IGNORED

Enough is enough

Wolf Island

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

So it's LJ's fault that Brentford have been clinical with our mistakes and that an International ex-Prem defender allows himself to get involved in an off the ball spat for a stupid booking?

Sorry but this bollocks. I’m certainly no tactical genius but it didn’t need one to know that 442 would get overrun in midfield . LJ was arrogant enough to do it and played into Brentford’s hands . They’re known for their movement and fluidity of play . Hunt was exposed because we didn’t match up. They had a man over all the time. That is tactically inept. 

1 minute ago, Hare Island said:

Norwich

Southampton

Brighton

Bournemouth

Wolves

Leicester

All been down in League One in the last decade or so. All now in the Prem. All except Bournemouth gambled on changing manager or going for a big name. 

All clubs who did it before FFP came out in force, and so could spend loads of money and get in debt just to chase the premier league dream. 

Something we can’t do

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

All clubs who did it before FFP came out in force, and so could spend loads of money and get in debt just to chase the premier league dream. 

Something we can’t do

True it was different times. Frustrating thing atm though is that this is probably the best city squad in decades. We need a player or two but LJ just can’t get a tune out of them. I don’t think we need major signings other than the manager.

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Something we can’t do

Brighton, Bournemouth,Norwich and Wolves certainly got promoted in FFP era. 

In fact Bournemouth got fined for breaching it

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sorry but this bollocks. I’m certainly no tactical genius but it didn’t need one to know that 442 would get overrun in midfield . LJ was arrogant enough to do it and played into Brentford’s hands . They’re known for their movement and fluidity of play . Hunt was exposed because we didn’t match up. They had a man over all the time. That is tactically inept. 

LJ's played a formation at home that most would have agreed with at the start of the game as it gets Elliason involved, rather than to change a system to match the opposition which in fairness the coaching team have got stick for from the fans in the past.

The fact remains true, they clearly identified our weaknesses and played to them. Diagonal balls behind Hunt all afternoon. Then capitalised on our mistakes. 

He was at fault for at least 2 of the goals

1 hour ago, Hare Island said:

In the next few days we will finally know SL’s ambition for the club. LJ has done a good job over several seasons, bringing stability in league placings, developing young talent and consequently financial stability too. HOWEVER we will never be promoted under LJ. This bad run is Groundhog Day number 4, the famed DNA stands for Dire Negative Aimless, and as Wilbs let slip he cannot manage or motivate any but the greenest keenest player. 

Please SL pull the trigger, thank Lee for his service, and bring in a manager that can take this club to the top. Fans have suffered for decades. We now have the stadium and the infrastructure give us a team to be proud of too. 

It’s hard to take now. 
Last 5

L L L L W L

That W against a team who’s lost their last 9 away 

6 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

True it was different times. Frustrating thing atm though is that this is probably the best city squad in decades. We need a player or two but LJ just can’t get a tune out of them. I don’t think we need major signings other than the manager.

I disagree to an extent, which in many ways reflects badly  on Johnson more than anything, considering how many windows he has had. 

I still think we need an upgrade at centre back on Williams and someone like Benrahma on the right as well as a goal scorer 

3 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Brighton, Bournemouth,Norwich and Wolves certainly got promoted in FFP era. 

In fact Bournemouth got fined for breaching it

Brighton are the exception, and a club that we should look to emulate. 

Norwich and a Wolves were both clubs who had spent lengthy times in the premier league themselves, so are nothing like us 

1 hour ago, CityLew said:

The yellow is irrelevant because the sending off was a straight red.

Also, I doubt the poster was basing it from just the performance today.

How often do you go to a game and think "LJ got it spot on today"? Individual bits of quality usually gets us goals... especially Eliasson (who he has just taken off).

With a better manager, this squad can do much better.

The amount of times he has to make double or triple substitutions and drastically change formations or shape so early in games speaks volumes 

Why the hell are people talking about failed formations.

Our failings over the past few weeks have been much more basic than the putting a row of numbers from 1-5 on paper 

We are terrible everywhere with the pure basics Tackling passing shooting! 

Hunt was terrible for the first twenty minutes. Kalas again poor. Ashley Williams had to make a decision because the bloke was clean through as we had LOST THE ******* BALL AGAIN. 

Basic shit. Nothing to do with 352 532 4411 442 wtc etc etc. 

