IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Bristol Oil Services

He's doing a good job. Early days still but fair play to him. Well done.

It's such a shame we are never in the  market for fellas like him (no offence to LJ, but we do seem to need .... a bit of something, can't quite put me finger on it), and that they are out of our league.

Oh well, still plenty of time left this season. We go again!

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

He's doing a good job. Early days still but fair play to him. Well done.

It's such a shame we are never in the  market for fellas like him (no offence to LJ, but we do seem to need .... a bit of something, can't quite put me finger on it), and that they are out of our league.

Oh well, still plenty of time left this season. We go again!

Can’t see SL ever employing someone like NP unfortunately - too abrasive / single minded about what is required.  Which is a massive shame. Hope I’m wrong next time around whenever that may be. 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Can’t see SL ever employing someone like NP unfortunately - too abrasive / single minded about what is required.  Which is a massive shame. Hope I’m wrong next time around whenever that may be. 

The question for SL is do you want a “Yes man” or “a winner”. I would suggest the evidence points to the former being more important.

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

The question for SL is do you want a “Yes man” or “a winner”. I would suggest the evidence points to the former being more important.

You are right to the extent that whoever is Head Coach has to accept the club's strategy. That is not going to be acceptable to the kind of big name managers some people believe we could attract.

Remember there were those who believed we could get Moyes, a man who describes himself as one of the top managers in the Premier League.

14 minutes ago, lenred said:

Sadly I think this is true, SL will never employ a guy that is so single minded about how a club will/should be run and this is our downfall.

47 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

The messiahs on here scoffed at Pearson when he was suggested as a replacement for Saint Lee. 

Hahahaha you know he was re-employed by the king power group after he left Derby to manage a Dutch team they have their fingers in.  He's never been an option for us, he was only ever going to be prised away by a Premier League side.  But don't let that cloud your judgment.

Archived