IGNORED

No time for abuse

Redcliffe1990

Heard one genuine racist remark and one homophobic slur in S25. Not to the mention all the other toxic sh**e being spouted. Think twice next time. For what it's worth, a high number of my neighbours on the council estate I live in are migrants. We need not deride, or use derogatory language towards others as a way to vent our discontent stemming from wage stagnation, high cost of living in Bristol, insecure private tenancies, insecure work, community fragmentation, whatever it may be.

You deride the players' effort yet leave with 15 minutes to go. ?

4 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Just out of interest, what happened when you reported these incidents, or confronted the abusers ?

It's a bit sad that this is the first response and your initial thought. We could probably all do more to combat this sort of thing but aren't the perpetrators the biggest issue here?

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

But if no one reports them, or even confront them, it will never stop.

Experienced this at Fulham, with some of our fans dishing out the same abuse to Fulham stewards. 

Not everyone has the spuds to stand up and say something. Appreciate that may be wrong but it’s not so easy for many. 

1 hour ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

Heard one genuine racist remark and one homophobic slur in S25. Not to the mention all the other toxic sh**e being spouted. Think twice next time. For what it's worth, a high number of my neighbours on the council estate I live in are migrants. We need not deride, or use derogatory language towards others as a way to vent our discontent stemming from wage stagnation, high cost of living in Bristol, insecure private tenancies, insecure work, community fragmentation, whatever it may be.

very sad in this day and age, having lived in a racist/homophobic era I do wonder if the person is at fault or society at the time(old days) you are brought up with improper sayings and they may just slip out at times. Not an excuse but just putting it out there, until the parents eradicate it from their language.

all children are born inclusive not exclusive adults teach the child.

14 minutes ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

Can we not have this political stuff on the forum please

There has not been any political stuff on this forum. There has been someone condemning racism and homophobic abuse, something all major political parties condemn and so too do the FA and the police. Even if for some bizarre reason you think homophobia and racism at football stadiums is not a problem, the FA do not share your view.

If we got a reputation for this kind of behaviour, it could lead to us being fined, getting stadium bans and getting a reputation that could make it harder to attract players. I am not sure where you think political content has been posted but the OP’s post is wholly and completely football related.

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

Certainly no abuse from S82 after about 70 minutes as all the super fans had gone home.

On a related note - when did it stop being the singing section? Maybe one for the new SLO to answer.

You got one against the Sags today...Good Lad!

2 hours ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

Did you report them to the stewards?

Some people are very narrow minded. 

I met a bloke before kickoff. Quite happy to use the "Pa*i" reference to an Asian shopkeeper. 

Same bloke didn't even have a clue where Cirencester was. 

It's no wonder some people struggle with others. When Cirencester is some far flung place. 

Educated by Gogglebox one imagines. 

4 hours ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

But presumably you told these idiots this aswell, apart from the ‘think twice next time’ bit but because they will be banned? Or did you do nothing and just hope they happen to read your post here?

If you don’t report it nothing will change.

I was on duty yesterday and again today .

nothing reported to police or stewards .

please dm me with the details as the only way the police and the club can deal with these issues is if we know about them. You can also e mail me on

Julie.hayward@avonandsomersetpolice.uk

as stated before cctv coverage of the ground is excellent and covers most parts most of the time , we can start an immediate enquiry into the allegations then in partnership with the club . 

Archived