IGNORED

The Johnson remain camp

Alan Dicks

We've been in this sort of position before and gone on excellent runs out of nowhere. It wouldn't be surprise if that happens again.

That said, we could be in the bottom half soon. If he doesn't get a result sharpish I can't think of many reasons to have any hope he'll turn it round.

4 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Don’t really think he can be held accountable for individual errors and a sending off which was essentially our downfall . Thought we played quite well with 10 men at times 

He's a football manager.  It's the territory.  

Individual errors continuously happening are a sign of a greater malaise within the squad.  Watching games live it seems to me we are brittle and that certain players seem favoured and undroppable whilst others seem to be hooked far too easily.  Not a meritocracy basically.

21 minutes ago, city1983 said:

Joe Jordan.

gary johnson

steve cotterill

probably danny Wilson 

Johnson certainly not the worst manager we’ve ever had but plenty of better managers playing better football

I really hope you’re not being serious. None of the above have anything like the track record Lee has. You only need to look at seasonal finishes. 

Unfortunately this seems like another case of don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone, just like we had with GJ way back when. 

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

8th is higher than 9th ?

Yes, but circumstances and situations were sooooo different - an equal achievement in my eyes - and we won more games in that 1990/1991 season than LJ did last season - totally admit I’m clutching at straws and dodgy stats to support my point - but it has to be recognised that LJ has been given more support from the owner than any other manager in our history - even relatively speaking - so to me Jimmy Lumsden’s achievement was as impressive as anything LJ has done - and I know it was a fair old time ago but Alan Dicks’ achievements also put LJ in his shadow, although it has to be said that Dicks did enjoy a fair amount of loyalty from the club’s hierarchy at the time - but it wasn’t as fashionable to change manager several times a season back then so most managers were given fairly long term support ...

14 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

We've been in this sort of position before and gone on excellent runs out of nowhere. It wouldn't be surprise if that happens again.

That said, we could be in the bottom half soon. If he doesn't get a result sharpish I can't think of many reasons to have any hope he'll turn it round.

You've contradicted yourself there

Thoughts? We’re on a bad run and have failings / shortcomings as a team (as do every team). But 6 games ago we were 4th  - which was a sign of success.

IMO you can’t sack your manager after 5 losses that is knee jerk, fickle, foolish, deluded etc. If you wanted Johnson out 6 games ago when we were fourth then there’s no hope for you.

LJ needs backing in Jan and for the rest of the season then we’ll see where we’re at.

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You've contradicted yourself there

Sort of, but I'm saying it could happen, that doesn't mean it will. The longer things go south the less faith I think we can have that LJ will pull it out of the bag again.

We are 2 points off the playoff's and the top six place LJ supposedly can never deliver. We have progressed our league position every season he has been in charge. We are on points to games the 16th best team in the whole country in the last calendar year.  LJ is like Wenger at Arsenal, Moyes at West Ham or Mick McCarthy at Ipswich totally under appreciated for for he has done - the idea we can get a new manager who guaranteed to improve us or take us t the next level is so ridiculous and naive. Not to mention the potential upheaval change in staff and restructuring the players to suit the new mans style. 

24 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Generally speaking im in the LJ stay camp, our squad has never been so talented and it’s only a bad patch like any team can have. 
However it’s becoming very obvious the “fluid, fast paced, attacking” football we once had has gone, and this new ‘ lets be solid, frustrate the opposition and sneak wins by odd moments of individual quality’ is wearing thin to everyone. 
LJ will be here untill summer, but I have a feeling he’ll be gone on then as I can’t see us being in the Top 6 which will be SL minimum requirement

The thing with this let's be solid thing is patently not working.  How many goals have we shipped in at home now?

With this style of play nothing is going to change anytime soon.

21 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

LJ in before the game and LJ in after the game 

my only negative point after today was I thought Taylor Moore should have started over Williams ( I said that before the game by the way ) as he is more equipped to deal with Brentford’s pace 

We seemed better ( more solid)  earlier in the season with Kalas and Moore at the centre of a back 4 and Nagy just in front.

19 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

We are 2 points off the playoff's and the top six place LJ supposedly can never deliver. We have progressed our league position every season he has been in charge. We are on points to games the 16th best team in the whole country in the last calendar year.  LJ is like Wenger at Arsenal, Moyes at West Ham or Mick McCarthy at Ipswich totally under appreciated for for he has done - the idea we can get a new manager who guaranteed to improve us or take us t the next level is so ridiculous and naive. Not to mention the potential upheaval change in staff and restructuring the players to suit the new mans style. 

So are you actually implying we stick with LJ to make that next step?? If so you are clearly blinkered.... If you went to Charlton boxing day you would have witnessed a deeper problem in the camp and once that happens you either normally remove the players who have questioned the managers tactics or the manager goes. Personally we're in a catch 22 so get loans in if we can and see where we end up but to move forward LJ and Co have to go.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Not quite fair on Johnson Snr. He worked a minor miracle on a then shoe string budget, as opposed to Johnson Jnr who has spent more and more year on year.

I think he said he needed three windows to sort out the team , withstanding the players we have sold , I think this is his eighth coming up , shouldn’t be long now 

47 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Not my quotes but sums the little tosser up

'The Peter Principle. Managers are over promoted until they pass their level of competence.

Senior was a short jovial man with a larger than life demeanour, Junior is a short man'

'This is in stark contrast to the last manager whom ALL players had full respect for whether they were playing or not.

Junior is spiteful and ducks players over to prove a point.

Players previously knew what to expect and what was required (including fans).. these days I think many just expect the worst.'

'It's a naturally not nice personality mixed with having the pish ripped out of him growing up, due to his height, added with a dash of nobody taking him seriously as an adult, due to his height, which has caused it tbf.'

What a cock you are..... 

56 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Name a manager who’s been allowed to spend as much on transfers and sign as many players in the last 30 years?

Name a manger who’s raised as much revenue for the club as LJ - not just the last 30 years either - ever.

Archived