IGNORED

Bentley....time for a rest ?

Spoons

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Think we are forgetting where we would be without his heroics in the first half of the season - he couldn't spend the whole season bailing us out.

The problem is not DB at all.

He's also part of the recent dip in form. That can't be ignored.

1 minute ago, kivsy said:

Why did Brentford ( a club we model ourselves on) 

let him go ? 

Good question. Probably because we matched their valuation. For the player a pay increase for sure. Definitely an upgrade on what we had.

I would agree he has been off the boil somewhat in the last few games, but there are at least 6 or 7 players I would put infront of him as underperforming.

I would like too see NM in the FA Cup. Perhaps a run of 3 or 4 games might give him a refocus. 

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

He's also part of the recent dip in form. That can't be ignored.

I feel we have been here before with Fielding...

Give Maenpaa the game against Shrewsbury, see how he does and potentially keep him in for the games against Wigan and Barnsley if he does ok.

The big question is how LJ sets up the central defence without Williams. Whatever he does he should keep Moore as he is what we have been missing since Webster, and to an extent Flint. He brings the ball out from defence plus he is happy to play long accurate passes to our side men. It also means we aren’t so pedestrian and limited playing out from the back.

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

In the last three defeats he has faced 46 shots - 20 on target - not sure is is a very big part of the problem.

This is not the sort of stats you expect from a play-off chasing team. But it's not DB's fault.

Wow! That really shows how bad we are at defending as a team. Even the very best keepers will struggle with that many shots on target.

That said I would still gives Bentley a rest for the cup game.

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

I’ve said a couple of times in here not as good as some think , was at fault for one of the goals today neither caught nor punched the ball .

not a bad keeper but prone to a few ricks , why did Brentford ( a club we model ourselves on) 

let him go ? 

I said the same last week, he's good and has saved us in games. Doesn't catch the ball as much as he should and rushes out a lot.

I don't think Nikki did much wrong last season up untill his injury? 

I would rest him for the cup game without a shadow of doubt. It will be good for him & good for Maenpaa. But I would bring him back in for the next league game. As for today, thought he could of done better on the second goal, should of caught it, or palmed it away ( to the side ) & definitely should of pushed the ball away from goal , not back to the centre for the 4th goal. But still number one for me at this point. COYR 

• Admin
13 hours ago, paul_fox said:

I said the same last week, he's good and has saved us in games. Doesn't catch the ball as much as he should and rushes out a lot.

I don't think Nikki did much wrong last season up untill his injury? 

For me, part of the reason he is suddenly making silly mistakes is for some reason he has started to try and punch everything away even when he has the opportunity to catch the ball

He's getting into areas that he doesn't need to and as a result causing problems to the defence in front of him. I wonder if this change of style is related to LJ bemoaning a lack of defensive strength in the air?

He’s not a bad keeper in fact he’s one of the best in this league. The problem he has is the other ten players in front of him that are not coordinated by a manager to long with bristol city.

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

For me, part of the reason he is suddenly making silly mistakes is for some reason he has started to try and punch everything away even when he has the opportunity to catch the ball

He's getting into areas that he doesn't need to and as a result causing problems to the defence in front of him. I wonder if this change of style is related to LJ bemoaning a lack of defensive strength in the air?

Archived