Korey Smith Center back...He was anonymous where ever he was. Taylor Moore on the bench again. No threat as we don/t win the ball in midfield and distribute it forward. Without Smith in the middle, albeit doing it poorly, we gave them 20 minutes with zero threat

Lee just said loads of positives!!! (Liar) Right about Famara and Watkins decent games BUT TELLS US ALL ABOUT the sloppiness............ as above..

LJ, KS playing center half due to the overload...WTF does that even made.

Elliason off as he is not defensive enough. Something about narrow and wide points!

Long game big picture etc....

Please........... Your players are not tackling passing getting forward or shooting for you right now...WHY THE HELL NOT????????

We are clearly smack bang in the middle of another one of LJ's horror runs. It always feels like they will go on forever but eventually he strings a few wins together and it gets forgotten.

It is very frustrating but we will just have to grin and bear it. SL isn't one to act in haste and I think he really doesn't want to sack him. 

I can see the crowds dwindling now and after today I can think of many less frustrating ways to spend my time.

29 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

LJ's played a formation at home that most would have agreed with at the start of the game as it gets Elliason involved, rather than to change a system to match the opposition which in fairness the coaching team have got stick for from the fans in the past.

The fact remains true, they clearly identified our weaknesses and played to them. Diagonal balls behind Hunt all afternoon. Then capitalised on our mistakes. 

He was at fault for at least 2 of the goals

I was worried when I saw the team sheet . He shouldn’t care what most of the fanbase think , it’s what he’s paid to do. They’re a very good side that will play through you if you let them and we handed it to them on a plate. If we’d have set up differently , they wouldn’t  of been able to expose hunt as much as they did. 442 was ridiculous especially when’s he’s already admitted we’re set up to be a counter attacking team . I don’t like negative football but it was crying out for 433 which he obviously doesn’t like playing or 451 . Try and nullify their movement and fluidity and hit them on the counter attack . We were wide open .

He wants to appease the fans by getting elliasson in the team, fine . Imo one way of getting him in the side is playing him wide in a front 3 . 
442 we’re wide open, 352 we don’t create anything. Buck stops with him. Apart from korey , he signed off on these players but he can’t figure out a system to fit them in . 

From what I’ve read I believe that LJ was sent off AGAIN after the final whistle so that’ll be another 3 games with the coach sat in the stands .  If the coach has no discipline at all how can he instil it in the players ? ( Weiman booked for the 7th time , Fammy’s 9 games banned in the past season and s half etc ) . Where there’s a lack of behavioural discipline there’s usually a lack of physical discipline too so just how tight is our ship ? Time’s up LJ ! 

Everything around the club seems to have gone very stale. Split fan base on opinion of the manager drab football and lacklustre atmosphere !

I would seriously considered swapping my Season Ticket for a National Trust membership next season and spend some time out in the fresh air..stress free..unless some big improvements are not made between now and May!

whether that’s new players or management we have a good opportunity with our league position to push on          the time is now!!

2 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

So it's LJ's fault that Brentford have been clinical with our mistakes and that an International ex-Prem defender allows himself to get involved in an off the ball spat for a stupid booking?

Yea as that changes a straight red card doesn't it? I don't blame him for that but what sort of ******* idiot doesn't bring on a centre back when you have one sent off? Then waits until that mistake is made patently bloody obvious by conceding another before then withdrawing our only useful player with the ball at his feet. 

And to be fair he then makes an even worse ******* sub by pulling of Watkins who has been far and away our best player. 

Today's performance from the manager is absolutely indefensible. 

1 minute ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

Everything around the club seems to have gone very stale. Split fan base on opinion of the manager drab football and lacklustre atmosphere !

I would seriously considered swapping my Season Ticket for a National Trust membership next season and spend some time out in the fresh air..stress free..unless some big improvements are not made between now and May!

whether that’s new players or management we have a good opportunity with our league position to push on          the time is now!!

+1

2 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

What a football manager, or head coach, does is create, provide, foster, organise and oversee and maintain an environment in which the staff he is responsible for - the players, firstly - and whom he has recruited and selected for their suitability for his club and the task in hand, can perform to their potential on a consistent basis. 

He also is there to provide answers and solutions when problems and obstacles - even crises - arise. When things are going well, his task is not to get in their way (ie Ranieri at Leicester).

It is unfair to judge a manager or coach on one off occasions such as the errors of Williams and others today. A manager of coach should be judged over the longer term, a season perhaps, four years certainly. 

If people are still looking to apportion blame to individual players four years into a football manager /coach's stint, I would politely suggest they are missing something. Something important.

If Lee is pointing the finger anywhere but himself, he is missing something important too.

Big four or five months coming now for LJ.

Archived