IGNORED

Johnson post match

formerly known as ivan

49 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Its not himself or us he is attempting to delude. Its the Lansdown family!

If Steve is prepared to give this bloke a shit load more money then he needs his head examined!

Salesman talks the talk but knows he will never be a manager of men, he will carry on mumbling and taking whats given from the top table whilst taking great care of his nice new contract.

Truly believe SL is ok with just about where we are  although a few more early walkouts may turn his head, slightly.

So its more of the same for a few more years yet I`m afraid, get your season tickets here very soon now! all aboard the LJ rollercoaster up and down and around and around we go.

In WeeLee's defence he make's a valid point that with AG's large pitch it makes it very hard for a team going down to 10 men when the opposition press them hard.

I'm surprised he clearly neglected to inform our players as much when at home to Forest the other month.....

Any chance of getting a half-decent journalist to undertake these post match interviews?

When stating that he'd taken Elliasen off as with the opposition ascendant we had "better wide men on the pitch," the obvious follow up is "Who, name them?"

Offensively,  the simple truth is we didn't - the crowd sing of the quality of the Swede's crosses as other than Hunt (woeful today) he's the only one to deliver danger. Defensively, not sure why we worry about wide men defending (other than to do so in the opposition half,) as he's amply demonstrated that deploying the likes of Bryan or COD at the back simply magnifies the fact they can't defend.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Can’t say I listen to Radio Bristol so nope, I didn’t. For that reason I can’t tell if you are being genuine or not...

Could you enlighten me as to what was said?

Go onto Radio Bristol,  and  listen to it.  Much better than me explaining to you. 

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Why the hell are people talking about failed formations.

Our failings over the past few weeks have been much more basic than the putting a row of numbers from 1-5 on paper 

We are terrible everywhere with the pure basics Tackling passing shooting! 

Hunt was terrible for the first twenty minutes. Kalas again poor. Ashley Williams had to make a decision because the bloke was clean through as we had LOST THE ******* BALL AGAIN. 

Basic shit. Nothing to do with 352 532 4411 442 wtc etc etc. 

Korey Smith Center back...He was anonymous where ever he was. Taylor Moore on the bench again. No threat as we don/t win the ball in midfield and distribute it forward. Without Smith in the middle, albeit doing it poorly, we gave them 20 minutes with zero threat

Lee just said loads of positives!!! (Liar) Right about Famara and Watkins decent games BUT TELLS US ALL ABOUT the sloppiness............ as above..

LJ, KS playing center half due to the overload...WTF does that even made.

Elliason off as he is not defensive enough. Something about narrow and wide points!

Long game big picture etc....

Please........... Your players are not tackling passing getting forward or shooting for you right now...WHY THE HELL NOT????????

Formations play a key role, not decisive but key.

I had a fear we'd get outnumbered in midfield from the start and we did 11 v 11, let alone after Williams went.

Formations can play a role with some of these...agree on Moore though, agree with fair bits of tour post but Williams is too old for a high line, Kalas can play it to a point but not so well partnering a 35 year old, the midfield doesn't protect the defence adequately.

Like it or not, aspects of that come down to formation.

3 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

Yep, massive massive difference between box entries and actually having a goal threat. We seem to be more statistic based with players being no more that magnetic counters on a whiteboard, rather than creative players.

Trying to positive spin that collective performance only makes you look more of an idiot. 

Clearly watches matches through the lens that is a spreadsheet. 

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

In WeeLee's defence he make's a valid point that with AG's large pitch it makes it very hard for a team going down to 10 men when the opposition press them hard.

I'm surprised he clearly neglected to inform our players as much when at home to Forest the other month.....

Nottingham Forest are more compact though, filled the central areas quite well and had some good breakouts too.

Also our red card today was quite a bit earlier and we were already a goal down and having to chase the game a bit, whereas Nottingham Forest were 0-0, probably reasonably happy with a point and are a naturally counter attacking side who were away from home vs us.

We however, were 1 down at home, we were up vs a side who can both dictate possession- often do- but also can break with skill and at pace.

So there's quite a few differences which stop it being a great comparison IMO!

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Nottingham Forest are more compact though, filled the central areas quite well and had some good breakouts too.

Also our red card today was quite a bit earlier and we were already a goal down and having to chase the game a bit, whereas Nottingham Forest were 0-0, probably reasonably happy with a point and are a naturally counter attacking side who were away from home vs us.

We however, were 1 down at home, we were up vs a side who can both dictate possession- often do- but also can break with skill and at pace.

So there's quite a few differences which stop it being a great comparison IMO!

Yeah, because sides can't change their formation, can they? Brentford didn't need to counter attack as they comfortably attacked us at will from the get go and WeeLee had nothing to counter. Compact sides - then go wide and stretch them, vary the short padding game with longer and quicker ball, save we didn't against Forest, didn't today haven't for years and in the latter sacrificed our only chance of doing so (despite numpty believing he'd left better players to do so on the pitch.) So against Forest what did we do with the extra man? I'll tell you what, absolutely sod all, mostly because with WeeLee's team selection we effectively started with only 9 players in the first place.

Next you'll be telling me today we were excellent between the 2nd & 3rd goals, held possession, troubled them, got balls in the box when none of the stats support the utter guff numpty now comes out with.

8 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Yeah, because sides can't change their formation, can they? Brentford didn't need to counter attack as they comfortably attacked us at will from the get go and WeeLee had nothing to counter. Compact sides - then go wide and stretch them, vary the short padding game with longer and quicker ball, save we didn't against Forest, didn't today haven't for years and in the latter sacrificed our only chance of doing so (despite numpty believing he'd left better players to do so on the pitch.) So against Forest what did we do with the extra man? I'll tell you what, absolutely sod all, mostly because with WeeLee's team selection we effectively started with only 9 players in the first place.

