IGNORED

Was it that bad?

GTFABM

A number of early individual errors made the job of beating Brentford even harder than it already was at kick off.

Errors from players and the manager meant we had an awful lot to do. Actually after the substitution we were at times as good as you can ever fairly expect a 10 man team to be.

The last two goals came as we tired and were the icing on the cake for Brentford.

A very strange match.

3 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

You Ain’t climbing mountains fast when your leader has short legs!! 

Criticise all you want for his decisions, tactics or motivational skills - there's plenty of material for you there. Jokes about his height are just childish and serve only to devalue any rational argument against him.

Tibetans, Nepalese, Peruvians and other peoples that inhabit high altitudes are naturally quite short and are simultaneously excellent mountain climbers so your joke doesn't even work.

Yes, I am the life and sole of every ******* party I attend.

Yes it was that bad. Ok we showed some spirit down 2 and with 10 men but isn’t that bare ******* minimum? It was utterly depressing today watching a very similar club(buy young, develop, sell high rinse and repeat) be better technically, be better athletically, be more composed, be more patient all that and I’d guess they had a younger starting XI? They are a better run club and compare us to them and see how much we are really just bang average but keep being fed shit about how we want to crack the top 6. It is all bullshit and we will hear the same this January how we are a player away. Then in the summer we had a good window. Then in October we need to gel then in January we are one player away again. The club needs a clear out. Starting with new head coach and assistant head coaches. Then a massive clear out of players not good enough. Harshly the list is Smith, O’Dowda, Watkins, Wright, Williams, Maenpaa, Adelakun, Bakinson, Hunt, Rowe, Szmodics, Paterson, Rodri and maybe even a few of the lads on loan. Some of them useful but are any of them getting into that Brentford XI? Any of them getting into Leeds XI? No PP at those clubs so not sure why we should settle for them. 

33 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I only have a short time before i am back on the road so don’t have time to go through all the threads. Was it really as bad as it seems? Try and be a bit more helpful than ‘yes’ or ‘worse’ if you can ?

Yes and worse ?

• Admin

Dreadful start, gifted them a 2-0 lead and realistically never looked like getting back into it.  No on pitch leadership, bizarre and bemusing managerial decisions and no real structure to the play.  

We need to start better, have better game management, get some players who can be on field leaders, shore up a pitiful defence and also play some football that encourages fans to come and watch.....

Was very odd coming out to watch the second half knowing that we had no chance whatsoever of getting a result, even though I though we played very well once he made the change. 
why he waited until we let in the second goal to make the change is beyond me, and shows to me that he can’t do the basics right.

brentford are a very good side and playoff bound, and we were always going to struggle against them play smith at centre back and Weimann in centre midfield 

Brentford at home is a match where we always struggle we've now lost 5out of the last 6 at AG against them. People on here talk about them as if they were some wonder team but they were only 2 points ahead of us before today. If we can add a couple of good strikers in the window and start picking up points again soon then we're still in with a chance, at least there's no chance of relegation like we've had to endure so many times at this level before LJ arrived

48 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If you're having to resort to taking the piss out of his height then you've lost the argument.

There's plenty to justifiably criticise him for without being a knob about it.

I would not dare take the p out of his height or lack of!

he is really tall for a Lilliputian 

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Brentford at home is a match where we always struggle we've now lost 5out of the last 6 at AG against them. People on here talk about them as if they were some wonder team but they were only 2 points ahead of us before today. If we can add a couple of good strikers in the window and start picking up points again soon then we're still in with a chance, at least there's no chance of relegation like we've had to endure so many times at this level before LJ arrived

and a million football light years ahead on class, technique, tactics... you name it.

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

If we could pass the ball and defend then that would be a start. I don’t know what LJ coaches them but somehow the players seem to have forgotten the basics in the process. We were outplayed today simple as.

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

If we could pass the ball and defend then that would be a start. I don’t know what LJ coaches them but somehow the players seem to have forgotten the basics in the process. We were outplayed today simple as.

