IGNORED

You can play good football and win on a budget

Numero Uno

QPR punching above their weight too. Reading on an upward curve under Bowen and Boro starting to get results. I fear for us. A couple of defeats against strugglers in the next few weeks and we'll be settling for Mid-table mediocrity and all the happy clappers with rose tinted glasses will be saying its progress. Meh... 

Slow down with the budget talk Brentford spent loads this summer. 

That said their squad is much trimmer and their manager/head coach has given them and identity and style that gets the most out of them. No chopping and changing players and formations. Bring in a top CB make him captain no dicking around with squad players being captain. Buy players and play them confident in his ability to get them playing well new league new country or not

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Slow down with the budget talk Brentford spent loads this summer. 

That said their squad is much trimmer and their manager/head coach has given them and identity and style that gets the most out of them. No chopping and changing players and formations. Bring in a top CB make him captain no dicking around with squad players being captain. Buy players and play them confident in his ability to get them playing well new league new country or not

Brentford have to comply with FFP on 60% of the crowds we get.....

16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Brentford have to comply with FFP on 60% of the crowds we get.....

And spent near 30m in incomings. They had the top budget in terms of spending this summer. Their window very similar to ours. Not saying they don’t have more limitations that us but they had money to spend which most teams can only dream of nowadays. They get most their money from outgoings just like us. They just get more out of it than us. Better coaches, better scouting and therefore better talent

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

And spent near 30m in incomings. They had the top budget in terms of spending this summer. Their window very similar to ours. Not saying they don’t have more limitations that us but they had money to spend which most teams can only dream of nowadays. They get most their money from outgoings just like us. They just get more out of it than us. Better coaches, better scouting and therefore better talent

You mean how we basically had the same transfer revenue?

For the amount we spent on Adelakun, Bakinson, and Szmodics, we could of signed Said Benrahma.

Let that sink in.

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

For the amount we spent on Adelakun, Bakinson, and Szmodics, we could of signed Said Benrahma.

Let that sink in.

Doesn’t have to sink in for me! I get it. They buy players and use them. They don’t buy cover they buy starters. Trim squad and a B team they are developing as well. They are the model we want to be. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Doesn’t have to sink in for me! I get it. They buy players and use them. They don’t buy cover they buy starters. Trim squad and a B team they are developing as well. They are the model we want to be. 

Yep sums it up.

This clubs in bag approach needs to end. Now.

Sell the spares or loan where possible, (Walsh, Wright, Szmodics, Bakinson, Pato, Korey, Adelakun); get a CB in, bin Williams, recall Morrell, get a Striker.

19 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Let that sink in.

Doesn't matter, we could have signed Benrahma and we would have made him shit.

2 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Doesn't matter, we could have signed Benrahma and we would have made him shit.

Not sure on that one Red.

O'Dowda was always completely unproven and simply doesnt seem to have the character to dress himself down and improve (why we offered him a new deal I haven't the foggiest), and we havent seemingly ****ed up Massengo's development.

Yet, anyway.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Not sure on that one Red.

O'Dowda was always completely unproven and simply doesnt seem to have the character to dress himself down and improve (why we offered him a new deal I haven't the foggiest), and we havent seemingly ****ed up Massengo's development.

Yet, anyway.

O'Dowda is a lost cause

I genuine feel sorry for the likes of Massengo under this current regime. His potential will get absolutely damaged here. 

The plan and analysis that Benham has built into Brentford is exceptional. For nearly 8 years that club has been run in a scientific manner. They've stuck to their guns and although a slow process they've taken very few steps backwards. It is intelligent, consistent, and effective. It's also damn hard to emulate without the background software and analysis team that Benham and his company can employ.

It's not moneyball, it's a concerted effort to maximise the potential of a tightly controlled club.

Archived