IGNORED

Ollie Watkins

westonred

Ollie Watkins was booked in the 9th minute today why didn't we get in his face, kick him up in the air, anything possible to get a reaction and get him sent off. No we don't get anywhere near him all game hence he scores 2 goals against us. This was tactically naive, any other team would have had the experience and gamesmanship to get nasty against him. We are too nice and tactically clueless time to say bye and Thanks for all you've done LJ but we won't go any further with you in charge

Exactly what I was thinking, clearly got a little temper. Few sly elbows, kick ins, a few words, this is what the top teams would of done. Hunt should of shoved him off the pitch not long after Williams got sent off to try and get under his skin. But did nothing.

I think the only player that would of seen this and tried to get him a second yellow would of been Williams..

4 minutes ago, Dodgy_Giefer said:

Was that the guy who did the rainbow flick? An actual rainbow flick in a real game of football? ?

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That was Benrahma.

Takes the piss really doesn't it, that summed the game up.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep.

That annoyed me as much as anything else. We didn't even have the gumption to try and put him into the stand.

Exactly.

Also Watkins was booked at the same time as Williams, so why we never tried to wind him up I don't know.

Hunt, Kalas, even Smith, easily could have tried it.

3 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Every time we play Brentford it frustrates me that we didn’t sign Watkins. Playing locally at Exeter, we’ll within our price range, a very obviously talented player..... why the hell didn’t we sign him? 

Prob didn’t have the attributes to fit in with our DNA.......

Best player on the park by miles...constantly moving for his team mates, strong, aggressive, intelligent, Fantastic footballer. Was constantly comparing his movement with our front line. What a difference. Shame we didn't bust a gut to buy him when at Exeter...we scouted him enough.

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Ollie Watkins was booked in the 9th minute today why didn't we get in his face, kick him up in the air, anything possible to get a reaction and get him sent off. No we don't get anywhere near him all game hence he scores 2 goals against us. This was tactically naive, any other team would have had the experience and gamesmanship to get nasty against him. We are too nice and tactically clueless time to say bye and Thanks for all you've done LJ but we won't go any further with you in charge

Agree with this, left the ground thinking we are just to nice and soft, hence why we get bullied in games, when players are going at you like today we need to get some firm tackles and let them know they are there. Some of the tackling from Hunt and Dasilva was a joke. Losing needs to hurt more and make the players nasty and prepared to go toe to toe and get in there face. The only fight seems to have been LJ after the game.

42 minutes ago, shelts said:

Clever from Watkins rattling the experienced Williams . A player on City’s radar while at Exeter . 

We're like the Arsenal of the championship, *nearly* signed every single decent player but it fell through.

I assume we also nearly signed Ethan Pinnock as well, who was originally at Forest Green Rovers?

2 hours ago, Jacki said:

Every time we play Brentford it frustrates me that we didn’t sign Watkins. Playing locally at Exeter, we’ll within our price range, a very obviously talented player..... why the hell didn’t we sign him? 

Did we decide on COD instead as Exeter wanted a bit more money? Mental. 

Archived