IGNORED

Johnson post match

formerly known as ivan

Absolutely he is to blame for the delay in getting Moore on the pitch but the players must take responsibility for us being 2 down inside the first 15 minutes. Their first goal resulted from a comedy of defensive errors while Bentley is to blame for the second. He should be taking that shot into his chest not patting it down. Williams loses his head with a rash challenge and its game over against a side as accomplished as Brentford. 

Why the hell are people talking about failed formations.

Our failings over the past few weeks have been much more basic than the putting a row of numbers from 1-5 on paper 

We are terrible everywhere with the pure basics Tackling passing shooting! 

Hunt was terrible for the first twenty minutes. Kalas again poor. Ashley Williams had to make a decision because the bloke was clean through as we had LOST THE ******* BALL AGAIN. 

Basic shit. Nothing to do with 352 532 4411 442 wtc etc etc. 

Korey Smith Center back...He was anonymous where ever he was. Taylor Moore on the bench again. No threat as we don/t win the ball in midfield and distribute it forward. Without Smith in the middle, albeit doing it poorly, we gave them 20 minutes with zero threat

Lee just said loads of positives!!! (Liar) Right about Famara and Watkins decent games BUT TELLS US ALL ABOUT the sloppiness............ as above..

LJ, KS playing center half due to the overload...WTF does that even made.

Elliason off as he is not defensive enough. Something about narrow and wide points!

Long game big picture etc....

Please........... Your players are not tackling passing getting forward or shooting for you right now...WHY THE HELL NOT????????

This ‘box entries’ shit does my ******* head in. 

LJ is an absolute blagger, so caught up in analysis and jargon he’s lost touch with common sense and authenticity. 

Edit - this is coming from someone who does use and appreciate technical language and coaching speak etc but you have to balance the abstraction and analysis with humanity and instinct otherwise you just get blinded by it. 

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Yep, massive massive difference between box entries and actually having a goal threat. We seem to be more statistic based with players being no more that magnetic counters on a whiteboard, rather than creative players.

Trying to positive spin that collective performance only makes you look more of an idiot. 

Completely.  How does he not get this?  He just embarrasses himself. What does it take for him to just take some blooming responsibility?!!  

The Korey at centre back and Weimann centre midfield was very strange. Imagine if we'd made the change straight away. We might have not conceded that goal, we played well up to mid way through second half. We would have had an unlikely chance of getting a point or even winning. Football is a funny game. At least give yourself a chance by getting a basics right like bringing on a defender!

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I thought maybe Fam as he ain’t best worker either. Played outstanding though I thought so I would have been wrong. Watkins also played well staying on. So maybe Weimann but again works hard but still down 2-0 and it ended 4-0 anyway. Surely leave your most creative player on. Always gonna be a struggle anyway and through all the hard work was still 4

Had a lot to do with Brentford playing in cruse control for the majority of the game. Saving there energy for harder battles ahead.

Pretty sure they could have stepped up a couple of gears if needed.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Agree with most of this but he had to take elliasson off . We were down to 10 and he’s not known for his defensive work. We had to stay in the game at that point. Biggest problem was how we set up in the first place. 

No Eliasson should have stayed on to give us an outlet and keep their full back occupied. Watkins or hunt should have come off imo

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

LJ is an absolute blagger, so caught up in analysis and jargon he’s lost touch with common sense and authenticity. 

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t think LJ will be sacked any time soon and unless the right manager is available there is no point doing so but to come out with that absolute garbage after a 4-0 home loss doesn’t half grate!!

Blagging sums it up to a tee. Sort your discipline out, get some work done on the training field and trade in results not football BS.

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

No Eliasson should have stayed on to give us an outlet and keep their full back occupied. Watkins or hunt should have come off imo

Watkins was one a small number who turned up tbf to him.

I would have so much more respect for Lee if he didn't hide behind analysis jargon and just say 'I got it wrong today'. Whatever the reason for the last 6 performances he is responsible and needs to behave that way.

If he continues in denial it will only get worse - take some of the flack away from the players Lee and deal with it.

But please don't ever suggest we matched Brentford for any part of the game or in any position - they walked over us today.

9 minutes ago, RedSA said:

It's not new or unique to him. I remember David Moyes bragging after Man Utd drew 0-0 with Fulham (I think) that they had put in a record number of crosses. As if that was an end in itself.

Coaches seem to focus so much on process these days that the outcome becomes irrelevant. A case of the operation was a great success but the patient died.

1 minute ago, handballbygordonparr said:

I would have so much more respect for Lee if he didn't hide behind analysis jargon and just say 'I got it wrong today'. Whatever the reason for the last 6 performances he is responsible and needs to behave that way.

If he continues in denial it will only get worse - take some of the flack away from the players Lee and deal with it.

But please don't ever suggest we matched Brentford for any part of the game or in any position - they walked over us today.

Has he ever taken responsibility for a defeat yet ?

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

They had a man over anyway and we were already getting over run before the sending off. Watkins offers more defensive cover. You would take hunt off , the right back that was exposed because he had no one helping him due to our lack of numbers in midfield because were stretched  . 

out of interest how would you of stopped the overloads by taking hunt off . 

Thought that as a team we were poor, Fammy must be thinking about his future, NEVER before has he put in a performance like that! 
Brownhill woeful first 3 touches 1. Pass straight back to Hunt with a man on 2. Gave it away 3. Gave it away - and not 2 minutes play.  Set the tone for the game.

