IGNORED

Jack hunt...or Nicky hunt ??

Spoons

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He’s either very good or very bad. 

But I’m reserving judgment on him, like I am on every other player, until they have a proper coach. 

Yep.  Really good against weaker sides we dominate but poor when he has to do the intrinsic part of his job (ie defend).

39 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Yep.  Really good against weaker sides we dominate but poor when he has to do the intrinsic part of his job (ie defend).

He's always shit when he has to do any of that, he really is an utterly awful right back, positional sense is laughable, he is an absolute liability but somehow keeps getting picked as Johnson seems to ha e one of his standard problems with Pirerra. 

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Poor game but no support at all . Left very exposed . Blame the bloke who set the team up

No.  He made an awful decision to try to control a long ball that led directly to the first goal.  Should have just got something on it and out for a throw in or corner.  

This was the same team that played last home game with one change. The majority of fans were happy. individual mistakes again and the loss of form by key players didn’t help. Messrs Lansdown and Ashton must use their management skills to steady the ship. Emotional outburst by players, coaches and fans do not help.

5 hours ago, Spoons said:

That bad today it was like watching his name sake from years gone by!! 

Panicked for the first goal and got gradually worse the rest of the afternoon.

He had an off day today but wasn't terrible aside from the mistake for the first goal.

He's had a very good season imo.

Good player for us.

Frustrating player. Overall I'd say a decent enough championship right back. I guess if we played free flowing attacking football like Norwich last season, where if we concede then no bother we will score more, then Hunt's mistakes may not matter quite so much.

We know he will occasionally make those bad mistakes. But what probably frustrates me more is the very odd mistakes he makes on the ball. Quite often one after another in a period of a game he will keep giving it away or just look very shaky.

He seemed to sort himself out second half. He worked his socks off and improved. But then a great move that ended with a great high pass to him on the far post for a very simple header across goal, and it was the worst header off the wrong part of his head to the goalie, or off for a goal kick, can't remember.

But it's an example of him having something very easy to do and completely messing it up because he seemed to not keep his eye on the ball. Frustrating things you get from him.

I said it even after his best performances, decent enough player overall, but I prefer Pereira. He's quicker, stronger and better at defending. Better in the air too. At 21 he will go on and be far better than Hunt I'm sure. Pereira is very good technically as well. Just lacks that experience.

So like I said the other week, I'd probably look to move him on if we can get a half decent fee. But then I was saying recall Vyner who now appears to be out for the season, so maybe that changes things.

Archived