We were outplayed today but it's only one game too many on here judge us on the last game rather than the season as a whole, it's only half over and every team has poor results at some point in this league. Brentford had a terrible start to the season but they stuck with the manager, look at Cardiff today letting in 6 at QPR I expect their fans aren't too happy but they've only just changed managers recently it doesn't always work

12 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

We were outplayed today but it's only one game too many on here judge us on the last game rather than the season as a whole, it's only half over and every team has poor results at some point in this league. Brentford had a terrible start to the season but they stuck with the manager, look at Cardiff today letting in 6 at QPR I expect their fans aren't too happy but they've only just changed managers recently it doesn't always work

We have been poor for the last month, not just the last game! Luton were perfect opponents on Sunday as they were even worse than us. However our form is 5 losses out of 6, and unless it improves quickly we will be in the bottom half of the table after the next loss and peering nervously over our shoulders in case any more of the teams at the bottom start to improve. We have Wigan and Barnsley up next in the league. Anything less than 4 points from that pair of games and we can write off another season of “development”.

1 hour ago, GTFABM said:

I only have a short time before i am back on the road so don’t have time to go through all the threads. Was it really as bad as it seems? Try and be a bit more helpful than ‘yes’ or ‘worse’ if you can ?

The game was effectively over when they scored their second. 
I thought we did ok second half, considering. The last 2 goals were a bit harsh on us for at least competing. 

Not as bad as many are making out, but you can’t ever take much satisfaction from a 4-0 home league defeat, whatever the circumstances and potential reasons. 

Positives - I thought Fammy especially & Watkins were very good. 

Individual errors cost us today. Move on to the next one. 

42 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

What changes? Sorry haven’t even seen the timeline of subs? 

We went one down then had Williams sent off.  Smith is moved into central defence and Weimann into central midfield.  We lose what little grip on the game we had, the defence is even more over run and we go two down.

Moore is then brought on for Eliasson.  The defence looks tighter, Moore does some of what he is really good at bringing the ball forward and we create some half chances.

Watkins is taken off for Nagy on 73 minutes and then Johnson decides to really go for it and replaces Weimann with Rodri in the 78th minute.

Ollie Watkins then scores twice.

The general consensus is that Moore should have been brought on immediately to try and keep it tight at the back and take the sting out of being 1.0 down and maybe hit them on the break.  Always a chance at 0.1 and so on.

The other general consensus is that going gung-ho with 10 men against a very  in form Brentford is a surprising and foolhardy tactic.

There is some debate over whether it should have been Eliasson who went off, although to be fair this is not a clear cut decision.

To sum up:

Most people think it was the wrong starting line up.

Almost everyone thinks Moore should have come on straight away.

There is some debate who should have made way for him.

There were then some very gung-ho decisions at the end.

We all agree it was not cosmic, but we got some crosses in.

Whilst stature isn't normally of import if you're a 5'6" deadweight, non-swimmer, plummeting at pace from the High Board at Filwood Baths, then the realization you're wholly out of your depth should be of grave concern to all.

As should be the prospect of a manager who has a preoccupation with signing players in his own image and who clearly has 'issues' with those standing up to him.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

The game was effectively over when they scored their second. 
I thought we did ok second half, considering. The last 2 goals were a bit harsh on us for at least competing. 

Not as bad as many are making out, but you can’t ever take much satisfaction from a 4-0 home league defeat, whatever the circumstances and potential reasons. 

Positives - I thought Fammy especially & Watkins were very good. 

Individual errors cost us today. Move on to the next one. 

Pretty much the game I saw mate.

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Whilst stature isn't normally of import if you're a 5'6" deadweight, non-swimmer, plummeting at pace from the High Board at Filwood Baths, then the realization you're wholly out of your depth should be of grave concern to all.

As should be the prospect of a manager who has a preoccupation with signing players in his own image and who clearly has 'issues' with those standing up to him.

Filwood Baths long gone which maybe appropriate for the subject of your second paragraph.

• Admin
3 hours ago, GTFABM said:

Yes

Archived