IGNORED

Johnson post match

formerly known as ivan

3 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

In 90 mins those 'box entries' resulted in just six shots and only two on target.

If our head coach does not understand that it goals not box entries, overall possession, or shots on target that get you points then he’s an even bigger bluffer than I gave him credit for. 

36 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I haven't heard interview, but we did weirdly play better than I thought we would for probably about 50 odd minutes from when Taylor Moore was brought on to when the 2 subs were made second half when we then looked poor. Marley was fantastic, Diedhiou had a really good game. I guess that's kind of positives!

I think that was because Brentford had clearly decided that they had nothing to worry about and played the game as if it was a training session, between the second goal and the 80th Minute Brentford literally took both feet off the gas and had a nice relaxing kick about, for the last 10 they decided to put a little in just to show how easy it was for them to simply score at will. 

If they'd fancied it they could smashed us for any number they fancied. 

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

I think that was because Brentford had clearly decided that they had nothing to worry about and played the game as if it was a training session, between the second goal and the 80th Minute Brentford literally took both feet off the gas and had a nice relaxing kick about, for the last 10 they decided to put a little in just to show how easy it was for them to simply score at will. 

Disagree with that. Thought they worked hard to keep their lead and eventually extend it further once we started looking poor in the final parts of the game.

28 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Why the hell are people talking about failed formations.

Our failings over the past few weeks have been much more basic than the putting a row of numbers from 1-5 on paper 

We are terrible everywhere with the pure basics Tackling passing shooting! 

Spot on, I've said it for the past few weeks, I've never seen a team make so many mistakes, it doesn't matter what formation they are in, they are not doing the basics right repeatedly. Misplaced pass, giving the ball away or missing tackles or clearances. And repeat. The easy out for Johnson is "he can't legislate for players being sloppy" but I'm not giving him that pass any longer, there must be something very wrong to make this level of consistent errors week after week. What are we doing in training?

Contrast with Brentford whose balls to the channels and then passing, movement and interplay from there was virtually flawless, clearly well drilled and technically proficient. This is a cheaper team that has also sold its best players each season and lead by a newer manager, but his coaching seems to already result in well organised well executed style of play - so there are no excuses for LJ by now - yet he continues to make them, referring to sloppy mistakes as if it's not something he has leadership of. ?‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Pull Weiman back in behind fam and Eliasson who I would have brought in closer to Fammy. You can then hit balls from the back into the corners using elisons pace as an outlet. He would then be supported by weiman with Fam peeling off into the centre for the cross. 

With no other support ? When we lose the ball we get countered on and lose even heavier. Still don’t see how you stop our right back getting so exposed if you want to take hunt off or not. The reason he got exposed was because we were stretched.
again he was out coached.  

What he should have said was that we were poor today and made silly errors that gave away goals, plus left us down a man. I should have brought on Taylor Moore sooner. Brentford are a good team who are on form and we played into their hands. We had a good spell in the second half, plus I thought Marley and Famara had really good games, holding up the ball and getting others involved, but defensively we were suspect all game. Brentford best Luton 7-0, we just beat Luton 3-0, so the difference between us probably is about 4-0 to them. They don’t give away many goals away and have one of the best goal differences in the division.

But he didn’t.....

The reality is that LJ is running out of both time and excuses. The 3 transfer windows have now become 8 and although we have become a solid championship team, there is little evidence of progress and the playoffs actually feel further away than ever. I would love to be proved wrong but I think I am pretty safe in booking a holiday for the second May Bank Holiday weekend somewhere other than London.

2020 is going to be a pivotal year for the club one way or the other, and SL will have some big decisions, but does he have the vision to do so?

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

Spot on, I've said it for the past few weeks, I've never seen a team make so many mistakes, it doesn't matter what formation they are in, they are not doing the basics right repeatedly. Misplaced pass, giving the ball away or missing tackles or clearances. And repeat. The easy out for Johnson is "he can't legislate for players being sloppy" but I'm not giving him that pass any longer, there must be something very wrong to make this level of consistent errors week after week. What are we doing in training?