1st goal at least 4 yards offside in the long pass - Lino shit all game 

As the game went on Smith took command and was in effect captain - as he should be!

Post match LJ summed it all up! “we played well”!

the man is deluded, if he had any scruples he would be clearing his desk this evening and leaving before he’s pushed

I don't know what went on between Ollie Watkins and Williams to get Williams riled. I didn't see the incident before the red card. But something got to Williams but diving in was unforgivable especially as he'd just been booked.

The delayed substitution I can only guess that this was to see if we could manage the situation and see it out. That was made to look a really poor decision brought on by the calamitous defending in conceding the second goal.

In my view Eliasson had to come off as he offers little from a defensive point of view. Whereas Watkins and Weimann worked their socks off.

Unfortunately if you start slowly and gift a very good side a two goal lead through poor decision making it doesn't matter whether you have 10 or 11 on the pitch.

In the knee jerk aftermath of the match  it would be very difficult to gain any positives from that performance but I thought Diedhiou in particular was outstanding and I thought Marley Watkins did very well on a bitterly disappointing day for the club.

We could've done with COD being available today but I hear there's been a training ground disagreement with the head coach which something nobody needs.

The worry for me was the manner of how we set up in the first place and that is down to the head coach and is a real concern as is the woeful capitulation.

Where do we go from here.  . . 

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

It's not new or unique to him. I remember David Moyes bragging after Man Utd drew 0-0 with Fulham (I think) that they had put in a record of crosses. As if that was an end in itself.

Coaches seem to focus so much on process these days that the outcome becomes irrelevant. A case of the operation was a great success but the patient died.

Agreed and it definitely is used as a crutch for poor performances by a lot of coaches. I feel LJ is particularly over invested in that type of analysis though and relies on its perspective way too much. 

I can see why he wants to try and put a positive slant on it, a lot of managers do.  And, to be fair, once he put Moore on we stuck at it well until the 3rd went in, although at no point did we look like getting back into the game.

However, don't take the piss out of people when they've just sat through that by talking about "box entries" and the like. Your average fan might not have coaching badges etc but most of them aren't stupid and won't fall for any of that nonsense.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Will await the ‘red card killed us’ comment!

Completely ignore the fact we were 1-0 down and looking a shambles and a mess prior to that moment.

Ignoring the fact he left Smith at CB for so long after the sending off with Weimann in CM.

Ignoring the fact he then takes off our most creative player once we go 2-0 down.

Surely the time has now come for him and Lansdown to accept he has gone as far as he can with us and we need someone else to take us to the next level!

Didn't you listen to him on radio Bristol about why he did it. Makes sense. 

Listening to his interview after the game, I was very disappointed.

When he said "we had more box entries than they did" it was apparent he was in bullshite mode - they played their way into our box at will, we launched the ball from 40 or 50 yards into their box or had Brownhill chuck a long throw. Big difference mate.

Also mentioned we should be looking at the long game in terms of results, confident that we can put a winning run together. Six losses in the last nine games - how ******* long is this long game 

He's pulled it round in past seasons after dreadful runs of results, but that isn't really getting us anywhere is it.

I'm mindful of the emotion of todays game and that it can bring out the worst, and I wasn't expecting a win, but I was expecting a team to be properly prepared and competitive - they weren't. Once again, it was disjointed with no discernible pattern and, for me, it was a game too many of that ilk.

Should have sat in more, been better drilled defensively and exploit the gaps they would have left for the likes of Marley to run into.

Get those basics right and it's a very winnable game. Deny those forwards space and they become much easier to defend against. Of course not at all easy, but easier than how we set up today.

Far too attacking from the start, trying to play it out the back and 2 strikers. We went toe to toe with them when we should have respected them more.

We have games like Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday where we play long and go for a 0-0 or possible 1-0 if we take our chances. Even against Luton there was a lot of direct play. It's fine, as we have Fam and runners. No problem. But then when we try and play it out the back, we aren't so good at it. Because we don't do it like Brentford do every game. We have no cohesive one way of playing.

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They had a man over anyway and we were already getting over run before the sending off. Watkins offers more defensive cover. You would take hunt off , the right back that was exposed because he had no one helping him due to our lack of numbers in midfield because were stretched  . 

out of interest how would you of stopped the overloads by taking hunt off . 

Pull Weiman back in behind fam and Eliasson who I would have brought in closer to Fammy. You can then hit balls from the back into the corners using elisons pace as an outlet. He would then be supported by weiman with Fam peeling off into the centre for the cross. 

31 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Between the goals they scored, particularly the second and third, yes we did! 

They were toying with us!!

Those Brentford players couldnt have hoped for an easier start to their year. 
They’ll not even need much recovery time from that training game they just played through. 

Red card killed the game. However, the inevitable tactic of LJ sitting behind the ball and letting Brentford play was leaving us doomed regardless. 
Poor tactics once again from tinkerman. 

12 minutes ago, Swede said:

Unfortunately if you start slowly and gift a very good side a two goal lead through poor decision making it doesn't matter whether you have 10 or 11 on the pitch.

Yes, you could see ,the way we started we were going to lose ,even with 11 men. We hardly ever seem to "grow" into a game..................start crap and tend to get worse!

Archived