Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
REDOXO

Straight RED For The Record

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bristol-city-0-4-brentford/

 

Read a few times people blaming Williams for a second Yellow!

WRONG.

He was given a straight red for trying to rescue a situation that was the fault of the melts in front of him! An almost weekly issue since Fulham and for a few games before!

 

He would have been better off letting the bloke go through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Super said:

He would have been better off letting the bloke go through.

He's a pro! He thinks he can make it. He didn't! However we would of been better if the mess never happened in the first place. But hey that's my bit of Hindsight Quarter Backing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bristol-city-0-4-brentford/

 

Read a few times people blaming Williams for a second Yellow!

WRONG.

He was given a straight red for trying to rescue a situation that was the fault of the melts in front of him! An almost weekly issue since Fulham and for a few games before!

 

Still blame him he was never getting anywhere near the ball and should have left it to Bentley, would rather be 2-0 with 11 than 1 down with 10 men. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bristol-city-0-4-brentford/

 

Read a few times people blaming Williams for a second Yellow!

WRONG.

He was given a straight red for trying to rescue a situation that was the fault of the melts in front of him! An almost weekly issue since Fulham and for a few games before!

 

Thanks for that Poirot, we saw it as we we at the game, he was given a yellow because of an altercation with Watkins before the tackle which is why people thought he was given 2 yellows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

Still blame him he was never getting anywhere near the ball and should have left it to Bentley, would rather be 2-0 with 11 than 1 down with 10 men. 

The one thing LJ did right today was not blame Williams for the mess created by the players in front of him. But I wont comment anymore on the issue as the manager has said it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only good thing to come or that is Taylor Moore will hopefully get a chance to stake his claim, thought he looked very good when he come on, only problem, Bentley, Dasilva, Kallas & Hunt all seem to be making errors or just not doing their role

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AppyDAZE summed up William’s performance best on the other thread:

‘So he managed one and a half red cards. Good day's work, Ash (or 13 minutes to be accurate)’

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Williams seemed intent on getting sent off from the first minute today. Very odd. Maybe he's got plans for the next couple of weeks. 

First he was grabbing Watkins by the throat and next a professional foul as last man all in the first 13 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Williams seemed intent on getting sent off from the first minute today. Very odd. Maybe he's got plans for the next couple of weeks. 

First he was grabbing Watkins by the throat and next a professional foul as last man all in the first 13 minutes. 

Not to mention some pathetic defending for their first goal just a few minutes earlier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BCFC-Tom said:

Thanks for that Poirot, we saw it as we we at the game, he was given a yellow because of an altercation with Watkins before the tackle which is why people thought he was given 2 yellows.

Thanks for the irony Tom but as the post said people were posting here about it being a second yellow which is why I posted the fact it was not. I saw it too!

The Poirot shit is really not necessary...the answer to your comment is in the post!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not forget he was needlessly booked for argy bargy with Watkins moments before. He was already wound up and when he saw a 50/50 his eyes lit up (was right in front of me) and went flying in, recklessly I reckon.

Could've just defended by running back to cover goal side.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-c-vs-brentford/report/409649
 

Look at the red card incident in the highlights above. I don’t think Williams needed to fly in like that. He could have gone shoulder to shoulder with that player rather than slicing across him. I think his head was gone after the prior incident.

That's a yellow at best!

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-c-vs-brentford/report/409649
 

Look at the red card incident in the highlights above. I don’t think Williams needed to fly in like that. He could have gone shoulder to shoulder with that player rather than slicing across him. I think his head was gone after the prior incident.

Seeing it for the first time on that replay I thought he could get it, but I agree he should have stood him up

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

That's a yellow at best!

Last man, goal scoring opportunity definitely a red

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Seeing it for the first time on that replay I thought he could get it, but I agree he should have stood him up

Last man, goal scoring opportunity definitely a red

...not to mention nowhere near the ball! As nailed on a red as you’ll ever see.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Roe said:

Not to mention some pathetic defending for their first goal just a few minutes earlier

That was more hunt than Williams I think? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Spoons said:

That was more hunt than Williams I think? 

First Hunt, then Williams and at last Smith. All three defending very poorly for the first goal.

Edited by bristolcitysweden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire midfield and defence were at fault for the first.......Bentleys awful parry for the second.........and the third and fourth were inevitable!   Williams attempted tackle, was,  from an international defender appalling and unnecessary  IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Williams' head had gone after the initial yellow.

He needs to take responsibility for what spiraled into such a defeat.

Beforehand it was still anyone's game.

No need to do what he did. The fact is he got a red card.

The opinion is it was needless when on a yellow. He went back at Ollie Watkins and probably wanted to hurt him. Selfish if so; lacking in care for his teammates and the match.

Glad it will now hopefully allow for Moore to get back in the team and cement his place. Been our best CB this season.

Williams will know that he may now be pushed out of the team for a while pending injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched it again. Not saying it was a dangerous tackle by any means, but would he have gone in like that if it was Watkins going through, with whom he had his little spat with shortly before that?

Think his head had gone well and truly at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironic people spoke on other threads about needling, getting to Watkins- when it's quite clear that Williams head had gone somewhat after Watkins thing,

We don't 'play the game' very well, in that respect. 1-0 Watkins, 4-0 Brentford.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Reasonable chance we concede in that scenario though?

But the game was finished once he was sent off. Even at 0-2 11v11 we would still be in the game with so long left.

Edited by Super

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Super said:

But the game was finished once he was sent off. Even at 0-2 11v11 we would still be in the game with so long left.

Yeah true- may have been a better chance but struggle to see us coming back even at 11 v 11 from 2 down vs a side who keep the ball like Brentford.

They keep changing it, always assumed a straight red was a 3 game ban but seems it's one?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ironic people spoke on other threads about needling, getting to Watkins- when it's quite clear that Williams head had gone somewhat after Watkins thing,

We don't 'play the game' very well, in that respect. 1-0 Watkins, 4-0 Brentford.

Don't forget Williams also lost his head on Sunday against Luton  squaring up to one of their players getting a yellow card in an incident which was similar to the Watkins one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...