Contrast with Brentford whose balls to the channels and then passing, movement and interplay from there was virtually flawless, clearly well drilled and technically proficient. This is a cheaper team that has also sold its best players each season and lead by a newer manager, but his coaching seems to already result in well organised well executed style of play - so there are no excuses for LJ by now - yet he continues to make them, referring to sloppy mistakes as if it's not something he has leadership of. ?‍♂️

For the love of god someone who sees what I see!...Lord that makes me feel better and that I'm not alone....Also I get to add Ole to the Spot On Club!

Welcome!

50 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I thought maybe Fam as he ain’t best worker either. Played outstanding though I thought so I would have been wrong. Watkins also played well staying on. So maybe Weimann but again works hard but still down 2-0 and it ended 4-0 anyway. Surely leave your most creative player on. Always gonna be a struggle anyway and through all the hard work was still 4

Brentford were 2-0 up and quite content to go through the motions of keeping the ball and keeping the 3 points.

When they knew the game was safe they upped the tempo, scored twice and basically toyed with us.

If that’s what LJ calls “ matching them” then we may as well all give up, he’s delusional. 

I only watched half of the interview and then I couldn’t take any more. He complained about playing on a pitch as big as Ashton Gate. A couple of seasons ago he reduced the width. How small does he want it to be? A five a side pitch? 

16 minutes ago, Olé said:

Too many instructions I reckon. Players going onto pitch with every little Johnson 'marginal gain,' but then forget the basics.

Just a guess. I do agree a game like today we were not drilled to defend properly.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I haven't heard interview, but we did weirdly play better than I thought we would for probably about 50 odd minutes from when Taylor Moore was brought on to when the 2 subs were made second half when we then looked poor. Marley was fantastic, Diedhiou had a really good game. I guess that's kind of positives!

Exactly what I saw, but don't forget that Brentford were barely breaking sweat at this stage.

40 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

In 90 mins those 'box entries' resulted in just six shots and only two on target.

Two shots on target?! That double what we usually manage!

14 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

LJs post match comments are more consistent with that of a manager of a relegation threatened team than they are a promotion chasing team. 

Agree. And despite the constant protestations of the ‘we are only 2 points off the top 6’ brigade on here,  I’m afraid if nothing changes then it’s downwards we will be looking and pretty soonish if this level of ‘performance’ is kept up!  

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I thought the stats for Niclas against Luton were that he made the most tackles. He made 6 tackles - when the whole team made 25.

I just don't buy that he doesn't track back and defend.

And Johnson talks about box entries, but those crosses weren't especially good and certainly not as lethal as what Elliasson would have served up.

Cringeworthy interview blaming his players and throwing up cliches. For a manager who put this group together he sure has a lot of negativity for certain individuals. His attempts to talk smart also come across as a bit desperate but also somehow smug. Ugh. 

Anyway, onwards and upwa... well, onwards at least. CTID. 

37 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Brentford were 2-0 up and quite content to go through the motions of keeping the ball and keeping the 3 points.

When they knew the game was safe they upped the tempo, scored twice and basically toyed with us.

If that’s what LJ calls “ matching them” then we may as well all give up, he’s delusional. 

Its not himself or us he is attempting to delude. Its the Lansdown family!

If Steve is prepared to give this bloke a shit load more money then he needs his head examined!

1 hour ago, Spud55 said:

That's spot on.  They went to sleep early 2nd half and then woke up with the 2 subs (particularly 12).  After that they completely controlled things and could have humiliated us.  We fought but looked like a vastly inferior side all game.

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yep 100% worrying thing is , he keeps doing it and not learning . What’s that famous quote about making the same mistakes but expecting a different out come . 

Its the definition of insanity 

Archived