a couple of years now with no indication that we can progress to the next step. Our performances are woefully inconsistent.

Our league position is no disgrace but that’s doesn’t necessarily mean we haven’t become stale, and doesn’t mean the time isn’t right for a new man - in fact, without the pressure of a relegation fight, it could be just the right time.

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

A few arguments with the wife and the Outers probably ask for a divorce 

Harsh that Dave.

Think if you went to each home game so far this season and didn't look at the table, we'd be evens for relegation, albeit that's my opinion. We're weak, with no identity - Brentford showed us how it should work, sell their best players - difference being they don't use that as an excuse, they scout, brush themselves down, roll up the sleeves and stick at it. We lack that character, preiod.

That's completely unnacceptable for a team fighting the drop - let alone top half. We're reliant on individual player performances to see us through matches.

I'm abhorred at how long it took to get TM on the pitch - that was nothing short of a farce, let alone replacing Eliasson.

On a recruitment comparison, we spent the same amount on Engvall that they spent on Benrahma - what a ****ing player.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Pretending you don’t know isn’t big or clever. Been spoken about at length 

The point I’m trying to make is, with any project, you have an end goal. You have a timeline to reach that goal 

We have not progressed in the last 2 years. And when I say progressed...I mean we are no closer to becoming a top 6 club now then we were 2 years ago. People dining out on ‘progression’ last season....finishing last season 3 points better off then the year before is not exactly pulling up any trees

same weaknesses, same mistakes, same results 

Brentford look like a team progressing. Preston look like a team progressing year on year. Look at Millwall and Forest to 

Let’s hope we actually go and get someone now who can actually get this project moving along 

17 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

What’s the project? How long is the project?

How many pillars does it have? If the answer is 5 it's been running for a while under some very different managers!

And on progression - where do we reckon we were on 1st January 2010? (Answer 12th in the Championship - 32 points from 24 games). For those of us with longer memories an improvement of one place doesn't seem like a great deal of on-field progression in a decade!

Archived