Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Hare Island

Enough is enough

We are clearly smack bang in the middle of another one of LJ's horror runs. It always feels like they will go on forever but eventually he strings a few wins together and it gets forgotten.

It is very frustrating but we will just have to grin and bear it. SL isn't one to act in haste and I think he really doesn't want to sack him. 

I can see the crowds dwindling now and after today I can think of many less frustrating ways to spend my time.

29 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

LJ's played a formation at home that most would have agreed with at the start of the game as it gets Elliason involved, rather than to change a system to match the opposition which in fairness the coaching team have got stick for from the fans in the past.

The fact remains true, they clearly identified our weaknesses and played to them. Diagonal balls behind Hunt all afternoon. Then capitalised on our mistakes. 

He was at fault for at least 2 of the goals

I was worried when I saw the team sheet . He shouldn’t care what most of the fanbase think , it’s what he’s paid to do. They’re a very good side that will play through you if you let them and we handed it to them on a plate. If we’d have set up differently , they wouldn’t  of been able to expose hunt as much as they did. 442 was ridiculous especially when’s he’s already admitted we’re set up to be a counter attacking team . I don’t like negative football but it was crying out for 433 which he obviously doesn’t like playing or 451 . Try and nullify their movement and fluidity and hit them on the counter attack . We were wide open .

He wants to appease the fans by getting elliasson in the team, fine . Imo one way of getting him in the side is playing him wide in a front 3 . 
442 we’re wide open, 352 we don’t create anything. Buck stops with him. Apart from korey , he signed off on these players but he can’t figure out a system to fit them in . 

From what I’ve read I believe that LJ was sent off AGAIN after the final whistle so that’ll be another 3 games with the coach sat in the stands .  If the coach has no discipline at all how can he instil it in the players ? ( Weiman booked for the 7th time , Fammy’s 9 games banned in the past season and s half etc ) . Where there’s a lack of behavioural discipline there’s usually a lack of physical discipline too so just how tight is our ship ? Time’s up LJ ! 

Everything around the club seems to have gone very stale. Split fan base on opinion of the manager drab football and lacklustre atmosphere !

I would seriously considered swapping my Season Ticket for a National Trust membership next season and spend some time out in the fresh air..stress free..unless some big improvements are not made between now and May!

whether that’s new players or management we have a good opportunity with our league position to push on          the time is now!!

2 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

So it's LJ's fault that Brentford have been clinical with our mistakes and that an International ex-Prem defender allows himself to get involved in an off the ball spat for a stupid booking?

Yea as that changes a straight red card doesn't it? I don't blame him for that but what sort of ******* idiot doesn't bring on a centre back when you have one sent off? Then waits until that mistake is made patently bloody obvious by conceding another before then withdrawing our only useful player with the ball at his feet. 

And to be fair he then makes an even worse ******* sub by pulling of Watkins who has been far and away our best player. 

Today's performance from the manager is absolutely indefensible. 

1 minute ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

Everything around the club seems to have gone very stale. Split fan base on opinion of the manager drab football and lacklustre atmosphere !

I would seriously considered swapping my Season Ticket for a National Trust membership next season and spend some time out in the fresh air..stress free..unless some big improvements are not made between now and May!

whether that’s new players or management we have a good opportunity with our league position to push on          the time is now!!

+1

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

were you around 40 years ago …..good job there wasn't this internet bollocks back then

Then we all argued about City in the pub, a lot better, as we could all get pissed, especially after a performance like today.

2 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

So it's LJ's fault that Brentford have been clinical with our mistakes and that an International ex-Prem defender allows himself to get involved in an off the ball spat for a stupid booking?

What a football manager, or head coach, does is create, provide, foster, organise and oversee and maintain an environment in which the staff he is responsible for - the players, firstly - and whom he has recruited and selected for their suitability for his club and the task in hand, can perform to their potential on a consistent basis. 

He also is there to provide answers and solutions when problems and obstacles - even crises - arise. When things are going well, his task is not to get in their way (ie Ranieri at Leicester).

It is unfair to judge a manager or coach on one off occasions such as the errors of Williams and others today. A manager of coach should be judged over the longer term, a season perhaps, four years certainly. 

If people are still looking to apportion blame to individual players four years into a football manager /coach's stint, I would politely suggest they are missing something. Something important.

If Lee is pointing the finger anywhere but himself, he is missing something important too.

Big four or five months coming now for LJ.

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He will (rightly) get this window and rest of season to get it right. 

But I do think if he can’t by May then a change should be considered. 

We would be laughing stock to sack a manager when in top half of table and traditionally a lower half/league one club mid way through a season. If SL can line up someone to take us a bit further then it should definitely be considered. 

The overreacting from some fans as usual is hilarious. It’s like we are bottom or near the relegation zone. 

Rubbish,  how much longer can we go on backing him - the reason we are playing so badly is the players are the people that know him best and know him for what he is - A fraud with absolutely no managerial skill

Out of interest would people rather give Lee another January to make signings and then chop at the end of the year, or chop now and let the new manager have this season to properly evaluate the squad?

I'd rather the latter in case Lee gets desperate and blows more money on a panic signing ala Engvall.

• Like 1

I would not let him anywhere near any new signings, he knows the players he has and can’t organise them to collectively make cup of tea!

19 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

From what I’ve read I believe that LJ was sent off AGAIN after the final whistle so that’ll be another 3 games with the coach sat in the stands .  If the coach has no discipline at all how can he instil it in the players ? ( Weiman booked for the 7th time , Fammy’s 9 games banned in the past season and s half etc ) . Where there’s a lack of behavioural discipline there’s usually a lack of physical discipline too so just how tight is our ship ? Time’s up LJ ! 

You obviously wasn't at Charlton then as that ship was hit by a torpedo and some how we've not sunk yet.... Luton we papered over cracks which leaked open today and it's very clear none of those players believe in him or his tactics. We again still cannot do the basics and until that's resolved will sink.

8 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Out of interest would people rather give Lee another January to make signings and then chop at the end of the year, or chop now and let the new manager have this season to properly evaluate the squad?

I'd rather the latter in case Lee gets desperate and blows more money on a panic signing ala Engvall.

Brentford showed us today where we should be by now if managed competently. We are miles off, it looked like a Premier League vs League one cup match.

Change now and give the new manager a chance to evaluate what he's got. Spend as required in the close season. 

• Like 2

I can’t believe that a Championship defence costing many millions gets beaten by a long ball time after time. The first goal today was a hurried clearance from their keeper and our defence couldn't deal with it. happens too often.