IGNORED

Ollie Watkins

westonred

4 hours ago, westonred said:

Ollie Watkins was booked in the 9th minute today why didn't we get in his face, kick him up in the air, anything possible to get a reaction and get him sent off. No we don't get anywhere near him all game hence he scores 2 goals against us. This was tactically naive, any other team would have had the experience and gamesmanship to get nasty against him. We are too nice and tactically clueless time to say bye and Thanks for all you've done LJ but we won't go any further with you in charge

Doesn't that risk a red card for the side doing that these days? Game's changed!

5 hours ago, westonred said:

Ollie Watkins was booked in the 9th minute today why didn't we get in his face, kick him up in the air, anything possible to get a reaction and get him sent off. No we don't get anywhere near him all game hence he scores 2 goals against us. This was tactically naive, any other team would have had the experience and gamesmanship to get nasty against him. We are too nice and tactically clueless time to say bye and Thanks for all you've done LJ but we won't go any further with you in charge

Because, according to the wise ones on here, it’s only Warnock’s teams and Alex Neil’s teams who indulge in such despicable tactics, and they label it cheating. I agree with you. I call it ‘streetwise’ but there you go ... we are way too nice as you say, soft and naive when it comes to the robust side of the game, it ain’t cheating, it’s part of the game ...

47 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Because, according to the wise ones on here, it’s only Warnock’s teams and Alex Neil’s teams who indulge in such despicable tactics, and they label it cheating. I agree with you. I call it ‘streetwise’ but there you go ... we are way too nice as you say, soft and naive when it comes to the robust side of the game, it ain’t cheating, it’s part of the game ...

Given how we've been prone to being unduly penalised and especially since last April, I dunno how well that holds. 

Interesting when watching back on Quest, part of the commentary/analysis unless I misheard, it said that Williams had been frustrated by Watkins. 

Who is to say that eg one of our defenders kicking Watkins up in the air wouldn't have resulted in a straight red? Modern game and our track record especially! 

Worth reminding you (and everyone else) in the last 6-7 months when off season excluded:

1) Aston Villa away. Goal very questionably disallowed and they get a joke of a pen. That's two or one bare minimum.

2) Derby at home. Semenyo straight red. For what??  Two or three. 

3) Preston Away. Multiple. Multiple debating points but one of their goals- possibly their 3rd which was the equaliser with their guy climbing all over our defender. Three or four! 

4) WBA away. Their 3rd and 4th both evidently offside. Five or six! 

5) Sheffield Wednesday away. We didn't deserve anything, they were better but the penalty was a bit of a gift! 

And that's just the ones I immediately recall! Between 5 and 7...

Being cute sounds like it wouldn't be much use  to us, probably get us more howlers really. 

Something that posters such as @westonred perhaps fail to factor in. Some of these decisions personally don't give me much hope about how well we get or will get away with the dark arts! 

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Given how we've been prone to being unduly penalised and especially since last April, I dunno how well that holds. 

Interesting when watching back on Quest, part of the commentary/analysis unless I misheard, it said that Williams had been frustrated by Watkins. 

Who is to say that eg one of our defenders kicking Watkins up in the air wouldn't have resulted in a straight red? Modern game and our track record especially! 

Worth reminding you (and everyone else) in the last 6-7 months when off season excluded:

1) Aston Villa away. Goal very questionably disallowed and they get a joke of a pen. That's two or one bare minimum.

2) Derby at home. Semenyo straight red. For what??  Two or three. 

3) Preston Away. Multiple. Multiple debating points but one of their goals- possibly their 3rd which was the equaliser with their guy climbing all over our defender. Three or four! 

4) WBA away. Their 3rd and 4th both evidently offside. Five or six! 

5) Sheffield Wednesday away. We didn't deserve anything, they were better but the penalty was a bit of a gift! 

And that's just the ones I immediately recall! Between 5 and 7...

Being cute sounds like it wouldn't be much use  to us, probably get us more howlers really. 

Something that posters such as @westonred perhaps fail to factor in. Some of these decisions personally don't give me much hope about how well we get or will get away with the dark arts! 

‘Two or one’ what?

‘Two or three’ what?

’Three or four’ what?

’Five or six’ what?

’Between 5 and 7’ what?

....are you talking about decisions against us? Cos my post wasn’t about that so I don’t get this response if so....

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

‘Two or one’ what?

‘Two or three’ what?

’Three or four’ what?

’Five or six’ what?

’Between 5 and 7’ what?

....are you talking about decisions against us? Cos my post wasn’t about that so I don’t get this response if so....

5-7 big decisions. 

I'm saying that when we give a ref a big decision to make it is often against us... 

Perhaps we're cross purposes though!

2 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Genuinely didn’t think he was that great. Just was in the right position every time for his goals. Benrahma and that Norgaard on the other hand utter class

I think Ollie Watkins would walk into every Championship teams starting line up. Well, possibly not ours (just a liittle joke in the darkest times! :))

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm saying that when we give a ref a big decision to make it is often against us... 

From the start yesterday I had this feeling, couple of blatant pushes and when Fam got dragged to the ground then penalised for holding the blokes shirt!

Anyway Watkins. Didn’t Exeter want £750k to £1m from us when we enquired, then accepted £500k when Brentford came in? Might be misremembering but I recall something like this.

27 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

From the start yesterday I had this feeling, couple of blatant pushes and when Fam got dragged to the ground then penalised for holding the blokes shirt!

Anyway Watkins. Didn’t Exeter want £750k to £1m from us when we enquired, then accepted £500k when Brentford came in? Might be misremembering but I recall something like this.

Took Diedhiou a while to win anything much...but then he often does, refs don't give him much. 

Yes I recall something similar too, reading about it on here (the underlying story, specifically numbers wise unsure) but they did try and charge us more didn't they?

At least as I've seen on here before!

44 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I recall their defender trying to give Fam a piggy back yesterday and we just waved play on. Ref was awful again

Archived