IGNORED

Was it that bad?

GTFABM

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Whilst stature isn't normally of import if you're a 5'6" deadweight, non-swimmer, plummeting at pace from the High Board at Filwood Baths, then the realization you're wholly out of your depth should be of grave concern to all.

As should be the prospect of a manager who has a preoccupation with signing players in his own image and who clearly has 'issues' with those standing up to him.

Are Brentford's midfield so much bigger and more physically imposing? Not especially.

As a side they're better technically, tactically- seem more composed and definitely better coached- but I think this is a red herring.

Well I think of it this way, Brentford without looking fantastic were good to watch and got the job done with no real star players.

I think we can forget big money bags clubs like WBA, Leeds etc but if we were like Brentfird and had to watch football like that week in week out I wouldn’t complain. 

No it wasn’t that bad-the loss was down to individual mistakes (Bentley, hunt, Kalas and Williams). We completed well with 10 men, didn’t look like conceding and constantly probed against a very good team. Obviously they picked us off in the end but we gave it a good go. 

with a couple of additions and cutting out of these defensive mistakes I still feel this squad can go on a run and make the play offs. The bed wetters only see the result though don’t they..

8 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

No it wasn’t that bad-the loss was down to individual mistakes (Bentley, hunt, Kalas and Williams). We completed well with 10 men, didn’t look like conceding and constantly probed against a very good team. Obviously they picked us off in the end but we gave it a good go. 

with a couple of additions and cutting out of these defensive mistakes I still feel this squad can go on a run and make the play offs. The bed wetters only see the result though don’t they..

How many more inept home performances will it take for you to be worried? 

My last 32 home games over the last couple of seasons or so have seen 4 wins. Just 4. And they were boring spectacles. I'm sick of LJ. 

If you go one nil down at home, then get one sent off and play 3/4 of the game down to 10 men what normally happens?

Add into the mix a team in form....

im not making excuses BTW - just looking a thing it after a few hours. Who would have predicted Crapdiff would have got done 6:1? 

58 minutes ago, RedM said:

Well I think of it this way, Brentford without looking fantastic were good to watch and got the job done with no real star players.

I think we can forget big money bags clubs like WBA, Leeds etc but if we were like Brentfird and had to watch football like that week in week out I wouldn’t complain. 

Their front 3 will net them over 50m when they sell them. They have star players but agree they weren’t fantastic. What they were was organised and patient. Didn’t force anything and picked us apart in a way they do to most team. We saw a side with an identity today and even not at their best the netted 4 against a resilient 10 man city side who did work hard. 

43 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

How many more inept home performances will it take for you to be worried? 

My last 32 home games over the last couple of seasons or so have seen 4 wins. Just 4. And they were boring spectacles. I'm sick of LJ. 

Not many more but my point is that this wasn’t one of them! I couldn’t defend any of the performances in the 4 game losing streak and I am losing patience.

just feel Johnson deserves one more window and a shot at top 6-if he doesn’t achieve there will be no excuses and we part company in the summer 

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Their front 3 will net them over 50m when they sell them. They have star players but agree they weren’t fantastic. What they were was organised and patient. Didn’t force anything and picked us apart in a way they do to most team. We saw a side with an identity today and even not at their best the netted 4 against a resilient 10 man city side who did work hard. 

I meant that they hadn’t purchased star names as such but picked up players and developed them, which in fairness is what we are trying to do and have done successfully judging by the fees we have got when we have sold. Maybe though we have picked up more ‘duds’ than they have or their players have gelled better and don’t switch formations and selections as often as us. They had ‘something’ that we don’t yet.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I meant that they hadn’t purchased star names as such but picked up players and developed them, which in fairness is what we are trying to do and have done successfully judging by the fees we have got when we have sold. Maybe though we have picked up more ‘duds’ than they have or their players have gelled better and don’t switch formations and selections as often as us. They had ‘something’ that we don’t yet.

No more likes but great point. Didn’t see it from that angle. Jansson be the only top player they have bought. I don’t think we have picked up more duds just bought way too many. We don’t empower our players enough. Too often there are multiple options for one or two positions.

Brentford don’t really operate this way from what I can tell. Play with 3 CMs they have 4 with experience and a B team they trust. If they have injuries they call up from their B team which isn’t much different than an academy. Their RB an example who I thought was very good yesterday joined their B team this summer. For us an example would be CB we have used Moore, Kalas, Williams, Baker, Wright and even Periera as CBs this year. Who is that helping? Say we didn’t sign Williams at worst we would have started Moore and Baker. Wright came back into the fold soon after Williams was signed. We could have been more patient and saved the Williams money and Taylor Moore would have gotten more minutes(he should be anyway). For bench we could have had Baldwin or Cundy on it. We bought them both so we must believe they have something in them. 

12 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

A number of early individual errors made the job of beating Brentford even harder than it already was at kick off.

Errors from players and the manager meant we had an awful lot to do. Actually after the substitution we were at times as good as you can ever fairly expect a 10 man team to be.

The last two goals came as we tired and were the icing on the cake for Brentford.

A very strange match.

After the second goal, Brentford used the game like a training exercise. We could have lost 6/7-0; and it wouldn't have flattered them.

We got given a bit of the ball, passed it around a bit; a few of the players (Fammy, and Watkins in particular) weren't too bad. But at no stage, did we at any point do anything dangerous or creative.

In the second half, we had no shots, no corners, no blocked shots or anything offensively. I fail to see how we "played as well as them". That is just pure spin put out by LJ. He bought on Nagy (defensive midfielder for the remaining winger). Which further enhanced our creative spark.

Right from the substitution, it was clear the white flag was going up; and the please don't hurt us too much mantra was going out there. The substitution of Elliason sent a message to the players/Brentford & the fans that the game wad now one of damage limitation. That move made sense at 0-0, or even 1-0; but not at 2-0. 

They were very good, we were very poor. Would have been so much better for LJ tonshie some humility after the game; and then with the Press. That's what made the situation worse in my eyes.

For me it wasn’t the result, it was the fact that it just highlighted how many million miles away we are from what we should be. Brentford are everything we’re not.

******* Brentford. 

Urgent, intense, technically skilled all over the pitch, well organised, clear identity, everyone 100% in tune with each other.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

For me it wasn’t the result, it was the fact that it just highlighted how many million miles away we are from what we should be. Brentford are everything we’re not.

******* Brentford. 

Urgent, intense, technically skilled all over the pitch, well organised, clear identity, everyone 100% in tune with each other.

You are spot on, we are a million miles behind them.

Given that we spend twice what they do on wages that is a damming inditment of our coaching team - a change is required now.

3 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

You are spot on, we are a million miles behind them.

Given that we spend twice what they do on wages that is a damming inditment of our coaching team - a change is required now.

What really worried me was hearing him on the radio say how good we were. I get that by ‘good’ he meant ‘we didn’t let them score for quite a while’ but it was like a tiger toying with a mouse. 

To go on the radio and talk about the many positives you can take from what we saw is borderline fraud!

Yes it was that bad, to the extent it was 'game  over' at 2 - 0 and down to 10 men. I was so pi**ed of that for the first time in 50 years I left at half time as i did not want to witness a drubbing I feared was to follow, and the fact I did not feel 100% after a good new year. 

I am not a LJ 'out ' or  'in' man and TBH quite neutral about it,  but his interviews after match (readily available on the BCFC You Tube channel) were almost a man in denial.  For that reason for me its bad.

The thought that he thinks we can go in a 'run' and he believes in the group and there were many positives after a stuffing at home ?  We are more likely to lose a lot more than we win and we are more capable of losing more on the bounce than winning on the bounce. 

Archived