IGNORED

Straight RED For The Record

REDOXO

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bristol-city-0-4-brentford/

Read a few times people blaming Williams for a second Yellow!

WRONG.

He was given a straight red for trying to rescue a situation that was the fault of the melts in front of him! An almost weekly issue since Fulham and for a few games before!

He would have been better off letting the bloke go through.

1 minute ago, Super said:

He would have been better off letting the bloke go through.

He's a pro! He thinks he can make it. He didn't! However we would of been better if the mess never happened in the first place. But hey that's my bit of Hindsight Quarter Backing! 

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

WRONG.

He was given a straight red for trying to rescue a situation that was the fault of the melts in front of him! An almost weekly issue since Fulham and for a few games before!

Still blame him he was never getting anywhere near the ball and should have left it to Bentley, would rather be 2-0 with 11 than 1 down with 10 men. 

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

WRONG.

Thanks for that Poirot, we saw it as we we at the game, he was given a yellow because of an altercation with Watkins before the tackle which is why people thought he was given 2 yellows.

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

Still blame him he was never getting anywhere near the ball and should have left it to Bentley, would rather be 2-0 with 11 than 1 down with 10 men. 

The one thing LJ did right today was not blame Williams for the mess created by the players in front of him. But I wont comment anymore on the issue as the manager has said it!

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Williams seemed intent on getting sent off from the first minute today. Very odd. Maybe he's got plans for the next couple of weeks. 

First he was grabbing Watkins by the throat and next a professional foul as last man all in the first 13 minutes. 

Not to mention some pathetic defending for their first goal just a few minutes earlier

16 minutes ago, BCFC-Tom said:

Thanks for that Poirot, we saw it as we we at the game, he was given a yellow because of an altercation with Watkins before the tackle which is why people thought he was given 2 yellows.

Thanks for the irony Tom but as the post said people were posting here about it being a second yellow which is why I posted the fact it was not. I saw it too!

The Poirot shit is really not necessary...the answer to your comment is in the post!

Let's not forget he was needlessly booked for argy bargy with Watkins moments before. He was already wound up and when he saw a 50/50 his eyes lit up (was right in front of me) and went flying in, recklessly I reckon.

Could've just defended by running back to cover goal side.

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-c-vs-brentford/report/409649

Look at the red card incident in the highlights above. I don’t think Williams needed to fly in like that. He could have gone shoulder to shoulder with that player rather than slicing across him. I think his head was gone after the prior incident.

That's a yellow at best!

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-c-vs-brentford/report/409649

Look at the red card incident in the highlights above. I don’t think Williams needed to fly in like that. He could have gone shoulder to shoulder with that player rather than slicing across him. I think his head was gone after the prior incident.

Seeing it for the first time on that replay I thought he could get it, but I agree he should have stood him up

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

That's a yellow at best!

Last man, goal scoring opportunity definitely a red

The entire midfield and defence were at fault for the first.......Bentleys awful parry for the second.........and the third and fourth were inevitable!   Williams attempted tackle, was,  from an international defender appalling and unnecessary  IMHO.

Williams' head had gone after the initial yellow.

He needs to take responsibility for what spiraled into such a defeat.

Beforehand it was still anyone's game.

No need to do what he did. The fact is he got a red card.

The opinion is it was needless when on a yellow. He went back at Ollie Watkins and probably wanted to hurt him. Selfish if so; lacking in care for his teammates and the match.

Glad it will now hopefully allow for Moore to get back in the team and cement his place. Been our best CB this season.

Williams will know that he may now be pushed out of the team for a while pending injuries.

Archived