Next you'll be telling me today we were excellent between the 2nd & 3rd goals, held possession, troubled them, got balls in the box when none of the stats support the utter guff numpty now comes out with.

Oh yeah we didn't pressure Nottingham Forest enough and taking off Eliasson today I wasn't keen on but otoh if a side stays in the game then maybe they can get that chance later to level up. 

The two scenarios certainly had notable differences though.

Brentford were certainly much better today though, notably in possession. Even at 11 v 11 they were better IMO.

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I only watched half of the interview and then I couldn’t take any more. He complained about playing on a pitch as big as Ashton Gate. A couple of seasons ago he reduced the width. How small does he want it to be? A five a side pitch? 

My thoughts exactly. 

3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Any chance of getting a half-decent journalist to undertake these post match interviews?

When stating that he'd taken Elliasen off as with the opposition ascendant we had "better wide men on the pitch," the obvious follow up is "Who, name them?"

Sadly an insider doing the interview; No guts. 

4 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

It is obvious how to play against Johnson style set ups.
Just set your side up to play with pace through midfield and you will destroy us. Everyone knows this.

Johnson is a one trick pony. Wake up FFS!

I think its even easier than that - just lump a long ball upfield.

That usually does the trick..

18 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Why the hell are people talking about failed formations.

Our failings over the past few weeks have been much more basic than the putting a row of numbers from 1-5 on paper 

We are terrible everywhere with the pure basics Tackling passing shooting! 

Hunt was terrible for the first twenty minutes. Kalas again poor. Ashley Williams had to make a decision because the bloke was clean through as we had LOST THE ******* BALL AGAIN. 

Basic shit. Nothing to do with 352 532 4411 442 wtc etc etc. 

Korey Smith Center back...He was anonymous where ever he was. Taylor Moore on the bench again. No threat as we don/t win the ball in midfield and distribute it forward. Without Smith in the middle, albeit doing it poorly, we gave them 20 minutes with zero threat

Lee just said loads of positives!!! (Liar) Right about Famara and Watkins decent games BUT TELLS US ALL ABOUT the sloppiness............ as above..

LJ, KS playing center half due to the overload...WTF does that even made.

Elliason off as he is not defensive enough. Something about narrow and wide points!

Long game big picture etc....

Please........... Your players are not tackling passing getting forward or shooting for you right now...WHY THE HELL NOT????????

17 hours ago, Olé said:

Spot on, I've said it for the past few weeks, I've never seen a team make so many mistakes, it doesn't matter what formation they are in, they are not doing the basics right repeatedly. Misplaced pass, giving the ball away or missing tackles or clearances. And repeat. The easy out for Johnson is "he can't legislate for players being sloppy" but I'm not giving him that pass any longer, there must be something very wrong to make this level of consistent errors week after week. What are we doing in training?

Contrast with Brentford whose balls to the channels and then passing, movement and interplay from there was virtually flawless, clearly well drilled and technically proficient. This is a cheaper team that has also sold its best players each season and lead by a newer manager, but his coaching seems to already result in well organised well executed style of play - so there are no excuses for LJ by now - yet he continues to make them, referring to sloppy mistakes as if it's not something he has leadership of. ?‍♂️

17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

For the love of god someone who sees what I see!...Lord that makes me feel better and that I'm not alone....Also I get to add Ole to the Spot On Club!

Welcome!

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Formations play a key role, not decisive but key.

I had a fear we'd get outnumbered in midfield from the start and we did 11 v 11, let alone after Williams went.

Formations can play a role with some of these...agree on Moore though, agree with fair bits of tour post but Williams is too old for a high line, Kalas can play it to a point but not so well partnering a 35 year old, the midfield doesn't protect the defence adequately.

Like it or not, aspects of that come down to formation.

The basics are not being done. We lose the ball consistently as we did yesterday for the first two goals and the sending off. 

The game plan is all very good if the players are able to complete it and compete. 

We are currently unable to pass and move or win the ball and get it forward. What amazes me is the stat counters don’t get the correlation between winning the ball and the touches the forwards make. 

Point is it doesn’t matter what formation is if the players are not in form enough to play it!! 

LJ is in trouble. He has to turn dross around again with players that appear to have given up or come into some kind of mass loss of form. 

18 hours ago, Olé said:

Spot on, I've said it for the past few weeks, I've never seen a team make so many mistakes, it doesn't matter what formation they are in, they are not doing the basics right repeatedly. Misplaced pass, giving the ball away or missing tackles or clearances. And repeat. The easy out for Johnson is "he can't legislate for players being sloppy" but I'm not giving him that pass any longer, there must be something very wrong to make this level of consistent errors week after week. What are we doing in training?

Contrast with Brentford whose balls to the channels and then passing, movement and interplay from there was virtually flawless, clearly well drilled and technically proficient. This is a cheaper team that has also sold its best players each season and lead by a newer manager, but his coaching seems to already result in well organised well executed style of play - so there are no excuses for LJ by now - yet he continues to make them, referring to sloppy mistakes as if it's not something he has leadership of. ?‍♂️

Simple answer to all this...

Ask Steve to send a whopping compo payment to Brentford and give 'Frank a juicy contract - might even get meself a season ticket then ?

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Never got to hear the post match interview myself. Can anyone tell me if the subject of the booing Eliasson's subbing came up?

And if so, what what was said?

Something about he expected it, he wanted wingers more suited to the situation, and Elliasson will play v Shrewsbury. He told Niclas he is loved. 

Archived