IGNORED

Johnson post match

formerly known as ivan

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Probably not, born out of frustration at not just today but the last month or so.

Having said that, if you could see how bad it is then you might be in agreement!

Thats fair enough and turns out you were 100% correct so i will crawl back into my hole and pipe down ?

25 minutes ago, City 74 said:

In Lee Johnson we trust.  Don’t make me laugh. Why does he bring on someone who we all know isn’t staying in Rodri.  Surely makes more sense to give the kid some time. Yes Johnson watches other clubs and takes the best bits for training  but if you’re not got a clue on match day and keep making the same mistakes then why should I a single dad fork out to watch this. It costs me sixty pounds a month for my son and myself and to be honest I stoped paying in December because I can see what’s happening.  We are a mid table team at best. I’m certainly not a gory hunter I supported City home and away since I was kid. Yet I’m not paying to watch a man make the same subs to the same players because he has no balls. End of. Same old which I can’t take anymore. 

If you were a gory hunter, recent Bristol City FC performances suggest you've finally found what you're looking for.

10 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

That's the 2nd time this season he's been shown red? Pressure is definitely telling this season on him 

Surely it can’t be - not long after he was appointed he couldn’t wait to highlight to the media how he’d spent 24 hours in the A&E dept at the BRI to learn how to cope with pressure - I thought that was tacky at best - as if those levels of pressure are in any way comparable to his ...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Surely not - not long after he was appointed he couldn’t wait to highlight to the media how he’d spent 24 hours in the A&E dept at the BRI to learn how to cope with pressure - I thought that was tacky at best - as if those levels of pressure are in anyway comparable to his ...

And SAS talk wasn't there? 

I for one can say I have never left a game of football as a fan and complemented our amount of "box entries"

Delusional interview there. Ripped off fans, taking our money for that dross yet again and he has the audacity to say that we had more box entries and he saw lots of positives in a 4 0 thrashing. 

Footballs an entertainment event and there was no entertainment for home fans today! 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

‘Matched them with a man down’, ‘more box entries’, ‘loads of positives’...... bullshit bingo back in full effect then!  He’s deluded.  Absolutely deluded. 

if we matched them how come they scored 3 after the red card, did we score 3 as well?

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Surely not - not long after he was appointed he couldn’t wait to highlight to the media how he’d spent 24 hours in the A&E dept at the BRI to learn how to cope with pressure - I thought that was tacky at best - as if those levels of pressure are in anyway comparable to his ...

Well it certainly resembled the A&E dépt today. 

I haven't heard interview, but we did weirdly play better than I thought we would for probably about 50 odd minutes from when Taylor Moore was brought on to when the 2 subs were made second half when we then looked poor. Marley was fantastic, Diedhiou had a really good game. I guess that's kind of positives!

52 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’d agreed with the Eliasson sub. Had to be Marley or Niclas and Marley works harder.

However, that should have been done at 1-0. At 2-0, you need a miracle, so you may as well leave on the player who can create something and perhaps sacrifice Weimann instead.

I thought maybe Fam as he ain’t best worker either. Played outstanding though I thought so I would have been wrong. Watkins also played well staying on. So maybe Weimann but again works hard but still down 2-0 and it ended 4-0 anyway. Surely leave your most creative player on. Always gonna be a struggle anyway and through all the hard work was still 4

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

‘Matched them with a man down’, ‘more box entries’, ‘loads of positives’...... bullshit bingo back in full effect then!  He’s deluded.  Absolutely deluded. 

Yep, massive massive difference between box entries and actually having a goal threat. We seem to be more statistic based with players being no more that magnetic counters on a whiteboard, rather than creative players.

Trying to positive spin that collective performance only makes you look more of an idiot. 

3 minutes ago, City_USA said:

OMG how deluded is he? Thinks there were a lot of positives in that performance

The whole 'track the positives' mindset seems to be compulsory in sport these days - see the England Test cricket team after every batting collapse for example.

It's a way of denying reality - as after the Millwall game when the response was that we would not bother too much about analysing the match, which was swiftly followed by the Blackburn defeat.

Football management is a hell of a stressful job so I suppose it helps to deny the evidence as a coping mechanism. LJ is far from alone in that respect.

Archived